12

CHAPTER TWELVE

************

Rose's POV

************

Everywhere was hot. Like I was feeling hot. I squeezed my eyebrows and tossed around on the bed. I was feeling really hot. Like hot.

I turned around to the side of the bed. Then finally, I laid on my back, forcing my eyes open. I looked through the window and saw that it was midnight already. I brought my gaze away from the window and stared blankly at the ceiling.

Beads of sweat dripped down my forehead. I inhaled and exhaled. Repeated it again.

My core was getting wet. Why?

Oh no! Not now. It has not bothered me for the past days now.

I guess I am not free from it. Raising my right-hand, gently making sure it doesn't come in contact with my skin, I reached out for the jar of water beside me. I swallowed lightly and sat up gently.

I poured the water into a cup and gulped it down within seconds. I licked my lips. I stared down at my body. I was breathing heavily. So heavily.

It has started. As I was about to bring my hand down, it touched my bare laps. I rocked back and moaned.

My pain. My problem.

My uncontrollable s*x drive.

I tried every drugs, medications even cleansing but none helped. To the extent I went broke.

My body was jittery. I needed a man. A man that can satisfy this burning feeling. Even playing with myself won't sooth me.

I have been facing it since I was in high school. Till today I still was not sure who injected me with it but I was suspicious of Hadley. She was the only one who seemed to hate me though.

My nightgown already gotten soaked because of sweating. I kept breathing heavily. I need a man desperately. I am desperate.

It is painful. Feels like several pins  being pushed into your skin at once.

I exhaled loudly and blew air to my skin and this made the hairs on my skin stand on their ends and goosebumps crept on my skin.

I needed a man urgently. I gently placed one of my legs on the floor and the cold floor made it freeze. I winced. I brought the other one down also and stood up gently without my hands touching me.

I staggered my way to the bathroom. Pushed the door open and went in. I went straight to the shower and turned it on.

I shuddered as soon as the cold water came in contact with my skin. I did not pull off my night gown. I let it get soaked.

I was freezing and at the same time feeling got. I did not move; only closed my eyes.

Tears rolled out of my eyes unknowingly. I did all my best in getting rid of it. But could not.

This led me to losing my mate. I did not have anyone to talk to or even confide in.

You must be wondering if I was a wolf. Well, I am wolfless. I was diagnosed and it was found out that either one of my parents was a human or rather I was just wolfless. Or I did not have the wolf genes but I smelled, like I had a scent. That was the reason I was accepted as part of the pack.

After a while of staying under the shower and I felt okay. Not really okay but I was, at least. I stepped out of the shower and shivered.

I was feeling cold. I brought my arms and wrapped around my body and jogged out of the bathroom. I hurriedly pulled off my clothes and brought out a towel from my wardrobe. I wrapped round me.

I pulled out my drawers in search of an ointment. I need to rub it on my body. It was given to me by an herbal expert. I used it. It did not change but she assured me that even though it was not curable, it will be kept at bay.

I stood up and took slow strides towards the window. I stared at sky with faint light from the stars. It was darker this night. Even the moon was dim. I heaved a sigh.

I could hear the chirping of crickets and squeaking of shrews from my room. I threw my head back and stretched out my bones before walking to the bed.

I stared at it for a while then laid on it. 

Hope sleep comes…

**NEXT MORNING**

"Good morning, Rose." I heard. It was a tiny little voice that could have gone unheard if not for my sense of gripping things quick.

I shook my head and rolled over on the bed.

"Rose." It said faintly again. I squeezed my eyes shot. I sat up gently and looked around for the person who woke me up. I saw no one. Apparently no one is in my room. So why can I hear voice?

I stood up gently and walked around to see if the person was maybe hiding. Searched all through but didn't see anyone. I smirked and tiptoed to the bathroom, I gently opened the door making sure not to make in hopes of catching whosoever had woken me up. I opened the door and was about to scream at the person but found no one. I stood with confusion written all over my face.

I must have been hearing wrong things since my mate left me. Just frustrated, I guess.

I sighed and walked tiredly to my bed.

Knock! Knock!

"Come in." I muttered. The door creaked open and Maria came in with a basket in her hands.

My eyes ran from her toe to her head as she stood.

"Wait, don't tell me you brought breakfast for me?" I asked.

"Yes, Luna made sure I brought it." She said and dropped it on a table.

"Ciara told you to bring it for me?" I asked as I opened it.

"She is your Luna. Don't call her by her name." Maria said sternly. I shrugged it off.

I have been thinking of how not to get out of the room and thankfully Ciara just helped me.

I smiled at Maria and whispered 'a thank you'.

"You are welcome. I will take my leave." She said and smiled a little.

"I won't see you off." I said and she opened the door to exit my room.

I stared at the plates of food placed next to me. 

"Teeth first." I smiled and walked to the bathroom.