21

CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

************

Rose's POV

************

Brown eyes, black hair that was packed into a rough bun. Those were the facial qualities of the lady that stood before me.

Could he have replaced me already?

So quick!

I gulped and tried to calm my trembling hands.

"How may I help you?" She asked. I shook my head and smiled.

"Is Leo in?" I asked softly.

"No and please what would you like to see him for. You can relay your messages to me and I will tell him." She said and yawned a bit.

"No. That's not really necessary. I will just come back some other day." I said and was about to turn when a car drove straight in front of us. 

The car's engine switched off and made a sound. The door opened and he stood there with a brown jacket and a black pair of leather trousers with some boots to match.

He jammed the door close and carried what seems like bag. He was going through his phone then he finally looked up from his phone.

His black shade of eyes staring deep at my amber ones. I was starting to shake in anxiety.

"Oh, brother. You are back." The lady said as she walked out of the apartment and went to collect what he was holding.

What?!

Brother?!

So she is his sister.

Stupid me.

***********

Leo's POV

***********

What was she doing here?

I stared at her with eyes wide open.

"How did she get here anyways?

I cut the eye contact with her and looked at my sister.

" And yes, by the way. She said she wanted to see you." Leticia said.

I could not talk. Not like I knew the words to say.

I swallowed lightly.

"Don't you think it is too early to visit someone?" I asked as I walked towards my apartment.

"Really sorry about that. I…" She trailed off softly.

I pushed the door open and went in. Leticia followed while she stood outside. I turned and urged her in.

"So why are you here?" I asked gruffly without giving her the chance to sit down.

"Leo, I know that our relationship is complicated but I have a very tangible explanation for it." She said with pleading eyes.

Leticia stood beside the couch not getting a thing of what was happening.

"I know that I should have waited for you but the situation at hand was really risky. And besides I thought you won't want me. Maybe you found someone that you loved. Not like I did not want to wait. Who would not want to wait for their…"

"You never wanted to wait." I cut her off before she could utter another word.

My sister is here. I can't let her keep rambling on things. It took so much efforts to convince her that I was not growling like an animal.

"You know what? I will give you a call and we will talk. Okay?" I said and held her hands. The moment I did touched her, sparks shot up through my body making jerk back and stare at her widely.

"What was that?" Leticia asked.

I looked at her, did not know the reply to give her.

"You see, when I was coming to Florida. I got into a cab and the driver pointed a gun at me and collected my bag." My mate said quietly and nervously.

"So you don't have a place to stay?" I asked her.

"Yeah." She replied.

"It's okay, you can stay here. At least, I have someone I can talk to." Leticia said and she earned a murderous look from me.  She clamped her shut and scurried out.

"You can stay here for the meanwhile." I said.

************

Rose's POV

************

I turned around as soon as he said I could stay.

"What?" I asked, not believing my ears.

"Since you have nowhere to stay. Won't I be so heartless to let you go?" He said though he was a little hesitant.

"T-Thank you." I said and forced a smile.

"There are three rooms here luckily. You can go in and change." He said.

"Hmm, I don't have any clothes with me." I said. He looked up at me.

"Ask Leticia to see if any of her clothes could fit you." He said and I nodded.

"If you need anything, just tell Leticia." He said and walked inside. I guess he was going to his room. I sighed and looked around.

His house was just like a bachelor house. Beautiful painting that was hung on the wall. That caught my attention. I walked towards it and studied it well. I saw a little caption down.

"Leo S.." I read. I narrowed my eyes on it not getting it.

"My brother was the one that drew it if you were wondering." I heard Leticia's voice say. I whirled around immediately.

"He can draw?" I asked.

"Yeah." She replied simply.

"Hey, Leo told me that you have no clothes to change with and I guess mine can't fit you." She said. Leo came out and saw us talking. He passed by her and went into the kitchen. He came out with a glass of wine in his hands.

"You have a medium size boobs from what I see while I have just tiny oranges." She said. Leo spat the wine that was in his mouth suddenly and turned towards his sister. He looked at me and I suddenly became self-conscious. He took his face away and cleared his throat.

"Leo, maybe she should do with your clothes for now then later we will do some shopping." Leticia suggested. I looked up immediately. I was nervous.

"And yes, what's your name by the way?" She asked.

"Rose." I simply said.

"Rose." Leo muttered.

"Come get some clothes for her tho it would be bigger than her." He said.

"At least it is better than mine being too tight for her." Leticia said.

"Rose, follow him. I want to prepare breakfast." She said and before I could say anything, she entered the kitchen. I pursed my lips and waited for Leo to move. He looked at me and walked away. I jogged over to him quickly.