Chapter 30

I rolled my eyes and looked behind to see Santino and Achille standing.
"Not again...." I muttered and turned around to start eating my breakfast before they both decides to snatch it away from me. But Santino was not done, he walked towards me and stood in front of me joining Achille.

"I asked you something Hazel." He asked in same angry tone. I on the other hand was praying that he doesn't do something stupid that will piss me off.
"I'm plucking apples from the tree. Do you want to join?" As I said that I saw Achille and Captain Rick covering their mouth to hide their laughter but failed miserably. I know what I said will piss him off more but who cares, right now I was more invested in my food.

I was about to take another bite when this angry bull decided to do something stupid that pissed me even more than him. He took away my omelet plate that was in front of me. And ladies and gentlemen that's how he got my attention, asshole.
"Oh you did not just do that." I said angrily.
"Answer my god damn question. Where were you since morning?"
"I went for a walk."
"Where?"
"To the lake near your house."
"With whom?"
"Is this some kind of interrogation? If it is, I'm not interested and I want my food back."
"And I need my answers. With whom?"
"Alone."
"Did you inform someone before going?"
"I left a note for him before going." I said pointing towards Achille.
He looks towards his brother and he nooks his head agreeing to my answer.
I was so angry with this guy right now that the hunger that I before now vanished due to his interrogation.
"Are we done now?" I asked Santino angrily.
"Yes... and you better not go anywhere without informing anyone." What the hell, what is that supposed to mean. His angry tone and statements were now hurting me. Is he fussing because of their conversation that the whole family had about me last night. As much as I was feeling good few hours ago, now I'm feeling even more upset with all this. So, before I say anything stupid to piss him off more I got down from that bar stool and decided to go back in the room.
"Now, where the hell are you going leaving your food."

Okay, what is this dude's problem? First, he took my food away. Second, he kept questioning me. Third, he's now again stopping me to go. I turned around and looked straight in his eyes while replying.
"I'm going back to the cell you want me to. Also, next time before taking away someone's food while they are eating think that they must be hungry."
"Then why are you leaving before eating yours?"
"Oh thank you soo much but I'm full with all your questions now." I said with a fake smile.
"At least have some more bites before you go." This time Achille opened his mouth. Where did his voice go when his brother took the plate from me when I was about to take next bite.
"Thanks but you can have it."
With that I turned around and left the kitchen. I was so angry and pissed right now that I couldn't hold my tears. Thankfully my cell ... I mean my room was very near to kitchen so no one saw me.

I went inside the washroom in my room and locked the door. There was a mirror in front of me, I saw my reflection in it and wondered if I ever be happy in my life? I may be exaggerating this whole thing from someone else's point of view but for me I was not. For my whole life I had worse experiences with all those families. They never loved me, never cared for me even when I was sad, not well or haven't eaten anything from few days.

I still remember that day clearly when I was  living with one of those foster family. They made me do all the house work for days without giving me any food as a punishment because I broke their tea set by mistake while taking out of these stupid cupboards which were so high as compared to my height. Beating, neglecting, not feeding, making me do the house chores and what not.

I am becoming weak again. This is not me. I have left that life behind me, but today Santino's single action made me go back to those horrible days that I never want to remember. That I wish I never had experienced in first place.

I don't know how long I kept standing there staring at the mirror but after some time I washed my face and decided to tell them that I want to go back home. I got out of the washroom and looked around the room. There was a plate of omelet lying on the bedside table. I ignored it and decided to look for Nana or Armando. As I went out the room I saw one of the helpers there cleaning the floor. I approached her and asked her to direct me towards Armando's room. The lady was very sweet, she accompanied me to his room and went back to do her chores. I was not standing in front of his room and nocked on the door.
His voice came from inside the room saying "come in".

I entered his room and I saw him doing something that made me think that may be I'm still lucky.