Chapter 22 - The Ball, part I

With the newly found identity, Riley is spending more and more time in the Library, researching anything she can find when it comes to Peverells. Especially Cadmus Peverell. They are mentioned in a few books, but nothing specific. Giving up on Library, Riley moves to Ravenclaw Common Room, as there are some rare books.

With the smallest mention of unlocking her memory, she can sense Sebastian and Ominis are on the same page, but still, Riley has a feeling she may be able to sway Sebastian's opinion on the matter. 

As the days get darker and colder, Riley realizes the Ball is approaching. Not having anything to wear, she starts to panic a bit. She wants something to honour Ravenclaw, but it seems like literally, every single girl is going in blue robes, so she needs to figure out something different. Feeling a bit reckless, Riley is considering putting something with Peverell's emblem on, simply to see Black's expression. Maybe she could hide it somehow. The only problem is, she cannot find a lot of information. The thing that intrigues her the most is the old family tree.

Upon closer look, there is a lot of information missing, but it seems like Camdus Peverell was the ancestor of the Gaunt family. Can she and Ominis be related? There seems to be a lot of lost history from Peverell and Slytherin clans, but Gaunts are descendants of both. But before she can continue her research, and maybe engage the Keepers in the process, she needs to find a dress. Something dashing. Something Ravenclaw. And something Peverell.

Taking deep breaths, Riley walks down the stairs, making sure to look where she's stepping. The last thing she needs is to plummet down the stairs, taking several people with her. She spots him straight away.

Riley's never been happier that she took extra time to curl her hair and make herself look pretty. Sebastian looks more handsome than ever. His hair is nice and sleek and combed back, it makes him look older and like a proper gentleman. His robes are a mixture of green and silver and they fit perfectly. He is by far the best-looking guy around, although she may be a bit biased. She spots Ominis nearby with a Slytherin girl she does not know, but her eyes are only on Sebastian.

When he sees her walking towards him, his face lights up and it reminds her of the sweet look during their first Herbology class. As she is walking towards him, she notices a few people looking her way and whispering, but she is ignoring them.

Sebastian bows his head in greeting and offers his arm to her, and feeling all the jitters and butterflies in her stomach she gives him a smile and locks arms with him. As they are heading towards the Great Hall, there are more and more people around. The moment they enter the Hall, Riley gasps in surprise. It looks absolutely amazing. The emblem of Hogwarts is above the Faculty table and instead of long tables, there are several small ones, suited for different-sized groups. It looks like small fairies are flying around, illuminating the room and small glowing snowflakes are falling from the ceiling, disappearing right before they hit their heads.

"It looks absolutely stunning and gorgeous in here," Riley whispers and looks around, eyes wide open, taking in every single detail.

"Not as stunning and gorgeous as you," Sebastian says, and Riley can feel herself going red again. When Sebastian notices it, he grins at her. Giving him a little nudge as they walk to the table, Riley spots Erin and Everett, already laughing and practising dance spells.

Excited, Riley and Sebastian join them, soon followed by Ominis and Imelda. When Riley gives Imelda the look, she just sighs.

"None of us wanted to go, but Sharp made it clear we have to, so we are the most unenthusiastic friend date you can imagine. And we will uphold that reputation and make sure no one can beat us" Imelda says and everyone at the table laughs. They both look very bored and not excited to be there at all.