Chapter 9

The laughter from living room made me realize the I dozed off

The laughter from living room made me realize the I dozed off. Wiping my tears away, I made myself presentable and forced a smile on my face.
Then I started working on coffee and took out the container of cookies that I made at the bakery. Amaretto cookies and

Baci di dama are my favorites so far

Putting everything on a tray I went in the living room

Putting everything on a tray I went in the living room. When Mr. Armando saw me he smiled and said " Cara you didn't have to do all this" I didn't know what to reply so I just smiled. Putting the tray on table I started passing coffee to everyone. Niccolo first took the cookie to eat and when he took the bite his eyes widened. " wow, what did you put in it, it's soo good " as he said that everyone took one and hummed to agree with him.

" Hazel" Mr. Armando called.
" Yes Mr. Armando.
Tesoro, I've told you to call me Armando only no need for formalities. Okay?
I nodded my head to agree
Good, he replied
Cara, if you don't mind can you please tell me where you found my son yesterday?
Ummm... it's half an hour drive from here after crossing the intersection from bridge which goes towards the Dolomites mountain. He was there by the road." I told them and looked towards the other three brothers who haven't said a single word till now and are observing me very closely to check if I'm lying. One of them I think his name is Santino nodded his head to what I told them about.

"Ummm... I did cleaned his wounds and patch him up but it's better if take him to doctor for full body check up. Plus, I think he have few bruised bones and broken ribs.
How are you sure about it?" Asked the Achille, I find is name super fun.
"I know a thing or two about it, I guess" and he just nodded. How can I tell them that few years ago I also had broken and bruised bones. How can I tell them that those 4 years made me learn all those things to take care of myself so I don't die.
I've always wondered why I'm still alive, and for who?

"HAZEL" said Mr. Armando a little louder than his normal voice.
"Yes,
Cara I've been calling you!!
Sorry....ummm ..... what were you saying?"
He looked at his sons and then back to me as if they are talking to each other with there eyes.
" I asked do you live alone here?" Right after he said that Gabriele's  his phone rang and he got up from sofa and went near the back door to take the call.
"Yes Mr. Armando " I replied to his question that he asked me and was hoping that he doesn't ask me further about it. As if luck was in my side, that guy came back and said, " papa, we have to go it's urgent" and they again went with their mind telepathy.

So, they all stood up, Achille and Niccolo helped Edwaldo to stand up and came towards me. Edwaldo held my hands in his and kissed them " thank you so much Hazel for saving me, for food, for clothes which I must say I'm not very fond of." He said smiling and as on clue everyone's eyes were on his shirt that he was wearing and they too started smiling even Gabriele. Now, I was feeling stupid to give him that shirt. So, to turn the tables I said " Well, that's sad because when I first saw you, you literally looked like a Barbie so I thought why not just give you my one of the favorite shirts?!!" I said with raised eyebrows and everyone started laughing.

"Alright cara, we have to go now. However, in future if you ever needed me I'm just one call away" Mr. Armando said by handing me his business card that I took from him. The next thing he did completely froze me. He hugged me and I again started feeling that bubble of happiness in my heart. Why am I feeling like this? Why? He pulled back and held my face in his hand and said,
" You have no idea what you have done for me tesoro. I hope I can pay you back in future." I don't know what to say so I just smiled. This whole hugging thing have made my mind gone completely blank.

With that all he walked out of my house followed by Niccolo and Edwaldo who smiled and waved me goodbye whereas Santino, Achille and Gabriele nods their head and walks out as well. Then, I watch them sitting in their expensive cars and take off.

 Then, I watch them sitting in their expensive cars and take off