Chapter 40

You know that feeling when you are angry, frustrated and upset about something and when the feelings overpowers you, you don't know what you said to the person in front of you

"Process, really!!! Then what about me? Am I not processing all this? Is this not new for me? Or do they think, since, I have already have experienced the foster life adding a new family will be a same feeling for me too? No Lorenzo, it's not. Their anger on something which I don't even know is killing me. Their silence is killing me. I want to feel normal for once, is it that bad to ask? What is it, tell me? What's the real reason for all this nonsense? Answer me dammit?"
"Hazel, you need to clam down, please. You are not in your right mind. All I'm saying is it will take some time to adjust to this new thing for all of you."
"Lorenzo, do you really think they will be normal? Fine, you know what, let's bet. I can guarantee you that even after 24 hours they will continue with the same shit. For them, may be there anger and guilt is much more important than that their own blood. And you promise me and thing."
"What is it?"
"You will not talk to them about anything that we talked. You will keep your mouth closed on me. Even I want to see how long will it take them to realize that the child they found is lost again."
"Hazel, what are you trying to say? Please don't do anything stupid. I beg of you."
"No, you promise me."
"Fine, fine.... I promise, now clam down. But I want you to know that whatever happens keep in mind that I'm with you, always."
I was a mess right now but still I looked into his eyes and managed to nod my head. Then after some time we both decided to head back home. Sometime during the ride I slept. I woke up to someone shaking me. I looked at the person and it was Lorenzo.
"Get up cara, we have reached."
I looked outside and we were standing near the garage. I got out of the car, Lorenzo came towards my side and asked
"You sure you will be okay? If someone asked you something about your whereabouts just tell them you were with me, though I've already told Santino."
"You think they had noticed it?"
"Of course, Hazel. Don't think too much and go have a good sleep. Okay?"
"Yeah, you too drive safe."
"I will. Good night princess."
"Good night."
After that I turned around and went inside. It was so quiet at the moment and as I suspected no one was awake. I loosing my hope on these people slowly. I got to my room and went to washroom to take shower. I really feel like needing one. As always I was careful with the plaster. I wrapped it with a plastic bag and got into the shower. I was tired, really tired so, I took a really quick one and got ready to sleep. As my head hits the pillow I'm out.

Narrator's pov

Time, it sometimes fucks with with so much that you have no control on your actions, emotions or your words. The Barone's were in such situation right now. Time, life or destiny, whatever you want to call, have slapped them so hard with things right now that they're not able to forget the mistakes they've committed. They are unable to accept it, they are still questioning how they could've committed such a sin. Their daughter in law, wife or mother was someone very dear to them. How they couldn't see the truth behind her actions. The news of her death have made them in so much guilt that they are having hard time now.

They are grieving. They are regretting. They are lost.

Alford and his wife knows that nothing can be changed now but they can't accept the truth. Armando is a mess right now. Drinking is all he can think right now. He is the one, who's been affected my this news most. Santino is angry at his father and grandparents for not believing in his mother and so is Achille. Gabrielle is just focusing on his big brothers. He doesn't want them to do something stupid in this rage that they would regret later. Edwaldo cannot think anything other then his father. He knows that his father needs support right now and he is not living him alone at this moment. As for Niccolo, he is watching everyone. He knows that with all this grieving everyone have forgotten about Hazel. He thinks that they will soon realize it and eventually they all will be back to normal. However, right now he cannot leave his father alone. Though, he's sad to know the truth but as their father have taught them, family come first. So, that's what he's doing. They are happy that they have a princess in their home now but the grief and regret is overpowering their thoughts at the moment. So, because of that they all are masking another mistake which they are going to regret soon.

Now, coming towards Lorenzo, he could see it clearly that Barone's have a lot on their plate right now. He could also see that Hazel is upset a lot. He really feel a connection with her as he feel with his own sister. That's why he took her out along with him. Though he did texted his best friend but he didn't respond let alone didn't even seen his message. He is really worried about damage that will that's going to happen if they didn't acknowledge Hazel soon.