Chapter 41

"Cara, by brave girl, you have turned into a beautiful woman

"Cara, by brave girl, you have turned into a beautiful woman."
"Mamma!!!! Is this really you?"
"Sì tesoro."
"Mamma, I can't believe I'm with you. Is this real? I can really touch you mamma."
"Oh my bambina, tear doesn't fit well in these beautiful eyes of yours."
"Mamma, I... I can't help it. I feel like I'm getting sucked by this deep black hole that I won't be able to find myself again. I just too tired now."
"I know mia ragazza, I know. I was their too, at some point in my life. But I know that you are much more stronger than me. I know that you will make the right decision."
"Mamma, I wish I had you with me from the day I was born. I wish my birth wouldn't had killed you....."
"Hazel, never let that thought come to your mind again cara. You are the reason I was able to live that long. You were the reason I could have courage to give you birth. Never let anything or anyone make you lose your faith, worth and beliefs. Do you understand Hazel?"
"Sì...."
"Now get up my tigress and show the world that you own it. Show them that my Hazel is one of a kind in these billions."
"I don't want to leave you mamma. Please don't leave me alone again. I can't live alone anymore."
"Bambina, I'm always their with you like a shadow, remember that. You might not see me but I will be watching you all the time. I will be there with you."
"Mamma... please stay.... please I beg you.... please don't leave me alone ..... mamma..... mamma....."

I woke in the dark room. Towards my left from the window I saw little hues of morning sky. I felt wet patches on my face, I touched it. I was about to question on that, but then I remember, the dream. Was it really true? I saw her, she..... she was sitting with me. She was holding my hands, creasing my face, I really felt her touch. It can't be a dream, right? This is the first time in my life that I've seen her. She's even more beautiful up close. I got up from the bed and walked to the window. Looking up in the sky I asked
"Mamma, were you really with me? Was all of that true that you told me? Are you really with me even right now?"
I know that I'm not going to get any reply but I still yearns for one. I don't know how long I was standing their because now instead of dark sky it was sunrise. I decided to make this day a special one not only for me but for all my family. I got to washroom and did my business and got ready for the day. This is the outfit of the day because it's easy to slip on with my injury.

 This is the outfit of the day because it's easy to slip on with my injury

After that I got into the kitchen and saw the cooks working on food. One of them saw me and instantly addressed me.
"Good morning, What can I get for you mam?"
"Good morning, Ummm.... "
"Oh my bad, I'm Marco, the head chef."
"Great Marco, also please call me Hazel. I was wondering if I could cook something for the breakfast."
"Mam... I mean Hazel, I'm sorry but I can't let you do that. Plus you have plaster on your arm. How will you cook with one hand?"
He's right, I didn't think of that before.
"Okay, how about we do it together? Have thought what you're going to make?"
"Yes I have Hazel, but I still cannot let you work here. If someone found out they will kill me."
"They won't, I ensure you that. Now please let me help you too. I really want to make some Ricotta pancakes. Please.... pretty please...." I asked with a puppy face which did worked because now we all are working on the menu. I and Marco are making the pancakes and others are making croissants, biscuits, coffee and what not. After two hours or so the table was ready.
"Marco.... let's not say anything about our breakfast plans to anyone."
"As you say..."
With that he bowed a little and left the dining room. I too went in my room to clean my clothes a bit so no one knows I was in kitchen. After 10 minutes I went back to the dining room and saw it still empty. It was now 8 in the morning and I have been waiting for my family from last 15 minutes. The food will be cold by the time they will be here. After 15 minutes more or so nana, Achille and Niccolo joined me.
"Good morning guys." I chirped
"Good morning" they all said together.
"How long have you been waiting cara?"
"Just 10 minutes or so."
"You should have eaten something." Achille said. I look at his face and he looked very tired.
"I was waiting for you all."
"He's right cara, plus it's just us here today. Everyone have left for a emergency business meeting. They won't be back until late evening."
That got me a little upset but it put aside my feelings and I was glad that these three are here at least. After that again no one spoke. Achille left the room saying he have to to hospital early today. Niccolo was going to attend his classes and it was just nana and I here now.

"Nana should we sit outside, if you are free now? The weather is very nice today."
"Sure cara" she said smiling which felt was forced.
We both sat outside but no one spoke. I wanted to question her but didn't want to ruin our time even though it was just silence between us. After some time nana spoke but her word shook away the ground beneath me.
"You should also leave us Hazel."
I couldn't help but stare at her. What is saying.
"I know that what I'm saying is stupid but we don't deserve you. We are the reason you were alone in this world for so long. We all are the reason that you don't have your mother today."
"Nana, why are you saying like that?"
"Whatever I'm telling you is true. We all are your culprits."
"Nana, you know I was not ready to tell anyone about this because it's very personal for me. But you know last night mamma came in dream for first time."
She looked at me shockingly.
"Yeah... even I couldn't believe it but you know what she said. She told me to believe in myself and be strong. She told me to be there for you all."
I know last part was not true but I can't look at her sad face. I have to lie if I want to make it better for all.
"Really cara!!!!"
"Sì nana."
"Oh bambina, I'm so sorry, I'm really sorry for whatever I said."
"I know nana you didn't mean it. But please stop blaming yourself. Mamma is in good place right now and looking at us. She is happy their, trust me. You know that you cannot change your past. What's done is done, by pondering on it is not going to do anything. Look far what's in front of you nana."
"Oh my cara, I'm so sorry. Please forgive me." She said while hugging me and crying. Even though it took us 20 minutes to be back to normal but I'm glad I was able to talk to her because now she's back to that same nana I met in the beginning. I know it will take some time but I'm willing to wait.