❝ Guarding The Vulnerable - Mayoi ❞

•————— ♬ —————•

•————— ♬ —————•

                                                 Fufufu..

Your eyes shot open upon hearing the worst of witch's laughter, muffled, yet audible. Rolling onto your side upon awakening, your vision began to gradually adjust to the darkness. Straining your vision to see passed the shadows, you managed to spot a figure, quietly watching the sleeping Aira. Heart dropping into your gut, you stared in pure shock. What the hell is that?

The figure moved within the shadows, silently moving to the middle of the room. It simply sat there, staring off at lord-knows-what. You found yourself staring intensely at it, frozen as adrenaline pulsed your veins. It seemed to stay in place after having done whatever to Aira.

Aira?

You turned your head to face him, finding that he was fast asleep. Thoughts racing as fast as your heartbeat, you silently writhed out of the blankets. Thankfully, you were on the bottom bunk; a convenient place to be with where you needed to go. Socked feet reaching the ground, you quietly stood from the bedside.
Instantly, the shadowy figure moved. It's head snapped to look directly at you. You could pick out it's hue coloration from where you stood, being a sapphire blue. It's eyes certainly were pretty.
You waved a hand, afterwards inching towards it. You seated yourself a small distance behind it. "Uh, hey." You whispered. Why the hell you decided to try to make contact? Simple, you wanted to beat the fuck out of it for tampering with Aira while the boy was unconscious.

It flinched, afterwards audibly whimpering. "I—.." the voice sounded familiar..

"I'm so sorry! I'm sorry I woke y—"

You smacked your hands over his mouth, breathing a sigh of relief. It's Mayoi. Just Mayoi.
"Please keep your voice down," you whispered, eyeing the misty eyed idol. "Why were you watching Aira sleep?"
"Watching?" Even Mayoi, the wall-stalker, sounded disgusted by your choice of wording. "I heard he was scared. I-I just wanted to protect him."
"Oh, wow," now you felt like the asshole. Lowering your gaze, you chuckled a tad. "That's actually really sweet of you."
"Sweet, they say..!" Cried Mayoi. "I'm just a horrible, disgusting creature.."
"Mayoi," you shook your head, inching closer to him. "Haven't you slept?"
"No," he confessed as though it was a sin. "I wa—was keeping you all safe."

That's actually cute.

You smiled tenderly at him, taking one of his hands in yours. "Thanks, Mayoi," giving his hand a happy squeeze, you placed your hands atop his. "You're an amazing protector."
"Waahh..! That's the least I can do for you.." he whined.
"Haha," you laughed a bit. "Why don't you go to sleep?"
"I already slept all day today," he heaved a sigh. "I feel bad about leaving the work to you."
"We still got payed for your work, though," you pat his shoulder. "C'mon, you have such a handsome smile, yet we never see it. That's all we want from you."
"A.. A smile?" He echoed before his lips began to draw back.

Mayoi had begun smiling a shark-toothed grin at you, his cheeks dusted pink.

Thrilled to have seen such a thing, although cloaked in darkness, you beamed back at him. "I really like your smile."
"You do?" He perked his head, seemingly unused to such words.
"Yeah," you nodded eagerly. "You should let yourself smile more. I know you want to."
"Hehe, yeah," he softly smiled to himself. "Thank you, Producer. I adore the way you let anyone be comfortable around you."
"Thanks," you grinned happily at him. "I try. Oh, also, I have a gift for you."
"A gift..?"
"I was going to give it to you earlier, but Tatsumi said you were asleep," you then hoisted yourself to your feet, staggering in the dark. Mayoi stood, gently taking your hand in his to guide you forth. As you reached the dining room table, you grabbed a small gift box. "Here~."

"Ah, it's so cute," laughed Mayoi. "Should I open it?"
"Yeah, go ahead." You nodded eagerly.
"Alright," he began to gingerly unwrap the ribbons. Watching the way the silk ribbon neatly fell apart was satisfying, to say the least. Mayoi lifted the gift into his hands, gazing blankly at the necklace. "I.." a single tear pricked his eye.
You chuckled a tad. "Here, let me put it on you."
The gift was a beautiful, silvery necklace. It was quite the expensive gift, being it had a diamond clover-shape. The gem itself shone like the sun, even in darkness. As Mayoi handed you the gift, you quickly unhooked it. You then proceeded to lean forth, hooking it once more after putting it passed Mayoi's neck. As it dangled at his chest, it truly was just as stunning as you'd imagined.
Your gaze lit up. "You're stunning."
Flushing red, the idol shook his head. "This gift is far too perfect for someone like m—"
"Shush," you commanded. "I got it specifically for you. I thought you'd be insecure about it, but I had enough L$ to get it. I thought you'd look really pretty with it. And you do."

"I didn't mean to sound unappreciative," said Mayoi, a soft smile on his features. "I really love it. Thank you, Producer."

"Okay, I'm going back to bed before I pass out," you hugged the male. "Love you, Mayoi."
"I love you too, dear." He squeezed you in return.
You then stepped away from the hug, yawning as you took yourself back to bed.