Chapter 25

You know those times in your life when you feel so embarrassed that even if this earth opens up right now you'll jump into it right away

You know those times in your life when you feel so embarrassed that even if this earth opens up right now you'll jump into it right away. Well, that's the case with me right now. I'm sure by now that if I'll enter this house again, something else will happen again because my life can never be normal and this is one of those examples.

The whole Barone family was watching both of us with some strange eyes. Genoveva and Armando had worry on their face. Whereas Alford and Niccolo both had amused face. And last three brothers Achille, Gabriele and Edwaldo were standing in shock as if they have seen the impossible right now. I asked Santino "why's everybody looking at us like that?"
"Like what?"
"Like, someone have told them monkey's can swim."
"I think that too. But do monkeys actually can swim?"
"I forgot to ask them last time. But I'll let you know whenever I meet them next time. Like seriously, how would I know if they can or not? If you are interested you can google." I said in bored voice while looking at him and he was trying to hold his laugh which he couldn't succeed and he started laughing. Like literally laughing loudly and I on the other hand was praying to God that I doesn't fall.

"I think my life is complete now. I've seen the most unbelievable thing today. Dad did you see that? Santino laughed like actually laughed. Is this a dream? Gabs pinch me." Niccolo kept on muttering. And then his Gabs pinched him and I'm sure that was very hard. Not even a second later his ugly voice reverberated through the house.

"Aaaaahhhhh, Gabriele it hurts."
"You asked me to pinch you."
"I asked you to pinch me not fucking stab me."
"Stop being dramatic bitch."
"I'm not bitch you are."
"What did you say?"
"Okay... enough both of you." Voiced Alford and continued while looking at Santino and I.
"Take her to the guest room."
he nodded and started walking towards I guess the guest room and everyone started following us to the guest room. Niccolo opened the door for us and Santino helped me settle on the bed. I hissed when he put me down on the bed I guess because I fell two time on same side my back and bum both are sore. He was fixing the pillow behind my back when Genoveva came closer to me and sat on the bed "what happened dear? We got scared when someone else answered your phone and said you are in hospital." She asked
"I'm fine please don't worry, it's just a little injury. I'll be fine in few day."

Santino scoffed after I finished and said "firstly it's not a little injury. If you're forgetting something then let me remind you broke your bone and secondly you are not going anywhere till you are perfectly fine." By the time he finishes his speech I was ready to run from here. I kept staring at him and throwing daggers with my eyes. Why can't this hulk keep his mouth shut.
"Are you in pain Hazel?" Armando asked
"I'm fine... really.... he's just exaggerating it. Also, if you are that concerned then you should know that I haven't eaten anything from more than 20 hours. So you better bring me food if you don't want to deal with a hungry cat." I said looking towards Santino. I don't know how I got this much confidence to ask him for food may be it's still the affect of medications but I'm impressed with my boldness.
"I'll ask someone to get you as soon as possible." He replied with kind of guilty expression but i didn't spare him.
"No, if I'm going to eat something then you have to make it. And I'm not taking no for an answer."
"What make you think that I'm going to cook  for you little cat?" Now his response was getting on my nerves.
"Well, if you haven't forgotten already let me remind you Mr. Hulk you were the one who decided to take me here. You were the one who said in the car that I don't have to worry about anything. So, I'm asking you again to make me food."
"And what if I don't make it?"
Okay now I don't know what to say so I did the last thing that I use to do with my best friend when I want him to agree on something. A puppy face with tear in eyes.
"Are you seriously using that face now?" He asked and mind you everyone was watching us as if they are watching a movie.
"Nonno, tell him to make me food." I don't know what's wrong with me. I'm saying things that I shouldn't say but I guess using the word nonno makes me win this fight right now. Plus now I was starving and couldn't help myself from crying out loud.

"Nonno, if he's not going to bring food I'm going home

"Nonno, if he's not going to bring food I'm going home."
"No cara you are not going anywhere. Santino, make her some to eat."
"What? Nonno you know she's using her tears as weapon against me."
"Sanitno....."
"Fine dad, you don't have to make group against me. I'm going to make some for princess." He said in mocking tone. But I don't care.
"Gabs, did see that?" Niccolo asked
"Yeah....."
"Are you sure we are not dreaming right now?"
"Yeah...??"
"How did she do it? How did she manage to ask the angry wolf to make her food."
"I know even I'm out of words right now." This time Edwaldo intervened. I looked at all the brothers, they were all shocked. Coming to Armando his face had a genuine smile on it while Nonno and nana both were laughing and kept looking at me.
"What? " I asked looking at everyone.
"Did I do something wrong?"
At this nono came and sat besides me. "No  cara, you did nothing wrong. In fact I'm happy that you can leash on these wild creatures."
"Hahahaha.... are they really that bad?"
"You have no idea how much of a big headache these all are to we all three.."
"Hey... " all the boys said in unison.
"Hehehehe.... don't worry nonno... I'm here now. You don't have to worry at all." Nonno, nanna and Armando laughed at my response.

I kept looking at all of them as some of them are laughing and smiling while others have pout on their faces and some are scoffing. Is this how family conversations are? Is this how some members feel? Am I really related to them somehow? Will they accept me when truth will unfold? Will I ever have these magical moments when they'll know the truth? I need to find answers to all these questions soon. It's good that I'm here now. If I want to find out if I'm related to all of them I guess only one thing can prove it. My thoughts got interrupted by the sound on door.

NOCK.... NOCK...... NOCK.......