Chapter 16 - Feldcroft

The next day after breakfast, when the Great Hall starts to get empty, Riley ignoring all the whispers makes a beeline towards Slytherin's table where Ominis and Sebastian are. Sebastian looks at her with a coy smile, while Ominis finishes breakfast.

"Hello," She says as she sits down, opposite them.

"Good morning, Riley. Did you have a good night?" Sebastian asks and looks at her briefly, with a bit of a blush spreading across his face.

"Yeah, you?" Riley smiles and the memories from yesterday are replaying in her head. The breakfast at the lake, the thestral ride, the private lounge and the turret, the kisses and feeling him so close. When he grabbed her waist and pulled her close when she could feel his breath, count all the freckles, discover the shade of brown in his eyes, and the sweet moment of their lips touching, slowly and shyly exploring.

"Mhm," Sebastian nods and his leg finds Riley's under the table and he gives her a gentle kick.

"Riley, have you ever travelled by floo powder?" Ominis asks when he finishes eating and Riley shakes her head.

"Not that I remember of," She says and as they start to head towards the headmaster's office, Ominis and Sebastian give Riley a quick crash course on how to use the floo network. 

Nervous, Riley stands in front of the fireplace in an empty office, looking around. This is the first time she's been here, and she was expecting something more majestic from the headmaster's office. 

Sebastian goes first and Riley just stares at the flames, trying to remember everything she's been told. Luckily, all goes according to plan and soon, all three of them are standing near a small village.

It is very obvious both Sebastian and Ominis are feeling a bit nostalgic, while Riley is doing her best to control her nerves. Not only she is in a completely new place, but she will also meet Sebastian's sister and uncle. There is a small piece of her that is happy that Ominis is here as well, it feels less awkward. From what Sebastian was saying, Ominis spends a lot of time here with him and Anne. 

"Sebastian and his uncle do not see eye to eye" Ominis murmurs towards Riley as they are walking towards the house. "It may turn unpleasant" He adds and Riley feels anxiety creeping up on her once again. 

Ominis was right. Solomon and Sebastian really do not see eye to eye and as they argue outside, Ominis leads her inside the house, where Anne is waiting. Riley knows that she is his twin sister, and she can definitely see the resemblance. But she can also see pain. A lot of pain. She seems to be the ghost of that lively and mischievous girl Sebastian described. 

When Anne sees Ominis, she looks thrilled and gives him a big hug, while letting out a small squeak. Riley cannot help it and smiles. Ominis allowing anyone to get close to him is unseen and unheard of. She is feeling a bit out of place, but Anne recognises her straight away. Apparently, Sebastian has written a lot about her, which makes Riley blush. What did he write? 

As Anne sits down, with pain spreading all over her body again, Riley can clearly see why Sebastian is not giving up, why he is researching and trying to find a cure. This cannot be it. This cannot be the rest of her life. 

The moment Sebastian joins them, Riley detects a bit more distance from both, Ominis and Anne when they speak. As she is inconspicuously observing them, she can see the way Anne smiles and looks at Ominis when Sebastian is not paying attention. The way that Ominis talks to Anne is softer and nicer than when he talks to her or Sebastian, or really anyone. Can there be something happening? Anne is looking at Ominis the same way Riley is looking at Sebastian. Even though Ominis is harder to read, Riley has a hunch that the feeling is mutual. Does Sebastian know? Has he noticed? Doesn't seem like it.