Chapter 71

Like us, humans, does animal feel the anger, sadness, guilt, pain

Like us, humans, does animal feel the anger, sadness, guilt, pain... all these emotions? I don't think there life is as complicated like mine is. I think they are the carefree souls who are blessed to have a wonderful life even if they don't have any owner. Watching Arion running in the fields freely; I couldn't help myself asking all these questions. I think they do feel some emotions but surely they have a simple life where they just eat, sleep, run or play with their babies. I really wish I could have that life but as I said in the beginning, we can just wish or hope for that we never know what hold next in our destiny.

It's been two days since that incident and I have successfully avoided Orlando and few of my brothers. I guess they all are trying to give me space as well, which I'm glad for. I need time to collect my thoughts and emotions. I know I can't avoid them forever at some point I have to face them, especially the person that I once called my best friend. The morning sky is doing its job in helping me to think clear today. Never in my life I thought I will be in such a spot where I have to think about forgiving Orlando. As kids even though we were dealing with our own devils, our life was simple.

I felt something tugging my arm. Looking at my left I saw Arion looking at me. I patted his jowl and said, "how about we both go for a run? What you say? I think we both need one." With that I hopped onto him and we both set our run into the morning trail. The path was bumpy but we both didn't care about it. Arion's coat is already shinny but the morning sun rays were giving him an extra shine which I couldn't ignored. The cold morning breeze kissed my hair and face and the Birds were chirping somewhere in the woods. I closed my eyes leaned forward to hug Arion's crest tightly. Soon we both reached at the end of the trail and I should not be surprised to see huge walls to mark the boundaries. We both started walking nearby the wall in silence for quite few minutes but I broke the silence because technically it's actually me who can speak.

"You know Orlando is here, he is back, well I thought he died but in actual he didn't; it was a lie. Few days when I knew about the truth I was devastated. It still hurts to think that he lied to me for so long and I don't think he would have any intention of telling me about it all. It was just a coincidence that he was adopted by this family and I found out about it. Had it been any other family I would've still been in this misery about loosing my best friend. Do you think he ever thought about me after taking this decision? I believe he didn't, he just moved on with his life but I, I was still stuck there for soo long."

Turning around I patted his muzzle lightly and in return Arion nodded his head. I think he wants me to continue talking so that's what I did.

"I don't know what to do now? I know one thing for sure that I won't be able to forgive him. Maybe some day in the future but not now. Even looking at his face for just once I think I'll loose myself, I won't be able to control tornado of emotions that I'm suppressing inside me. I'm done playing nice. He have to pay for what he did to me. If he doesn't give a fuck about me so why should I? I know that I cannot hide forever, it's better that I talk to someone about it I'm sure they'll respect my decision. What you think Arion?" And in response he again nodded his head.