Chapter 42

I'm always in delusion that if I fix one thing then everything will start working in my favor, oh, but how stupid I am to forget that my life cannot make things work for me

I'm always in delusion that if I fix one thing then everything will start working in my favor, oh, but how stupid I am to forget that my life cannot make things work for me. In fact, it always happen like to crush and throw it out of the window just like a paper which is useless to us.

Nana and I had a beautiful time together after that for rest of the morning. We spent this time bonding with each other. She showed me around the house, the garden, the playroom, basement pool and what not. Is this how they all have been living till now? I still cannot believe that this is my home too. It still feels like a dream to me.

We were sitting in nana's room, which is very beautiful, to spend quality time together. She got a call from nonno when she was in the middle of showing me the family picture. I tried to listen the conversation but couldn't make it through somethings they were talking about. She hanged the phone and looked at me with an expression which I couldn't figure out.
"What happened nana?"
"They all a very busy today cara. I think they won't be able to come home early. All of them left so early, I'm sure they didn't even had their breakfast yet. They all are bunch of kids when it comes to eating."
"Hmmm..... how about we take lunch for them to the office. I'm sure they can at least take 20 minutes break from work to eat."
"That can be done. I'll ask Marco to make lunch for all of them."
With that she and I left her room and went in the kitchen for preparation. Though, we didn't help much but we were supervising everything. With an hour or so everything was ready and packed.
"We should change to nana."
"Ok cara. I'll meet you in 20 minutes."
I as well went in my room and got ready in time to go.

As I got in the living room I saw nana on the phone again

As I got in the living room I saw nana on the phone again. Is it normal to get these many calls on your cellphone or is it me who's loner here who hardy gets any calls in week. I got to her and saw her worried expression, she saw me and made her call short say "don't worry, yes..... I'll be there."
"Good you are in time Hazel. I'm sorry but I don't think I'll be able to go with you."
"Why nana?"
"Cara, one of my friend got in accident just few minutes ago. I have to rush to the hospital."
"I'm sorry to hear that. Is it very serious?"
"I don't know much right now. I have to go and see. Will you be okay to take all the food alone?"
"Yes nana. Don't worry."
"Thank you cara. Fedrick will be taking you to our company. He's waiting for you outside."
"Ok nana."
"Also I've informed your nonno about your arrival so don't worry."
"Sì nana, don't worry about me I will manage. You should go and check on your friend."
"Thank you Hazel."
"No worries." I replied smiling.
Then we both went our ways in our own vehicles. It took us nearly 30 minutes to reach their. Every building in the downtown was so big. We reached our destination and captain Rick pulled us into a basement parking which I'm definitely sure is private. We both got out and he helped me carry the food basket. We both entered in an elevator and he pressed the top floor number following by a code which I assume is for safety purposes. As we get nearer to the floor, my heart starts racing. Why am I so nervous? It's just my family. I will be okay. I started having a strange feeling like something will happen. But what could happen in office? I'll be handing them food and then will be back my way to home in no time.

The doors to the elevator opened revealing a very large hallway with huge windows and a reception desk on the side. The man behind the desk saw us and smiled.
"Hi Fedrick..... How are you?"
"Great Brian, yourself?"
"Just hanging there."
"I'm sure you'll make through. We bought them food. Should I take it to the same off?"
"Yeah, but I don't think they will have time to eat. It's been 6 hours since we had crisis and it's still not over."
"Is it a red zone today I guess then."
"You have no idea. Someone is really trying to mess with all the bosses today."
"What you mean?"
"Someone is trying to hack into out servers since early morning. They already have done some damage. We are just trying to fix it."
When he said hack my mind got alert. Is it really that bad? Don't they have good IT here?
"Who is she?" Brian asked.
"Oh, she is a relative of Barone's. I'm sorry to not introduce you before. Hazel this is Brian our trusted secretary at the company and Brian this is Hazel, a very close family to us."
"Hi Hazel, nice to meet you."
"Likewise Brian."
"Alright we'll see you later Brian." By saying that Rick and I went towards an opposite direction to the desk. We got to a big double glass door. He opened it for me and then followed me. It was an office, a huge one.

We got where the sofas were and settled the baskets on the table

"Alright dear, I'll leave you to settle everything hereafter."
"You not staying?"
"No dear, I'm their chauffeur. I've never stayed long enough where I'm not supposed to be. But you will be okay. I know."
"Does this last part was suppose to make me feel better? If yes, then it clearly isn't working."
"Haha.... everything will be fine cara. Also put your number in my phone so I can have it too." He said while handling it to me . I added my number in his phone and dialed it so I can save it too. Then he left me alone after saying bye.

I sat on the sofa for a minute and looked around the office. It's so white and clean. My mind then went back to what Brian told us few minutes ago. Should I help them? I know I can manage it but will I be allowed to help them or not? I don't know for how long I was in my own thoughts because I didn't even realised someone entered in the office. An angry voice startled me which made me flinch.
"What the hell are you doing here?" I looked at the person with this angry voice which was non other than our angry bull Santino.
"I bought you food. Nana told me bring you lunch since you all left without breakfast in the morning."
"We are not free. Take the basket and go home." He said in angry voice. Why the hell is he getting angry at me? What have I done?
"Nana told me to make sure you all eat. If you don't want to eat, it's fine but let other's eat."
"Do you think we have time to fucking eat in all this problem? Listen to me little girl and I won't repeat it again. Go back home."
"What the hell is your problem Santino? And why are you getting angry with me. What have I done to you? Keep your office anger with office people only. Don't try to leash it on me."
"I don't take orders from you. It's the other way around. If you cannot handle it then get the hell out of here." This time his voice boomed in whole office. I guess his voice was very loud enough to hear for others too because within seconds Gabrielle and our father entered the office.

"What's going on here?" It was Gabs who broke our gaze from each other.
"Ask him, he's the one having issues here."
I replied.
"If you have issues then door is right in front of you." Santino barked. Is he being serious right now? Is this a way to treat your sister? His anger and words were hurtful and he's not even realizing that.
"Calm down both of you." Gabrielle interrupted us. And our father was just standing near the door staring at us.
"Hazel what are you doing here? " Gabrielle asked.
"I bought you all food here that nana prepared for you all."
"And why are have come alone?"
"She was going to come as well but one of her friend got in some accident so she had to go there."
"Okay. Since you have already bought it we can eat because I'm starving."
He was about to touch to basket when that angry bull bursted again.
"Is this how are going to work in difficult situations Gabrielle?"
"What you mean?"
"Is eating is all you can think? We have some fucker hacking into our system since morning and have cause me to lost 15 million right now. And all you can think is of eating. Are you fucking serious right now?"
"Arlo I'm just trying to do what others are doing. Trying and waiting for results. What else do you want me to do?"
"He is right son. You are overreacting right now." This time our father replied.
"Huh.... really..... overreacting? You don't get to tell me what to do anymore here."
"Voice down son. Don't forget I'm your father."
"Oh how can I forget that. You are the reason we all are here today in our life."
"Arlo calm down.... please not in the office.... dad you too.... please." I kept loo at their faces. What is going on here?
"Calm down? How Gabrielle? I keep losing it when I see them both." He said referring to father and I.
"Arlo calm down before you regret it."
"I don't fucking care. They both are the reason I don't have mother in my life. We don't have a mother Gabrielle."