I need you. (NR)

Fem Reader

Steve has is hand on my stomach holding pressure to my stab wound. Guy with a freakin sword, stabbed me while I was trying to save a handful of hostages. It was just me and Steve on this mission. We were told it was a simple recon mission, well we were told wrong. Natasha is going to freak out.

Me: A sword Steve who the fuck welds a sword now a days! Um also Steve this was just supposed to be recon not a hostage situation.

Steve: Y/N you need to save your strength you have already lost so much blood, so if you could not die that would be great. Romanoff is already going to kill me.

I just nod because that last statement did take a lot out of me. My eyes are getting heavier by the second. I start to close my eyes and then I'm being screamed at and shook awake.

Steve: Y/N WAKE UP!! YOU DO NOT CLOSE YOUR EYE!

Me: I'm not closing my eyes.

Nat: What the hell happened?! Y/N baby I'm here..oh my god is that a stab wound?

Me: Shh Nat it's alright Steve has been taking good care of me.

Nat: You hush! Let's take her to Cho now! I'm being put on a gurney and Nat is straddling me while holding pressure to my wound.

Me: Normally I would love you st-straddl...ing.....me. 

Everything goes black.

Natasha's POV

Me: Y/N Y/N! No!

We get into the medical ward and I'm doing compressions. Cho then takes over the wound, climb off her. Banner comes running in to help Cho but I am standing in the way. He tells me to move but I don't listen to him.

Banner: Natasha you need to move! I need to help her.

Steve grabs me and I first fight him.

Me: No no! I can't leave her she needs me!

Steve: No she needs Banner and Cho they need to work on her if you are in their way she will die.

I go with him and they work on her. I let him hold me until we are out in the hall and then I realize he was suppose to protect her. I push him off me and start yelling.

Me: WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED ROGERS!

Steve: When we got there it wasn't what we thought. There were hostages and I told Y/N to handle the hostages because there was only one threat. We had no way of knowing he had a sword. She told me that the room was clear when she go there. He just came out of no where and stabbed her.

Me: Damn it Steve! She's only been on 3 other missions and 1 of those she had all of us with her!

Steve: She said she had it handled. We need to let her go on her own we can't hold her hand especially if we are all under attack.

Me: That's not what I'm saying Steve she is very good she can put me on my ass now. She's my person Steve I don't want to see her hurt like that.

Steve: I am sorry Nat.

I start feeling tears come to my eyes and I look down so he doesn't see. But he notices and he grabs me and holds me as I cry.

Me: She can't die Steve, I need her.

Hours Later...

Everyone is in the lounge area with me waiting for Banner and Cho to tell us something. I don't like this usually with Cho and Banner they would have her fixed and talking already. What is taking so long was Steve too late getting here. 

Bruce finally comes out I get up and go straight to him.

Bruce: We did all we could for now. She's stable, but Nat she lost a lot of blood. The blade punctured her lung and almost nicked her heart. Cho was able to repair her lung she's recovering now. She's still intubated and hooked to a ventilator.

Me: Can I see her?

Bruce nodded and led me to her. When I see her laying there she looks so vulnerable. I sit next to her bed and grab her hand. She is my everything she has to wake up.

Y/N's POV "Dream"

I'm lying in a pool of my own blood after just being stabbed. I'm trying to catch my breath but its getting harder to breath by the second. Steve will come save me, he knows I'm supposed to be saving the hostages. I also just fired my gun shooting the guy that just stabbed me with a freaking sward. Nat is going to kill me for not completely clearing the area, he was no where to be seen though he came out of no where. Steve is calling from a distance it's almost like its muffled like I'm in a box and he's just outside it. I look around and he is just standing there screaming at me.

Me: Steve...help me...

Steve muffled: Y/N!

Me: Steve...tell Nat I love her.

I close my eyes and see a bright light. I head towards it the pain is getting worse I thought that when you see the bright light the pain would go away. It's not and I feel like something it stuck in my throat and I go to breath but I can't. I'm being forced to when I don't want to. The light comes into focus and I see florescent light and a ceiling. I start to panic as I still feel a tube down my throat I reach up to my mouth and try to pull it out.

Reality

??: I think she's waiting up! She pulling at her tube Bruce do something!

The room is in completely clear and I see Nat and Bruce around me. They are pinning my arms down they machine is forcing me to breath when I don't want to! I'm now thrashing around screaming but it's sounds like I'm being strangled because of the tube.

Bruce: Y/N you have to stop fighting the tube! Natasha hold her!

Nat: Baby please calm down. He's trying to help please you'll open your  wound. You'll rip your stitches.

I shake my head and still thrash around.

Nat: Y/N! He will have to sedate you if you don't calm down! Please!

She has tears in her eyes and I'm scratching at her.

Nat: Please...I need you.

I'm starting to calm down and she smiles.

Bruce: Good Y/N. I am going to take the tube out now don't fight me.

He pulls it out and I feel like gagging but I don't. I breath a sigh of relief finally able to breath when I want to. Nat is looking away from me trying to hide her tears. I grab her hand trying to get her to look at me.

Me: Nat..l-look at me.

She turns to me eyes red rimmed. I reach up to touch her cheek, and she covers my hand with her.

Me: I need you too.