Chapter 51 - Reunited

When it hits the evening, Riley and Ominis are both on the small ledge overlooking Godric's Hollow. Riley still does not feel ready to enter the house. It feels like there is an invisible barrier in her mind stopping her. Thankfully, both Ominis and Wemby understand and are not pressuring her. Wemby is making sure their short stay there is pleasant, bringing them all the snacks from the house.

"Shall we let Sebastian know?" Riley asks the dreaded question.

"I guess so," Ominis sighs and Riley cannot conceal a small smile.

"Try not to argue too much," Riley says, but before Ominis can protest or talk back, Riley is walking towards Wemby who is in the garden, tending some plants.

"Yes, miss?" Wemby asks eagerly as Riley approaches her.

"Would you be able to go to Hogwarts again and bring another friend?" Riley asks almost sheepishly.

After explaining to Wemby who to look for and where is she likely to find him, even tasked with contacting Black if absolutely necessary, Riley returns to Ominis.

"I really hoped we can stay angry at him for longer than this," Ominis says when he feels Riley's presence near him again.

"Are you actually angry?" Riley asks, sitting down.

"Of course! He has dragged us into the most ridiculous situations. Remember Scriptorium? Feldcroft catacombs? And all of that because of his stubbornness and lack of common sense!" Ominis says loudly and his voice shakes a bit.

"Yeah, I guess so. But still, I am not angry. I am more upset and disappointed," Riley stares in front of her at the village. 

"Now that is so much worse than anger. No wonder he's been sulking since. We argue a lot, in general, but I guess upset and disappointed is a way to go if you want him to actually re-think his life choices," There is still a trace of anger in Ominis' voice.

"He is under the impression that he thinks before he acts, but he really does not, I can give you that," Riley smiles, thinking of the Relic that ruined it all. He did his research, but did he really think about it? About the consequences? 

"Thought you would stop him and talk some sense into him. Sadly, it went the opposite way," Ominis sighs and Riley scowls.

"You can't be serious. Blaming me for what happened? Again?! I've tried my best, but instead of being nice and comfy in my common room, I had to battle goblins and stupid statues and have Ranrok and Rookwood constantly on my back," Riley raises her voice, still scowling. They've been through this before.

"That is not what I meant," Omninis says defensively and Riley stands up again.

"Then think before you speak and express yourself correctly. You and Sebastian have this in common," Riley turns around and slowly walks away. She needs to control herself. She cannot be snapping like this.

"This was a bad idea. He's not even here and he's already causing trouble," Ominis sighs as Riley is walking away.

"At the moment you are the one causing trouble, cuz," Riley says very loudly as she is walking away.

"Why do both of you have to be in a mood all the time," Ominis sighs and Riley suppresses a smile. There is no point pointing out Omninis is the one in the mood, at least according to Riley.

When Riley reaches the house, she turns around again and starts walking towards Ominis again. It's almost like she is pacing up and down. Unsure why she's feeling so nervous, she stops and takes a deep breath. There is a small pop and Riley turns around. Wemby succeeded in her little mission.