[ GN!Reader ] ➜ Reunion Of What Was Once Mine

╰┈➤ After what has gradually become a full year, you finally accept your responsibility— and the guilt of what was left behind

         ╰┈➤ After what has gradually become a full year, you finally accept your responsibility— and the guilt of what was left behind. You finally reunite with Izumi and the Knights, taking a stand on stage beside Izumi and he alone.

BRIEF MENTIONS OF SUICIDE AHEAD!!!
                                 ─── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──

A full year ago, there was a metaphorical war. A war of which sent friends into hiding, some of which never returned. Those who innocently wished to pursue their dreams as idols were stomped and crushed to death by the weighing agony of being forgotten. You, thankfully, were not one of those people. However, one of your dearest friends was. They committed, succumbing to bullying and the pain of 'lacking talent'.

That friend was also a friend of Izumi Sena's. You two were never close, but you considered him to be a wonderful companion of yours, even if he did have his self-centered moments. But your plan did not involve him. And so, you faked your own death and withdrew into hiding. You gathered as much proof as you could of the war's existence. Everything you had collected would prove Eichi Tenshouin to be an unjustifiable criminal and a horrible traitor.

Standing before what has become his empire, you almost felt sorry for him. Eichi has been through a lot. You wish that you could have saved him before he became corrupt, but bygones would just have to be bygones. You were certain that he'd end up hated and behind bars by the end of your reappearance..

"___..?"

The familiar voice of an old friend flooded into your senses. Although you wanted to pretend to despise the sound, it brought tears of happiness to your eyes to hear an old friend. The one that united you and him was long gone, but you never stopped loving him.
You spun around on your heels, clutching the strap of your bag in your hand. All of the proof was contained within that bag. But at that moment, it didn't matter.

There he was. An old friend, his hair still slightly wavy, gray, and short as always. His diamond-blue eyes simply stared at you. His gaze sent daggers through your very soul. Hostility crossed his entire expression, leaving you with a sense of fear and regret washing over you.
"Hello, Sena. No, I'm not dead. Yes, I'm sorry." Your voice cut off before you could begin rambling.
Izumi crossed his arms. "Huh? I don't recognize you." He commented before beginning to walk towards you.
You feared that he genuinely had forgotten about you. You knew the risk and the cost of 'dying', but you didn't expect even Izumi(possibly your favorite person) to have completely brushed your existence away from his memory.

As his face came close to yours, you grabbed his shoulders and stared deep into his eyes. "It really is you." You whispered before dusting off his Knights attire. "Wow. You've barely changed."
Izumi stared at you in utter disgust. "You.. get off of me." He batted you away.
"I missed you, Sena. Really, I did. I-I have proof, I can avenge our friend!"
"Shut up." Izumi placed his hand over your face as he began walking away.