Please Hold Me..(NR)

Fem Reader

Y/N's POV

I'm sitting in my bed with beeping machines around me. I'm playing cards with Wanda because I can't really leave my bed.

Let me fill you in on how I ended up here. I was poisoned on a mission a couple months ago and we have no clue what it was. So everyone has been trying to find a cure and the guy who created it.

Especially Nat she's been gone following leads and I think she's been avoiding me since my condition has gotten worse. Every time my door opens I get excited thinking  it's her coming to lay with me. Speaking of which there's a knock and I sit up straighter.

The door opens up and it's Steve who sticks his head in and I sigh which then causes me to go into a coughing fit. Wanda hands me so water.

"Can I get you guys anything?" He says and I don't answer too sad to talk so Wanda answers, "No, we're good." He nods and .

"Is she even here?" I ask and Wanda is silent meaning Nat is here just not wanting to be near me.

I start putting away my cards and Wanda knows that I'm done so she hands me her cards. I feel my tears rolling down my face. I wipe them away with the back of my hand.
"I miss her, I need her but she doesn't want to see me. I just want her to hold me." I sob out and I start coughing again.

Wanda brings the straw up to my mouth and then a tissue. "Thanks." I whisper and she gets up, "I'll come back later with dinner, are you gonna be okay?"

I nod as I turn the tv on and cough again.

Nat's POV

I'm sitting right outside her door crying. Listen to her cry over me and then coughing I think she's getting worse.

I hear Wanda's footsteps getting closer so I get up and head downstairs to avoid a lecture from her.

I'm looking over to multiple leads that turns out to be cold lead. I can feel the tears forming because she's getting worse from her weekly check up with Bruce. Her lungs are deteriorating and now her kidneys are shutting down.

I'm losing the only person I've let in and she didn't see me as a monster with red in my ledger. She was going to give us babies when she found out that I can't have any of my own.

I hear footsteps approach and I don't have to open my eyes to know it's Wanda. "Can I help you Maximoff?"

"It's good to know you're here." She snaps at me. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"She needs you Nat." She berates me.
"She needs me to find a cure." I snap back

She rolls her eyes, "There's no cure and she's just wants you to be with her. Everyone of us sits with her except for the person she wants most the person that supposedly loves her-"

"I DO LOVE HER!" I yell at her.
"Then go be with her! I can sit with her and play cards or watch tv but it won't make her be happy while she's still here."

I know she's right. But I just sit back down and look through the files again to see if I missed something.

I hear her walk off and I put my face in my hands. I know that I didn't miss anything we have exhausted all these leads. I still sit here till it's late in the night. The compound is quiet, so I pull up the screen that has Y/N vitals hooked to it for Bruce to keep an eye on.

They are stable but her pulse ox has dropped so Bruce upped her oxygen. I decide to head to her room like I usually do when I know she's sleeping.

Opening the door I see she curled up on her side and the tv is still on to her favorite show Friends. I never go inside I usually just watch her from the doorway.

She starts coughing and it makes me cry hearing her suffer. She's awake now I back up a little but not in time for her to not see me.

"Natasha? Is that you?" I hear a crack in her voice. She turns on her lamp. I don't say anything I just stand in the darkness. "Please...Nat...don't leave me." She's crying and I take a deep breath walking into her room.

I still see the tears but she's got a huge smile on her face. Even though I haven't been in this room in months when she's been awake she still greets me with a smile.

I walk slowly to her bed she looks so fragile. She's lost a lot of weight I try to keep my composure and be strong for her until she reaches for my hand. I take it as she says, "Hi baby-" She starts coughing into her tissue and when I grab the water for her she pulls the tissue away and I see blood. She tries to hide it.

"When did that start?" I ask and she looks away but I put my finger and thumb on her chin forcing her to look at me. "Yesterday.." she whispers and I move to get up but she grabs my wrist. "I need to get Bruce."

"No please don't leave me." She says and I look down at her. She's begging me with her eyes. "Please Nat...hold me?" I nod as I crawl into bed with her wrapping my arms around her fragile body.

She lays her head on my chest and wraps her arm around my middle. We both lay there and watch Friends. I feel her body relax as she falls asleep and the machine that's monitoring her heart rate slow down and eventually flat line.

I reach up and turn it off. Tears are spilling from my eyes as I keep holding her it wasn't until early morning when Bruce comes in and sees me still holding her tight. He checks her pulse even though I know she's been gone for hours.

"When?" He asks and I say, "Around 1 am." Steve comes in and has to pick me up to get me away from her. I don't fight him I hold on tight to him as he sits down in the chair in the corner. The love of my life is gone but she's not suffering anymore.