Chapter 57

I'm glad that I have someone with me today, I'm glad that for the first time in my life I'm not alone in these type of situations

I'm glad that I have someone with me today, I'm glad that for the first time in my life I'm not alone in these type of situations. My day have just started and I'm already exhausted. Nana went out of the room to get a heating pad I'm just waiting for her to return. Just when I thought that she might have forgotten about it, she came back in the room with a little to too many things with her. Then you can say that for next half an hour or so she was with me till I dozed off.

I opened my eyes and it was a very dark room. I couldn't see anything and the one thing was sure I was laying on the floor. I got up and decided to look for a switch to the light but then I heard it. That horrifying sound of those chains. No! It can't be true. I'm must be dreaming, I was just with my nana few minutes ago. As I stood up I could feel that rough cold floor of the basement where I was beaten up to death every time I made any mistake. No No No No No...... I don't want to go through all that again. I tried getting those chains out of my feet but as always there was no way to get out of them. My whole body was hurting especially in between my legs. Did he raped me again? Please God, help me get out of here. I don't want to live those days again. All of a sudden the room was very bright and I couldn't open my eyes.
"I see you are awake my bird." That voice, when did he came back? He was dead, this can't be happening. I looked up and then saw him, No!!!! I couldn't even get a single sound out of my mouth. I was in shock. He started walking closer to where I was sitting with that nasty smile on his face.
"Let's have some fun now, what you say my bird?"

I woke up with a startle and immediately looked for the light switch for that table lamp and looked around to make sure I was in my room. It was just a bad dream, I'm still here. I'm safe now, it was a nightmare. I kept chanting these words again and again in my head. That cold floor, that pain and especially that voice which haunted me for years was again as always so real. Out of all my foster homes or should I call it jails Antony's was the worst. My heartbeat was super erratic, my hands were shaking and so was my breath. I was trying to control my panic that was building up like a hurricane. I kept looking around the room and started counting the number of things there were to control my breathing, which I was failing miserably to do. I could feel his dirty hands on my body roaming around that gave me chills. I was still trying to control my emotions and breathing when the door to my room opened showing Santino and Achille entering.
"Hey principessa, are you awake?"

I guess he didn't see my face because the room was not that lit with table lamp light because I'm sure he wouldn't be asking me this question if he had seen my face. Not caring about anything, my anger  or resentment towards them, I just got up from the bed and ran towards him and hugged him. I couldn't hold myself at the moment, I need someone right now, someone to hold me, someone to tell me that everything is fine just like Orlando use to do when we were in the orphanage. He was shocked with my actions because it took him few seconds too hold me back in his arms and just like Orlando he kept chanting those calm words to bring me back to the world I'm in right now. He kept holding me for I don't know how long but not even for single second loosen his hold on me or stop ceasing my hair or reassuring me that everything this fine or I'm fine. After some time I felt a hand creasing my arm too which I knew was Achille's. When I started breathing normally and he was sure that I'm fine, he pulled back and held my face in his big warm hands and looked directly in my eyes.
"Are you feeling better now?" I nodded yes in response.
"Here have some water you'll feel better." Achille said holding a glass of water. My hand were still shaking he held the glass for me which I finished within two seconds. Santino held my shoulders and brought me back to my bed and they both sat on my either sides. Santino held my hand in his warm hands and spoke, "I know that we had a shaky beginning but remember that we all are here for you cara. If you want to talk we are here."
Then Achille held my face just like Santino and spoke "I don't know what triggered you to have panic attack like this but next time come to anyone of us, okay. Don't hold back, we will help you, we'll all do." Their words bought tears in my eyes that I couldn't hold back. Achille wiped them with both his thumbs and smiled lightly. "My beautiful Hazel, these stupid tears don't belong in these precious eyes." He kissed both my eyes and smiled.
"Well, for once in his life this idiot is right." Santino agreed jokingly which brought smile to my face.
"There it is again. This beautiful smile which I was looking for." Santino said and then I hugged him which was shocking for me too but this time he reciprocated it right away.
"This is so not fair, why is he getting all the hugs today?" Achille said whiningly.
"Because she loves me more"
"Have you ever seen your face in mirror?"
"Yes 100 times, why"
"Because I'm sure this ugly face don't deserve it."
"Say it one more time then I'll show you who is ugly."

I kept looking left and right at their faces while they were bickering back and forth. Well, who knew that these handsome giants can argue like kids. So, to stop myself from the headache I hugged Achille and held Santino's hand tightly to convey my feelings. I'm glad they didn't asked me anything and held me tight because that's all I needed at the moment.