[ M!Reader ] ➜ Chiaki Vs. Haunted House

╰┈➤ The unit of RYUSEITAI decides to go into a haunted house— one famed for its unpredictable scare actors and sudden sounds

         ╰┈➤ The unit of RYUSEITAI decides to go into a haunted house— one famed for its unpredictable scare actors and sudden sounds.. however, Chiaki didn't seem keen on proceeding. After being separated from the rest of the unit, you and him are forced to be terrified with only one another.

                                 ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

      "AAAHHHHH—!"

A sudden shriek sent Chiaki's brown hair standing directly on end like that of a bristled cats' fur. His wide eyes darted around the dark location that lead into the building hosting a haunted house event. Faint shrieks followed by brief laughter could be heard from within the walls of the dark location filled to the ceiling with smoke. Its dim, purple hue of light intimidated the unit of heroes most evidently. As for you, their producer, you were only tagging along to serve as an option for Chiaki if he got too terrified. Somehow, you were similarly afraid of the haunted house. You hadn't even entered the real scare yet, too.

"Aw, man, I'm so excited!" Said Tetora, his smile stretching from ear-to-ear.
Shinobu nodded his head eagerly in agreement. "I'm a little scared, but I heard it's really fun here!" He eagerly added.
While the two smiled at one another, Midori stared at the door of the haunted house with a bland expression. He then turned his head towards Chiaki, grinning and beginning to tease him for his evident terror. "Seriously? What kind of hero is afraid of some fog?"
Chiaki immediately righted himself, wiping off his distorted expression to instead smile halfheartedly. "Ahah, I'm not afraid! Not at all..!" Even as he said this, both you and Midori could see a drop of sweat trailing down Chiaki's cheek. You and Midori exchanged a glance between one another, snickering as you did so.
"If you say so." Midori waved to Kanata, who was returning eagerly with necklaces made of candy corns.

Kanata halted before Midori, excitedly throwing the necklace around his neck. "Look, Midori~!" Sang Kanata.
Midori grabbed at the necklace, peering down at it with subtle confusion. "Uh, cool?" He raised a brow as Kanata roped the others into wearing the candy necklaces.
You happily accepted yours from Kanata, allowing yourself to indulge in it while waiting to enter the attraction itself. Chiaki opted to not even bother consuming the candy yet. You were certain that if he did, he'd end up hurling the moment a scare actor showed themself from the dark. That or he'll pass out. You'd rather neither, but you were certain that this wouldn't be an average experience with Chiaki.

The unit of RYUSEITAI hesitation moved in a group, cautiously striding into the haunted house. The fog covered the floor, the dark atmosphere practically rendering you entirely useless, seeing how you couldn't find Chiaki whatsoever. Screams of terror followed the loud, mechanical sounds of the smoke machine that dispensed fog into the building. The room itself was cold and decorated with cobwebs. Purple and green lighting lined the hallways of the building with dirt from the outdoors peaking out as the flooring. The black tarps used as walls were rattling slightly in the wind outside. Distant howling sound effects filled the room, leaving you slightly unnerved. While discomfort set into your chest as you simply lost the entirety of RYUSEITAI, you began to feel a strange presence.
You advanced further, admiring the carved pumpkin decorations and such while doing so. Before long, Chiaki's familiar silhouette appeared before you. You immediately grabbed his shoulder, excitedly smiling at him.

"GYAAAHHHHH—!"

Chiaki immediately shrieked at the absolute top of his lungs, leaving you staring in utter shock. His panicked breaths were heaved as he whipped around to face you, terror displayed upon his pale face. "P-Producer! You scared me half to death..!"
"I think I just lost some of my hearing," you replied nonchalantly. "I'm sorry, Chiaki. If you're that scared, I'll go first. I'm not scared, so don't be ashamed." You reassured him.
Chiaki nodded meekly, grasping your hand in his. His warm palm sank into yours, allowing you to feel a slight sense of comfort in the unsettling environment. In Chiaki's signal, you proceeded forwards. Several corridors seemed quite suspicious, as though they'd pose the possibility of a scare— yet none did for the first several times. You were pleased with that fact. You'd definitely want to grab a 'no scares, please' sign for Chiaki after exiting the haunted house.

Chiaki, shaking from his knees to his hands, squeezed your hands in his. Both you and him were sweaty and jumping at the slightest sounds of machinery operating. As you navigated through the fog, you found yourself spotting a sharp turn to the right. "We're gonna make a turn, okay?" You said to Chiaki, who nodded in response.
"Got it!" He showed you a feeble smile and a thumbs-up.
Chiaki peered around the location as you advanced forwards. You then proceeded to turn right, heaving a sigh of evident relief. Nothing had really jumped out at you or Chiaki—

Your thought process was far too wishful.

In an instant, you could hear the sounds of a chainsaw revving and powering up from behind you. Chiaki peered over his shoulder immediately, jumping a bit as he did so. Then, he let out a bloodcurdling scream that was followed by a brief smack, beginning to sprint forwards like the building was on fire. Upon being abruptly yanked forwards, you toppled over, taking Chiaki down with you. You immediately embraced him, shrieking hysterically while both scrambled to stand. As soon as you got up, you released Chiaki's hand. Chiaki placed his index fingers before one another as some form of demon-repelling, screaming bloody murder all the while. You found yourself shrieking at the horror of being chased by a clown with dirty, blood stained clothes and a revved chainsaw— which was very obviously fake, but to you and Chiaki, it was the realest thing you two had ever seen.

"SPARE ME..!" Chiaki screamed at the top of his lungs.
"TAKE CHIAKI INSTEAD!" You added in a harsh shriek.
Chiaki squealed louder when he was offered to the evidently demented clown. The scare actor, however, was cackling at the top of their lungs as they chased after you and Chiaki. Before long, you hoisted Chiaki into your arms bridal style and simply pelted out of the building while shrieking so much that your head was beginning to spin. Chiaki, covering his eyes with his hands, was shrieking all the same. "GO, GO, RUNN!!" Chiaki shrieked, causing you to simply drop him on the ground. His screams abruptly cut off while he was plummeting, but immediately resumed as soon as he began scrambling to stand. Adrenaline and terror fueled him to bounce right back up, racing out of the haunted house even after the scare actor had already ceased the pursuit.
"WE'RE SO DEAD! TELL MY MOM I LOVE HER—!" You screamed before barreling out of the haunted house in a mad dash, passing by the rest of RYUSEITAI in the process. Their laughter was hysteric as soon as they saw two grown men desperately running out of a haunted house while screaming like dying cattle and clinging to one another in absolute horror.

As soon as you and Chiaki relaxed, the rest of RYUSEITAI rushed up to join you both. "What happened?" Asked Tetora, laughing all the while.
"That was so funny, you two~" sang Kanata, laughing all the same.
Chiaki shook his head as he rubbed his evidently red cheek. "..I wasn't scared." He murmured.
You stared at him in absolute shock. "What was that smacking sound? Did you hit the scare actor?" You asked him.
"No way," Chiaki replied. "I'd never. They accidentally thwacked me with the prop."
"Oh, so they popped out of the wall and smacked you— please that explains why you were screaming so loud!" You began laughing.
Chiaki laughed awkwardly, still paler than a sheet of blank paper. "I need to sit down for a moment.." he whispered.