❝ Problems - Leo ❞

╭─━━━━━━━─╮

                            ╰─━━━━━━━─╯                        ︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿                                          │ │ │ │

                            ╰─━━━━━━━─╯
                        ︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿
                                          │ │ │ │. ;;
                                          │ │ │ ✧
                                          │ │ ♡
                                          │ ✧
                                         ♡               

                                  ━━━━━━━

How did we get here?

You were fuming. Once again, Leo had left for somewhere else without informing you, let alone answering your concerned texts. Now, he's laughing it off like it's some kind of joke. You had been so scared that he might've died; you cried for hours. Now here he is, laughing like nothing is wrong with that.
"What the fuck?" Your voice was revolted in tone, lingering in the air for several moments as Leo processed your tone.
"What?" He questioned, laughter dying out instantaneously. He adopted a concerned facial expression that made your nose scrunch with rage.
"I thought something horrible happened to you, since you don't stop sleeping outside— no, that's not even what I'm mad about," you paused to gather your words, standing in your office with an enraged expression. "You left without saying anything, knowing you always forget your phone. And you didn't even bother telling me? What the hell makes you think that's fine to do?"
Though he was startled by your tone, Leo seemed to have repent for his actions. He lowered your gaze a bit. "You never consider what I want," he shot back, sensing the anger in your tone. "So I thought you would try to lock me up if I wanted to leave."
"I'm sorry— what? Lock you up? When have I ever done that?" You snapped, face flushed red with rage.
"The Knights do it—!" Leo argued, voice raising as he began to return your anger.
"Oh my fucking god. Am I the Knights?!" You quite literally shrieked that at him.

The composer flinched a bit.

He flinched?

"I— I'm sorry," his voice grew feeble, laced with regret. "I know, I should've thought about you. I just thought you'd, y'know, do what they do." His eyebrows knitted as he put his fist over his quivering lip.
Look what you've done.
Your expression drooped as he realized what you'd done. With watering eyes, you stepped forth, arms outstretched. "Love, I'm not them," you staggered back a bit as Leo slammed into you, hiding his face in your clothes. "I just worry about you. If you're leaving to explore or do what you like, I won't stop you. All I needed was to know where you're going— because I love you."
"I love— sniff love you too," said Leo. "I'm sorry. I didn't want to worry, I just wanted you to be happy—"
You heaved a shaky sigh, eyes beginning to water as you held onto your boyfriend. "I'm happy as is," you reassured him. "The only thing that makes me unhappy is when you disappear."
"I'm sorry.." the ashamed composer whispered.

His voice sounded so heartbroken, you could feel your own soul shatter. As a tear trickled down your complexion, you drew Leo into a tighter embrace. "It's okay," you whispered to him, your cheek atop his head. "Shhh.. it's okay. I'm just happy you're back. Don't worry about it anymore."
"Okay," Leo heaved a deep sigh to relax himself, afterwards pushing back from your chest. "You still love me, right?"
"Yes, of course," your expression softened. "It's gonna take a lot more than this to get me to stop loving you."
"Wha— wahahaha—! I-I knew it!" Cried he, quickly drying his eyes as tears slid down his reddened cheeks. You could see the visible difference between sorrowful tears and relieved tears, which brought a giant smile to your features.
"Alright, c'mere," you cupped his face in your hands, placing a ginger kiss on his lips. "Don't be getting abducted by aliens anymore, got it?" Placing your forehead to his, you gently grinned at him.

"Got it!☆" Leo then perked his head, tackling you into a tight hug. "Ooh, whisper me a love song! I just got a sudden burst of inspiration~!"
"Great! Let's get to writing."
That's right; that is how you get over relationship issues. You both sit down, with you wielding an instrument of your choice, while Leo writes down tablature; idly nodding his head to the rhythm of your playing. Truly, to both of you, there was no better way to resolve problems. When a problem arose—on the rare chance one did—, you would put it past you with a simple song. Through this music, Leo would communicate to you. His troubles, whatever; the music would speak to you.

There was no better way to mend a chipped heart than this. With Leo laying on your lap as you sit upon the floor, his hands dutifully writing upon a sheet of tablature. Though you lacked an instrument, you would hum his works aloud; struggling to keep yourself in tune. The best part is when Leo scolds you for shifting off-key, his eyebrows knitted adorably as his fanged teeth poke out whenever he speaks. Sure, his tendency to leave without warning and not contact you is a giant red flag, but people such as yourself understand that this is how Leo was raised. He doesn't think prior to acting, instead doing as he pleases and suffering repercussions later. For Leo, his way of coping with a life of betrayal is to push others away. And for you, your way of coping with life is to bring him back in. The second you do, you never live to regret it. It's always the most rewarding decision, seeing the composer dutifully writing upon a sheet of paper with a cheeky grin as he rests in your lap is the most sightly of images.

"Hmm hm hmm hmmm~♪"
"Wrong key! Start over!"
"Starting over, Sir Leo!"
"Wahaha! You can do this!"