Chapter 59 - The final decision

Spending the rest of the day in the Room of Requirement, reading about various curses, Riley has no idea what is happening in the castle. When she feels like enough time has passed, she casts a disillusionment charm on herself and leaves the room and heads towards the Ravenclaw Tower. The castle is quite empty, it must be very late. Sneaking around, she finally reaches the corridor before the massive staircase and stops abruptly. Why is Sebastian standing there? Is he waiting for her? How can she sneak past him? And what does he want?

After a good five minutes of standing there, watching Sebastian pacing up and down, Riley knows she cannot sneak into the Common Room. There is only one way, and it can get her into a lot of trouble. But does she really care? She may be leaving, so what are they gonna do?

As she is heading towards the courtyard, she hopes Everett left one of the school brooms he's using nearby. And unsure how is luck so much on her side, she quickly finds it and mounts it. Flying around the castle until she reaches the Ravenclaw Tower, Riley is enjoying this peacefulness. If only it was like this all the time, without any of those nasty rumours and looks. 

Finally reaching the Common Room, Riley heads straight for the dorm, not using disillusionment anymore. The moment she reaches the room, she notices Erin lying on the bed, reading.

"Finally! Where have you been?" She asks, but there is a lightness in her voice.

"Just around, why?" Riley asks and notices a letter on her bed.

"You are very popular today," Erin asks as Riley opens the letter and sighs.

Dear Riley,

The most peculiar thing has happened. It appears Sebastian has been struck by an epiphany of the most extraordinary kind, and is now going berserk trying to find you. I have never been so exhausted in my whole life as for the past few minutes explaining I had no idea about Anne. It is of utmost annoyance I had to retreat to the Undercroft, hoping he will not pay me a visit here, as his quest to find you is making him go mad. Rumours are he may be camping out near Ravenclaw Common Room, playing the waiting game. Best of luck to you! 

Ominis

"Oh dear, what now," Riley sighs again after reading a letter from Ominis, and when Erin joins her and looks at the letter, Riley hands it to her and Erin starts to laugh.

"He truly is near the Common Room, and he's been asking everyone if they saw you and if you are in the Common Room and asking everyone to tell you to meet him there. Quite annoying. What happened with Anne? Is it Anne Sallow?" Erin asks and Riley nods her head.

"Yes, she is getting better and is returning to Hogwarts next year, and I may have something to do with it," Riley sighs and Erin looks at her quizzically.

"What have you done this time?" She laughs and Riley explains the whole story with Rookwood, leaving Erin staring at her with her mouth wide open.

"You're joking! That bastard!" She says and Riley nods again, hoping Erin can keep a secret. 

"Sadly, that's what happened. But Anne seems to be excited to come back. How is she? I only met her a few times," Riley looks at Erin, and Erin pauses for a while. 

"She's not the nicest person. Out of those three, she was always the wicked one," Erin says carefully and it takes Riley by surprise. Sebastian mentioned Anne was a bit mischievous, but what Erin is saying does not sound that good.

"Really?" Riley asks and Erin nods. 

"But then again, that's just me and a few others thinking that. And to be fair, I was ignoring all three of them for four years, so what do I know? Also, how did you get past Sebastian?" Erin asks but Riley notices the slight change of topic.