❝ Sick - Mayoi ver. ❞

•————— ♬ —————•

                              •————— ♬ —————•

Cough.. cough—!

Such a wheezy cough brought your head directly up from your phone screen, peering down the nearby stairwell from which the sound came from. When all you were greeted with was shadows, you found yourself rather horrified. In spite of your fear, you slowly began to descend down the stairs. The shadowy stairwell was horror movie material by itself, putting the eery coughing aside. Heaving a sigh of preparation, you descended further..

A figure, poised in a hunched position, intently watched you with illuminating eyes of crystal blue. About ready to shriek in terror, you backed away from the entity.
"Uh, h-hello." You gawked, sweating with horror.
"I-.." a brittle voice trailed off. The figure stepped into the light.. "I'm so sorry! Did I scare you? I knew I should have covered my hideous face..!"
"Mayoi!" You beamed, relieved to see a familiar face instead of a disfigured one.
"Unfortunately..!" He hollered, eyes rimmed with tears.
"No, I'm so happy it's you," you laughed to yourself, shaking your head. "Hey, was that coughing you?"
"Yes," Mayoi then jolted backwards. "Did I accidentally infect you with some of my disgusting filth?!" He questioned, eyes wide with horror.
"Nope," you reassured him, shaking your head a tad. "I'm just worried about you. That cough didn't sound good."

"Nothing I ever do sounds good.." whined the consistently negative Mayoi, his head hung as he heaved a sigh of despair.
You inspected his face, which seemed pale, yet flushed. "Hey, Mayoi," you stepped forth. "Can I feel your forehead?"
"No! Don't touch me! You're far too kind, I'll only soil your kindness—!" He batted the air with his hand, shooing you back.
You took a step back, sighing. "Please, you're not going to make me wilt away by just letting me take your temperature."
"You.. you're so sweet.." he sniffled lightly. "I wish I could be like you."
"Sure you can," you flipped his violet bangs backwards, placing your free hand upon his forehead; then near his jaw and cheeks. "Yeah, I was right. You're really hot to the touch."
"Waah—! I knew a lowly creature like myself would hurt you.." cried he.

"Mayoi," you offered him your hand. "Come on. I'll take you back to my apartment."
"Y-yours..? I couldn't, that's just too sweet of you," he hesitated, hand nearing yours. "I don't want to get you sick, you have work—"
You took his hand in yours. "It's fine," you happily said. "Do you have everything you need?"
"Yes, of course!" Mayoi eagerly replied.

At your apartment..

"Woah," gawked Mayoi as he stepped inside the apartment room. "This is big, compared to ALKALOID's apartment."
"Yeah," you peered over your shoulder as you briefly ensured the bed was neatly made. "If you ever want to hangout here, just come up to the door and knock."
"I couldn't," replied Mayoi. "That's inconsiderate. But I will make sure to come back sometime."
You smiled at him, nodding your head. "Got it," you slowly rose to your feet. "Here, you can lay down now. I'll get a thermometer and water for you, okay?"
"Oh, no, I can't let you do that," the idol nervously said. "That's putting so much effort into someone as useless as me.."
"If you were truly useless, nobody would care," you reminded him. "Do you like your water with ice or without ice?"
"Without, please." He sheepishly answered, hesitantly seating himself upon the bedside.

As you quickly rushed to the bathroom of your apartment, you opened the cabinets in search of a thermometer. Upon finding a mouth thermometer, you eagerly snatched it. You then hurried outside of the bathroom, scampering through the residency. Upon entering the kitchen, you selected a glass cup. You then proceeded to the refrigerator, filling it with water. After doing so, you closed the fridge door with your hip. Hurrying to the bedside, you placed the cup upon the nearby coffee table.
"Here, can you take it yourself?" You asked.
"Yes, I can." Mayoi smiled softly at you before placing the thermometer's tip underneath his tongue.
Waiting..

Beep! Beep! Beep!

Removing the thermometer from his mouth, Mayoi proceeded to read his temperature. "Ah, stay back," he warned you. "It's a hundred and four."
Your eyes widened instantly. "Do you want something to lower it?"
"I've already taken enough from you." Mayoi shook his head, proceeding to cough into his inner elbow.
"I'll get it now," you replied blandly. You then scampered off to dig into the cabinets once more.

Similarly to last time, the search was relatively easy. You snatched the medicine bottle, opening it quickly. You read the instructions for the dosage, measuring it inside of the handy cap. You then steadily walked back to Mayoi, smiling tenderly as you handed him the cup. "If you need anything else, let me know."
"Thank you so much, you kind angel.." he trailed off moments prior to lifting the cap to his lips, quickly drinking in the pink liquid.
Accepting the small measuring cup from Mayoi, you nodded your head. "Not an angel, but you're welcome," you then hurried back to the bathroom, washing the cap thoroughly before capping the medication once more. You proceeded to stuff it back into the mostly empty cabinet, afterwards abandoning the bathroom in your wake moments after shutting the cabinet.

"How do you feel?" You asked Mayoi upon arriving near to the bed he had laid down upon.
"A tad feverish," he replied genuinely. "Otherwise, I'm alright." He then yawned.
"Well, I'll leave you to rest—" you were cut off as the violet-haired idol grasped your clothes.
"You've already come this far," he paused to inch aside in the bedsheets, the bottom half of his body covered in blankets. "Please keep me company."
"I— I, uh," at a loss for words, you heaved a sigh. You then slid under the blankets beside Mayoi. "Come here. How long have you been feeling sick for?"
"Yesterday," replied the idol. "I didn't want to hold back the others.."
"Mayoi," you pat his head, arms pulling him in towards you. "It's fine to be sick. There's nothing holding them back, and besides, they get paid for you anyways."
"Don't pet my hair..!" Yelled Mayoi, blue hues wide with shock. "You're just too kind to a demon like myself.."

Laughing at his amusing behavior, you slowly wrapped him back into your embrace. "I don't think you're a demon," you told him. "You're just Mayoi."
"Just me..?" He echoed.
"Yes, just you," you snickered. "I like that about you. You're unique. And you also need to get out of the walls."
"You know about that?!" He asked in surprise.
"I've known about it," you raised a brow. "You're not exactly silent as a mouse."
"I'm sorry.." he shamefully cast his gaze aside.
"Don't worry," you pat his head a bit. "I don't mind your little system. Just, please don't stalk anyone."
Mayoi lifted his gaze, seeming disappointed in you. "Do you believe I stalk others?"
"No, but for legal reasons, I have to say that." You laughed it off.
"Phew," he buried his face into your chest. "I hope you never see me as I do myself."
"I hope so too," you confessed. "Have you considered therapy for your anxiety and self-esteem?"
"How could I waste someone else's time like that.." whined Mayoi.
"They get paid for that, May." You commented in return, deadpanning so badly you used a nickname for him.
"May?" He raised an eyebrow at you.
"Yeah, I like the nickname. I figured it was suiting."

"Yes. I like it, too."