13

CHAPTER THIRTEEN

***********

Leo's POV

***********

I stood up sluggishly from the bed. It was morning already. I picked up my phone and called one of the airport attendants who always helped with getting my tickets and all of that.

"Good morning, Sir." The feminine voice said with enthusiasm.

"Good morning, Miss Claire." I greeted.

"How may I help you, sir?" She asked.

"Plane ticket." I said simply.

"To where sir?" She asked.

"Back home. Florida" I replied.

"From Washington To Florida?" She asked as I heard her type away on maybe a desktop.

"Yeah."

"I will process everything and and send it to you." She said.

"Kindly drop your location, Sir." She said again.

"Okay, I will text it to you." I replied and disconnected the call. Sighing, I threw my phone on the bed and walked to the bathroom.

I did some shaving and brushing with showering, then stepped out of the shower.

I wrapped a towel on my waist and left the bathroom.

Knock! Knock!

Before I could permit the person to come in, she or he already did. I turned back immediately to the person and saw the receptionist standing there with eyes with wide open in realization.

"I-I a-am s-sorry, Sir." She stuttered as she turned back instantly. I only stared at her.

"It's nothing, what do you want?" I asked her as I held the towel close to me waist tightly.

"I wanted to tell you your bills." She said.

"Since you will be leaving today." She continued talking. I scoffed.

"When I am done with everything, I will make my payment." I replied gruffly.

"Okay, sir. Really sorry for the inconvenience I just caused." She apologised and hurriedly exited the room. I sighed and started whistling.

I skimmed through the wardrobe for clothes, Pulled out a blue shirt and a black pair of denim jean. I wore it and rolled up its sleeves and clicked my belt. I smiled satisfactorily at my appearance in the mirror and dusted my shoulders off like a boss, which I was not.

Winking at myself, I sprayed some perfume on myself and wore a wristwatch. I exhaled and walked to the wardrobe. I pulled out my travelling suitcase then folded my clothes and placed them properly inside it.

I zipped it up and placed it on the ground.

My phone vibrated on the bed. I furrowed my eyebrows and went to take it.

I looked at the screen and saw the caller ID. It was her. Ciara. I smiled.

Clicking on the green button, I placed the phone beside my right ear.

"Leo." Her voice rang. I smiled again.

"Hey, babe." I greeted and I heard a someone clearing their throat. That must be Damien.

Time to tease.

"Hey, how are you doing?" She asked.

"I'm good." I replied as I went towards the mirror and packed my stuffs that were there.

"Huh? You are good?" She asked. I narrowed my eyes at her question.

"Yeah, I am. Anything wrong with that?" I asked.

"I thought you said he will be feeling down and he will be aggressive. That he will feel like committing to suicide." She was whispering to Damien but I could hear her.

I smiled, waiting for Damien's reaction.

"Isn't he aggressive?" He asked out of disbelief.

"No, he isn't. In fact, he is good." She said and I could visualise her raising her two fingers, gesticulating.

"Ciara." I called out.

"Oops, sorry about that. Had to clarify something." She said.

"You said you were good, right?" She asked again.

"Yeah, I am." I replied.

"Oh, that's good then. Are you at home?" She asked.

"No, but will be leaving today." I replied.

"That's nice. Just wanted to ask of your well-being. Thought you will be drinking or something but it seems what happened had little or no effect on you." She stated. I smirked.

"I am not the one affected. I think it is my wolf." I replied.

"What do you mean by that?" She asked with uncertainty lacing her tone.

"You can't understand." I said simply.

"Okay then. Give me call when you get home. Don't forget." She said.

"Bye." I replied and disconnected the call.

                   ~•~••~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Ciara dropped the phone and turned towards Damien.

"Do you really believe he is doing good?" Damien asked.

"Yes, I guess. Because he sounded so relaxed." Ciara said giving up.

"That is what I don't understand. I mean like when I kind of lost you. I know how it felt but he, on the first he met his mate. He caught her cheating and did not do anything?" He asked.

"He did not even reject her?" Ciara reasoned.

"Arrange for a way for them to meet." Damien suggested.

"I don't know." Ciara replied and walked over to sit on the couch.

                      •~••~•~•~•~•~••~•~•

**********

Leo's POV

**********

Ding! Ding! Ding!

My door bell rang.

"Come in." I said simply. I turned around on the bed and saw a lady.

"Sir, some documents were delivered and it is for you." She said. Guess the receptionist could not come because of what happened earlier on. I snorted.

"Place it over there." I said pointing towards the table.

She bowed and went to drop it.

"I will take my leave." She said and left.

I stood up and took the the documents. Went through it and saw that my flight was scheduled for 6:30 PM this evening. I smiled.

My phone rang again, I brought it out and picked it.

"Hi, Miss Claire. Already received it." I said almost immediately.

"Okay Sir." She said.

"Thanks." I said quietly and disconnected the call.

**Evening**

I hauled my suitcase down the staircase since the elevator of this hotel had some faults. I got to the the receptionist and made some payment.

"Thank you for your patronization, sir. Hope you enjoyed our service?" She asked.

I smiled and nodded.

"Yeah. Service of walking in on someone." I thought.

I walked out of the hotel and a black Limousine, drove straight before. I put on my sun shades and hopped into it.

"Drive," I ordered.