Chapter 38

"This is a shock for me

"This is a shock for me." Fedrick said.
I looked behind and saw him standing with his mouth opened.
"Why?"
"This bad boy have not let anyone touch him since he came here. It took me 2 years to get near him. But you just touched him."
"I guess we both feel same." I said looking towards Arion.
"We should go now. Everyone must be looking for you."
When he said that, it brought me all the memories that I was able to forget for few minutes. I guess I have to face the reality now. Arion looks at me and neighs, I guess he's saying that he's with me.
"Thanks" I whispered.
With one last pat on his crest I started making my way back to the house. I need to get this burden out of my chest now. If I stayed silent now it will make things difficult for everyone. We both entered the house and it was 6 in the evening. Did we stayed there that long? But it was worth it.

"Captain, can you please call everyone in the living room?"
"What happened dear? I know it's not my place to ask but you were crying in Arion's stable too. Is something bothering you?"
"Yes, that's why I want all of the Barone's here."
"Okay...As you say dear. You have a seat I'll all everyone."
"Thank you uncle Rick."
He smiled softly and went towards the kitchen. I know that this might be difficult for me but I want to come clean. I can't pretend anymore, knowing that we all know the truth. I went in my room to freshen up a bit and changed my clothes because these ones are smelling like stable.

I looked into the mirror and saw a girl who has been fighting with these battles all her life. However, now she is tired, now she want to stop and that's what she will do now. I took a deep breath and for one last time looked myself in the mirror before going out in the living room.

I got into to living room and saw everyone sitting and waiting patiently. I took a deep breath again and give myself some courage saying "I got this." I walked to them and said
"Sorry for keep you all waiting."
"It's alright cara. Now, what is that you want to talk to all of us? Everything alright?" Nonno asked
I looked at each and everyone's face and they too were looking at me and waiting for me to reply. I took a deep breath and looked right into my father's eyes and said.
"I'm going to make it short and simple. I know that you guys know about me." I said it hastily.
"Knows what Hazel?" Achille questioned.
I kept looking into my father's eyes and then said it.
"That I'm your daughter, your granddaughter and your sister."
After that it was like the time has stopped. No one said anything, all of then were trying to process the information. What's going to happen when I'll tell them that I know they own Italian mafia and I am a hacker who is listed in one of the best in her field. Should I drop all the bombs today all together or should I wait? I think it's better to get over it today only. I can't live everyday with a feeling that I'm lying to all of them.

"I have a question for you cara. How long did you have a hunch about this?" Nana asked
"Around two weeks or so... I guess"
"How did you know that we might be your family?" Gabrielle asked
"Actually, someone send me a file on the server. It was all the photos but the way it was taken it seems as if that person was staying very close to you."
"What you mean?" Santino spoke.
"The photos were taken even before my birth, during the time of my birth and even after that too. Plus there was a video of...."
It was so awkward for me to say mom and dad right now what should I say mother and father?
"Video of what cara?" This is the first time my father spoke to me since I came home. I couldn't speak anymore so I got up and excused myself. I went in my room and bought my laptop in the living room. It was hard for me to explain all this. It took me 3-4 minutes to have access to all the files that I wanted them to see. I found the video and turned the laptop towards them and pressed play. They all saw it, I looked at each and everyone's face. Father had guilty expression all over his face and his eyes had tears in them. Nonno didn't show anything but there was a sadness in his eyes too. Nana too had tears in her eyes. Lorenzo was looking upset as well. Boys on the other hand were more angry. They were clenching their fists and jaw. As the video stopped, no one seemed to be normal. After few minutes nonno spoke
"Lorenzo, take the video and look into it. I want something on it as soon as possible."
"Okay, nonno"
I didn't dare to look at anyone now so, I kept looking at my hand. No one said anything, nit a single word. I was about to get up and close my laptop but father got up and left the room. I keep looking at his back but he didn't even look back for once. That hurt me, it's hurting me so much that I wish I had never shown them the video. Santino had his phone in which in the blink of an eye was in the corner of the room, smashed on the floor. I flinched at it. I was scared of him right now. Did I do something wrong? Is he upset with me? Without a single word he left the room following Achille and Gabrielle. Lorenzo too got up and asked my permission to use the laptop and within few minutes he was too out of sight.

Right now it was just nonno, nana, Edwaldo, Niccolo and I in the room. They all were into their own space. No one looked at me, no one asked me asked me anything, no one said that I am theirs now, that I am their family now, no one.