❝ A Flowery Melody - Leo ❞

•————— ♬ —————•

•————— ♬ —————•

                                               You, as an heir to the throne, are quite decisive. Everything is done in a timely manner, and you keep citizens happy—and at peace—. However, you never wanted to accept such a role. You wish not to be a ruler, but instead a humble, bardic individual.

It seemed as though that wish had come true when you met a knightly person by the name of Leo Tsukinaga. He was wonderful, a sprightly individual that didn't pester you about royal duties. Twas only a matter of time before you had fallen helplessly in love with him.

                                           "Oooh, Name~! Uchu~!"

Startled out of your musing, you perked your head to meet Leo's excited gaze. You snickered, taking a stand from your position beneath a tree. The foliage of green soared to the ground in the wind, a grin crossing your lips.
"Morning, Leo," you beamed at him, gently cradling his hands in yours. "How's it out there today?"
"Mighty fine, wahaha!" Laughed he. "I wanted to greet My Majesty on this lovely morning."
"Haha, yes, hello," you cheerfully chirped. As Leo planted his hands onto his hips, a broad grin on his features, you snickered. "What's with the smugness?"
Leo gasped, jolting backwards in false shock. "You don't know—?!" His tone was laced with playfulness, signifying he was only teasing you.
"Know what?" You leaned forth, eyeing Leo up and down with suspicion.

"There's a flower field in bloom this season," said he. "We should go there together."
"Ooh, we should!" Replying with an exhilarated grin, you eagerly nodded your head.
"Come on, we can sneak away now." He tugged your sleeve, whispering his sentence to you.
"Really?" You whispered back, snickering under your breath. You grasped the knights hand in yours, allowing him to tug you along in his path.

And so, Leo departed from the kingdom with you in tow. The outskirts were rarely visited, apart from bardic wanderers. Kingdom folk had become far too spoiled to even set foot upon the gorgeous lands outside of their kingdom homes. Whether that be thanks to your father or mother, you didn't know. Nor would you like to know. For that matter, you cared not. All you wished to do was bare witness to the worlds glory.

One step into the fields later..

Your eyes widened upon being greeted with a gorgeous pasture, flowers dotting the emerald-colored blades of grass. Each hill provided perfect areas for simply tumbling about, frolicking as though everything was to be alright with the world. Standing at your side, the orange haired knight brushed out his attire, a small smirk on his features.
You peered at him with shimmering eyes, a broad smile lifting your cheekbones. "Leo, this is beautiful! How did you find this?"
"An old friend once showed me to here," he confessed, a snicker following. "I still come here often. I wanted to share that experience with you, My Majesty~."
You felt your face gradually heating up, to which you simply shrugged off. You snatched his rough hands in yours, practically bouncing up and down with excitement.

Leo chortled a laugh, afterwards giving your hands a gentle tug. He hurried upwards, towards the climax of the hill. On such a peak, the flowers that danced to and fro below appeared as nothing more than ant food. The colors of tulips ranged from sunny, yellow hues all the way to bloody, red colorations. Pinks, magentas, and whites also dotted the fields. What a lovely sight to behold. The most beautiful, untouched parts of the world.

With a mischievous chuckle, you tackled Leo. The knight stumbled backwards, lime-green hues wide with surprise. "Woah, wait— My Majesty, we'll fall!"
You persisted, gradually pushing Leo off of the peak. As he grasped your forearms in a fruitless attempt to regain balance, you were tugged forth. You fell forth, tumbling down the grassy hillside in a fit of laughter.
As soon as the tumbling ceased, Leo released you from his arms, where he had caged you prior. You rolled away from him, practically kicking your feet with amusement.
Chuckling laughter, Leo spoke; "Was that fun~?" Teased he.
"Hell yeah!" You threw your limbs into the air, afterwards allowing them to hit the ground nearby.
Leo slipped his hand into yours, laughing aloud. "Have you never been to a place like this before?"
"Nope, but I love it!" You hollered, breeze gently cooling you down from the heated exchange with Leo moments prior.

The knightly boy hauled himself to his feet, hand in yours. You used his aid to lift yourself out of the grass, beaming at him. "Sorry, are there grass stains on your uniform?"
"Not as far as I can tell," responded he as you inspected his knights attire. "You on the other hand.." he snorted, restraining laughter.
"Ah, shit," you cursed, afterwards laughing with him. "Look, flowers~!"
"Yes, flowers!" Leo leapt into the air with bliss, rushing forth like a playful rabbit.
You followed close behind him, eyeing the tulips. "These are so pretty," you gently grazed a yellow tulip's petals with your fingertips. "The petals are so delicate, too."
Leo snickered. "The most beautiful of things seem to be the most fragile," he told you with a bittersweet expression on his features. "Ah, this makes a lovely melody in my head~!" He cooed.
"Hum it for me, please." You requested, seating yourself amidst the flowers.

And so, you'd now be seated amongst swaying growth, listening intently to Leo's ever idea. As he seated himself near to you, he playfully batted a flower; humming a tune of pure grace. His voice, a soothing sound to the human ear, even attracted small birds. The audience of aviary landed so near to you, it felt as though you'd been lulled into a dream. Whatever kind of magic this knight possessed, it felt so wasted to fall upon your ears.

Oh, never mind. The birds that chirped to the sweet symphony could hear it too. Now, it seemed a lot less wasted.