❝ Return Of An Old Roommate - Rinne❞

«────── « ⋅ʚ♡ɞ⋅ » ──────»

"Give up, Rinne."

Those words stuck with him, lingering on repeat as though it was an overplayed song. Your voice set his mind in a type of freeze that slowed his entire world to a halt. Had he gone too far? Was it truly an idol he wanted to be? Perhaps he just wanted to be valued by someone, someone who would see him as more than a king.
He just wanted to see his brother again. To see the little one with a genuine smile. Was that such a forsaken wish? Was it all a crime to chase for love?
Confronted with his former roommate in which he'd abandoned at the fall of his peaceful idol career, it twisted his gut. He had betrayed all he knew, leaving you to dwell on whatever you may have done wrong to cause him to randomly ditch you. In your shared apartment, all alone, bitter with rage, what could one do but internally curse his very name?

The world thawed as you spoke once more. "We have work to do."
"Huh?" He could answer with only a confused noise, still jostled with surprise.
"You don't have time to sulk," barbed words reminded him of his misfortunes. "Give up."
Of course you wouldn't mercy him. All he'd done was bring you hell, then get down on his knees to plea for forgiveness, only to forsake it not long after receiving it. But with sapphire hues widened at you in horror at what he'd caused, the crooked empire he'd created, you saw fear. His brows knitted, a soft voice following a pathetic whimper.
"I'm sorry.." croaked he.
With an expression frigid like ice, you eyed him. Who did he think he was, a god? Something worth forgiving time and time again?
Your expression melted, "I know. You think you ruined everything," you smiled gingerly at him. "I'm impressed, Amagi."
"Impressed?" He echoed. The man was entirely useless, apart from repeating words you already said.
Nodding your head a single time, lit up beneath a lamp post in the darkness of night, you continued; "You have come so far, even after begging for forgiveness on numerous occasions. You did things that cannot be forgiven, sure, but I've seen you do countless kind acts. I may not understand you, yet I need to say this."

"I'm really happy we met one another."

It seems your words struck a soft chord. The spiky red-headed idol placed a fist over his lips as his expression distorted. Water droplets appeared at his eyes, fleeing down his face as he blinked against them. You chuckled at his reaction to your words, extending your arms to embrace your former roommate. No, your current roommate.
"Welcome home, idiot."
"I'm sorry," he choked as he grasped onto you, pathetically unleashing his sorrows on your shoulder. "I'm so sorry I left you.."
"Yeah, yeah," you playfully dismissed his apologies. "Just don't do it again. We have so much to do that we never got to. I don't want to say 'I' instead of 'we'."
Sniveling, Rinne found himself chuckling into your clothes. "Kyahaha, you can't survive without me."
"You're right," in a soft whisper, you lowered your head to meet Rinne's. Foreheads pressed together, a smile drew on your lips. "I missed you, dude."
"I missed you too, doofus," sniffling aloud, Rinne laughed off his tears. "I don't know how you plan to cover all the damages.."
"I have someone. Someone you know. He's out there now, defending you. He wants to redeem you," laughing a bit, you pat Rinne on his head. "Your little brother is just like you under the skin."

Misty-eyed, Rinne stepped away from you. He used his forearm to wipe his watery eyes, afterwards heaving a depressed sigh. "Alright, let's go home."
"Home?" You questioned.
"Yeah. Home." He offered you his hand.
You snatched his hand in yours, "Home." You confidently replied.

Truly, even the most damned of souls can be redeemed. Not everyone will forgive you, but if you can forgive yourself, there is hope. There is a future, even when shrouded in mistakes and regret. Don't waste time dwelling on your sin.