Nothing (NR)

Fem Reader

Y/N's POV

I'm sitting at the dinner table with the candles almost burnt out waiting for my wife. It's our three year anniversary, I have rose peddles scattered and dinner made that's now cold. She has been working a lot lately which I understand but there are nights that she comes home and I ask her if she's hungry but she tells me that she picked up something with Maria.

I am not one to accuse of cheating but there are times when she takes a phone call from her when it's the middle of the night. What
I finally give up after an hour and a half waiting. As I start cleaning up, Nat walks through the door. She sees the spread that I'm cleaning.

"What's this?" She asks and I just look at her in disbelief.

"This was our 3 year anniversary dinner." I say as I walk with the rest of the food. "Oh shit! Y/N I'm so sorry baby! I've just been so busy with work it completely slipped my mind." She apologizes as she comes over to me and hugs me from behind as I start putting the dinner in containers.

I sigh and relax at her arms around my waist having the first sign of contact in weeks. She's been so tired that she hardly even kisses me unless I initiate it.

"I know but it's getting really hard being in this relationship alone Nat." I say as I grab her hands pulling them apart and turn around grabbing her shoulders to move her away from me.

"Y/N, you know I've been under a lot of pressure at work. I'm sorry that my job is more demanding than yours. So sorry if I'm not here to give into your clingy personality." She digs and I say back to her, "Really? You haven't been around the past few weeks to give into my "clingy" personality! When you are here have I bothered you by wanting attention? No because I know you've been working hard! I know you have a more demanding job Nat but I thought you would at least try to remember our anniversary." My voice cracks at that last part not being able to hold in the hurt.

I feel the tears forming so I turn away from her and walk away towards our bedroom. We don't talk for the rest of the night and we just go to bed.

Over the next few days doesn't change and she's hanging out with Maria outside of work now. I asked her if she wanted to go on a date with me but she told me she already had plans.

She's getting ready and she looks amazing. I come up behind her placing my hands on her waist placing kisses on her shoulder. "Y/N stop." She snaps and wiggles free of my grasp walking out of the bathroom to get her shoes one.

"Why can't I should my girlfriend some affection." I ask and she says nothing. "Natasha, what's going on?" I ask and she just says, "Nothing I'm just trying to get ready."

"Nat-" "God Y/N! What!?" She cuts me off yelling.
"Nothing, have fun..." I mutter walking back to our room. I hear a deep sigh but then the door open and close.

After that night, Nat hardly comes home now and she ignores my texts. I decide to have a girls night out with Wanda and Kate. As I'm getting ready Nat comes into the bathroom. "Where are you going?"

"Out with Wanda and Kate." I answer not looking at her. "Were you going to tell me?" She asks and I scoff. "So you can go out without any warning but when I do it it's not alright?" I ask rhetorically as I finish putting my shoes on.

"What's that supposed to mean?" She asks and I roll my eyes. "It just means that you have been going out with Maria so much lately and I've been here at home looking like a fool. So tonight I'm taking time for myself." I say walking out the door.

I've been having a great time out. Had a few drinks and a couple shots. Needless to say I'm drunk, and not thinking about my problems with Nat.

I'm currently dancing with a girl and enjoying the attention I'm getting. She's got her hands all over me and I close my eyes at the feeling so I don't see when I'm being pulled away by my arm till I see it's Natasha pulling me out the door to the car.

"Natasha what are you doing??" I ask and she says nothing as she almost shoves me into the car slamming the door behind me.

As she gets into the driver side she still says nothing. So I sit there arm's crossed glaring out the window. Once we get home I get out of the car stomp up to our apartment. I'm pacing angrily back and forth before she comes up.

"WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT NATASHA!" I yell at her and she yells back, "ME!? You were letting that woman touch you!" I laughed in disbelief and roll my eyes.

"Well at least someone was." I say and she stops in her tracks. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means for months you haven't been here and I know for a while it was because of work but lately you've been going out with Maria not even bothering to invite me. I've been here trying my hardest to get your attention and I'm fed up. I can't do it anymore it hurts too much." I don't realize I'm crying till she comes closer and wipes away the tears.

"I didn't realize I was hurting you. I just didn't know you wanted to go out with me and Maria. You never really cared for Maria." She says holding my face stroking my cheeks.

"I would've gone because you were there....is there anything going on with you and Maria.." I whisper that last part and look anywhere but in her eyes.

"Hey, look at me baby." She says and I look into her eyes. "Nothing is going on with me and Maria. I would never do that to you. We just go out to let off some steam from work. I'm so sorry for neglecting you." She says firmly and pulls me into a kiss. It feels like our first kiss and I melt into her. I can't remember the last time she kissed me like this.

She ends the kiss and looks into my eyes again. "I love you more than anything Y/N." She says and I smile as happy tears fall and I respond. "I love you Nat." I feel like after this moment things will change.