Chapter 35

Narrator's pov:

Narrator's pov:

After the phone call everyone in the office was quiet. They didn't know what to do, they didn't know what to think. Some were regretting their decision, some were blaming themselves for not seeing the truth, some were shocked and some were happy that they have new member in their lives.

Alford was clearly able to see all of their emotions they were facing right now. He looked toward his wife and saw her in pain too. It was hard for him as well but for the sake of his family he had to get himself together. He have faced so many obstacles in his life that now too he's doing same that he always do. Give his kids his support.

"Lorenzo you can go now and thank you for what you did for us today. We all owe you."
"Nonno, please you are my father. You are the only one who took me and siblings in when my own god damn parents left us to rot on the streets. All I'm doing is carrying out the responsibility of a son."
"Thank you son. Now make sure you both be back safe okay?"
"Sì, nonno."

As he left Alford looks at his family again sat in front of them.
"My cari ragazzi, I know this is a big shock for us all. Armando, I know that the pain you are going through is something I cannot imagine what it feels like but God gave you this chance to make things right now. And that chance is your figlia Hazel. Give her the love of father and mother both.
And you my boys, my leoni you give her the best life, love, security and support you can give. We all know that what happened in the past is unchanged. But your present and future is in your own hand. So, decide wisely how you want to spend it, will it be while regretting and pondering on the mistakes that we have already committed or with making it right by protection her with our life and giving all our love to the only princess we have in generations. May be this our Eleanora forgives us. May be this way we can remorse ourselves for the crimes we have committed."

Genoveva got up from the chair and went towards her husband and gave her support to him by putting her hand on his shoulder. This is her way if telling him that she's with him. All the boys were still is shock. First they get to know that their father have lied to them about their mother and now they find out they have a 16 year old sister. Alford's words did gave them support so they looked at each other and give each other a reassurance by nodding their head that means they are with each other on this journey. So Santino being the big brother spoke on the behalf of all his brothers

"Nonno, we are still in shock but we are happy too that we have a sister. It may be a bit awkward situation now but we'll get over it soon. BUT if you are saying that what happened with mother is something we will forget than I apologise for that. For 17 years we were not allowed to even say her name because our father didn't wanted to. Do you think it will heal all those scars in just some time. No, I know we as family should stick together but not on this one thing. Our own father lied to us. He knew were she was but he didn't said a single word about that. If he's regretting what he's done with our mother then he better should because I won't forgive him for that."
With all that he stood up and left the room.

"He's right nonno and I support him with his decision." Achille said that and left the room with Gabrielle
Both Edwaldo and Niccolo were still sitting looking at the floor. They were the one who saw their father sometimes crying for their mother at late nights in the past. So they did what no one in the room expected them to do. They both went and sat besides him, one on either side, and looked towards there fathers face. He was quite, eyes filled with tear but was holding them up. They both looked at each other first and then hugged their father so damn tight that without saying a single word they wanted to show him that they are here for him. They both are here to support him. Seeing this Armando couldn't control his tears and started crying. Alford and Genoveva saw this, they both were relieved to see that at least their son still have some support.

After a while Alford spoke again, "I know this is hard but I want one more thing from you. Edwaldo call your brothers and put the phone on speaker."
As he did what he was told to do he put the phone on speaker and on second bell all the brothers picked the call because whatever happens family comes first.
"Boys, I want something from you." Alford said it again.
"What happened nonno?" Gabrielle spoke.
"I know that Hazel is coming home and we all know the truth now but don't let her know that we too know about it."
This got everyone off guard even the one sitting in the room
"Hear me out first, before you all say. We all know that she's also aware of the truth. But if we show her that we too know the truth she's going to question how. And if you all want to tell her that we did a background check on her then you'll have to answer more questions which will lead to her knowing that we are the head of mafia. Do you all want her to know?"
There was a silence in room and on the phone too. Then first Armando spoke "no, I don't want want to loose my only daughter too."
Hearing that Santino too spoke no and with his and all his brothers too said no. Alford was happy to hear the answer.

"Alright then, also she will be here in 2 hours. Instead of sulking in your room and office get your shit together and prepare for the arrival of our princess or do want her to experience the same when she first came to her house."
Hearing that all the boys were alert and already on their feet to carry on their duties. Seeing that made Armando and his parents laugh. They looked at each other and smiled. Genoveva sat with her son and said "don't worry, we will be with you in every step of your life like we have done till now. Now get up and wash up your face boy you look like a 6 year old whose pencil got stolen from his pouch."
"Madre...!!!"
"She's right, go and freshen up or do you want to show this face to your daughter?"

Hearing that he got up and went to his room. Alford and his wife were relieved that at least they all are now using their brains.
All the Barone's know that it will be hard for them to forget the past but they were damn sure about one thing, their princess will now live her life to fullest. Her wish is their command and if they ever saw a single tear in eyes they will set world on fire for her.