Chapter 72

Orlando's POV

Who would have thought that one day I'll be standing at this point in my life where rue is the only feeling that I have for now. Since the day I was born my life have been pretty good. I won't say that I haven't been in that span of my life where I haven't seen bad days. I have had my fair share of it but even during those times I had someone with me who made me smile. She was with me, Hazel, a girl that loved looking at stars. I met her in the orphanage when I tragically lost my parents. That was a dark part in my life and only she was the light that gave me a way to my lost self. I was hard one to crack but she did it. Spending time under the blanket of blinking star was my favorite thing to do. 

However, now I feel witless to just think about my own life and problems. How couldn't I see the signs of the abuse. How couldn't I see that she have been suffering for so long, how could I be so blind that I couldn't see those scars behind her smile that she use to give me every time she saw me. how? Later when I was adopted I did as my parents told me and agreed to lied to the only person who matters more than anything in my life? I shouldn't have listened to them. I should have used my brain and looked for her instead of being a craven but my fear of losing her overpowered my wishes. when I found out the family I am associated with is involved with mafia and especially after the accident I was involved with, I couldn't bear to put her in danger. Though I was right at that time but later, I should have searched for her. Why did I got so involved in my life and people in it that I stopped the thought of even having a contact with her. I know I'm at blame for this. It brakes my heart when I recall the incident that took place few days ago. Hearing her made me realize how stupid I have been all this time to think she have been well. 

I don't  know how to approach her now. I'm spooked to see her now. I've seen her reaction that day and I'm shitting myself now to even think about how she'll react again. I desperately wants to talk to her, ask her why she didn't tell me all those things before when we were in the orphanage? Why she kept bearing it for so long? Was she scared that no one would believe her? does that mean during that time none of her wound got treated the whole time she was suffering. All these thoughts and questions were eating me up and the worst part is that I cannot find answer to any of these questions until I ask Hazel but how will I be able to do it; I haven't seen her in three days. She is not ready to look at my face. Will I loose her this time forever?........

No....... I can't let this happen. I have to do something about it. I need to talk to her somehow. Even if she beat me to pup I'll bear it but right now I need to see her. I need to apologize to her and I will not stop till she forgives me. With that thought in mind I got out of my room and start looking for her everywhere. I asked few of the helpers around as well but none of them seems to know where she could have been. I was walking towards Nonno's room to check if she was there and she was also not here but nonno was in his room talking to someone on the phone with quite a serious experience that you could resemble it with doctor who is telling his patient some bad new which turn the patients world upside down. His gaze shifted towards my side when I opened the door to his room. when he saw me he smiled and gestured me to enter the room. Following him, I entered the room and sat on the sofa next to him. I waited for his to end his conversation with person on the other side of the phone. Once he was done with it he smiled and asked