18

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN

***********

Leo's POV

***********

I went out of my room and walked to the sitting room.

Leticia was already done with the cooking. I went to sit on the chair. She smiled and served me.

I started eating and she also took a seat. She also started eating.

"I will be going out today to see a friend." I announced as I cleaned my mouth with a tissue and stood up.

"Okay. When will you be back?" She asked.

"I will let you know." I said and picked my car key.

"Bye." I waved at her.

"Bye." She replied and with that I pushed the door open and left.

I opened the door of the car and went in. I ignited the engine and soon zoomed off.

I turned on the music player. And started shaking my head to the beat.

********

I drove straight into the garage. I got out and walked towards the pack house.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

I hit the door.

"Coming." The voice said and I could hear some footsteps walking towards the door. The person opened the door. I turned towards her and she smiled.

"Come in." She urged me. I nodded and she paved way for me to enter.

I entered and she closed the door.

"Blake." She called out.

"Coming." He shouted. I smiled and shook my head at his behavior.

"You told a guest to visit you and here you are not attending to him." She said.

Obviously, she was his mate.

"I said I am coming." He yelled again. I could not stop the smile that had crossed my face.

"What may I serve you?" She asked politely.

"I'm okay. Thanks." I replied.

"But.."

"Darling, he said he is okay. Any problem?" I heard Blake's voice say. I turned towards the stairs and he stood there clad in a black pair of trousers and a blue top.

He walked down the stairs.

"Hey, man." He greeted and we shook hands.

"Good morning." I greeted.

"Hope you slept well?" He asked.

"Yeah, I did." I replied.

"You told me you needed my help?" I asked after a while of talking about business and all.

"Yeah, about that.." He said scratching the back of his neck nervously.

"What is it about?" I asked.

"You know since my dad and his beta decided to step down from their position, I have been handling everything. Paperwork are stacked up. My companies need attention. I have got a lot on my plate. The problem is that I don't have a beta." He said. I narrowed my eyes on him.

"So I was thinking if you could be my beta?" He asked with an hopeful eyes. I blinked my eyes and looked away.

"So what you are trying to say is that you want me to be your beta?" I asked him. I relaxed back on the chair and stared at him.

"No."

**************

****

Rose

****

I walked towards my house trying to understand what had happened earlier on at the pack house.

I felt like someone was trying to break a barrier in me. I shook my head trying to get rid of the thoughts. Then another suppressing thought crossed my mind.

I was going to visit my mate. I felt like crying but the stupid spell Ciara casted on me is working really quite well.

I pushed my key into the door and it clicked open. I pushed it and went in.

I slumped down on my couch and heaved a sigh. I need to start packing. I stood up sluggishly and walked to my bedroom. Opening my wardrobe, I pulled out my traveling bag. I started taking some clothes and dumping it into the bag.

Packed two pairs of shoes and a three pair of sandals into it and zipped it.

I placed it up and dropped it properly.

I sighed and went to sit on the bed. Thinking if how I will talk to my mate.

Hope he does not reject me. My eyes soon started closing off and I relaxed.

                 <><><><><><><><><><><>

***********

Author's pov

***********

Ciara knocked the door of Damien's office.

"Come in." Damien said. She shoved the door open and entered.

She smiled a little. He looked up from his paperwork.

"Thought you were resting?" He asked.

"I'm fine." She said. "There's nothing to worry about." She walked towards him.

"What did you see?" Damien asked Ciara as soon as she took a seat beside his desk. She looked at him not getting what he meant.

"I mean what did you see in her memories?" He asked.

"Oh, that. I saw several boxes." She said trying to visualise it. This caught Damien's attention and he looked at her.

"Some were opened and some were closed. But then there was this box. It seemed old and rusty. It also seemed to have a barrier around it. There was a spell surrounding it. A lightening spell. From what I know it is one of the hardest spell to cast and break. Laura once told me that it was used to seal someone's fate. Or maybe to hide a vital part of someone." She explained.

"And also there was an inscription on it." She said and she closed her eyes trying to remember it.

"Hey, if you can't remember it. Don't force yourself." Damien said.

Hudson opened the door, barging in. Ciara stopped suddenly, cutting the connection to her memory, Damien faced Hudson.

"Oops, sorry. Never knew you were busy." He apologized.

"It's nothing. Are those documents in your hands for Rose?" Ciara was the first to talk.

"Yeah." Hudson said and went to across Damien. He passed it to her. She collected and went through it. She nodded her head in approval.

"Rose, you can come over now. Your documents are ready." She said through the mind link.

"You know how dangerous that was." Damien asked.

"Damien, do I need to repeat this? I said I am fine." Ciara said out of frustration.

"Hope this helps her." Damien said after a while.