24

CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

**********

Leo's POV

**********

I honked my car at the gate. Someone ran towards it and opened it. I drove straight to the garage.

"Is the Alpha in?" I asked him.

"Yes, Sir." He replied. I nodded my head and locked the door. I walked to the pack house. As I was about to knock, I heard some voices. I dropped my hands and listened to what they were saying.

"I don't know why you want to make him your Beta?" A feminine voice say.

"You can't understand. The very moment I met at the meeting board. I had this urge to bow down to him. Like, submit to him." A masculine voice say.

It is obvious that Blake and his mate were talking.

"And what do you mean by that?" She asked.

"As you know, my family is from a bloodline of Betas. The Alpha of our pack stepped down because he could not birth a child." Blake explained.

"So how does that affect you?" She asked.

"I don't have this sense of authority as he has." He said and I could visualize him slumping his shoulders in sadness.

"So you want to use him?" She asked.

"Making an Alpha a Beta is weird." She continued.

"The pack don't listen to me as they would for the former Alpha. Yes, I agree. I have a sense of authority and power and I look intimidating but that is not enough. A pack needs an Alpha. The blood that runs through my veins is a Beta's." He said.

I am an Alpha?

Then suddenly I felt the surge of energy flow through my body. I closed my eyes tightly trying to control it but I could not.

***********

Jeff's POV

***********

I opened my eyes sharply.

The motherfvcker wanted to use us all this while.

My stupid human was about to accept his request to be his Beta.

I took over his senses and pushed the door open. Both of them both sprang up in fear.

"Oh, Leo. It's you." He said and I could see him look nervous and his mate tremble.

"So all this while, you only wanted to use me?" I asked.

He stared at me with eyes wide open. I smirked and took a seat like a villain.

"I will lead the pack," I announced.

**************

Leticia's POV

*************

I don't know why my brother was so harsh towards her. I feel like there is something more than what the eyes scenes matter.

"Leticia," Rose called. I looked up from the dough I was mixing. 

"Your brother and I…" She trailed off.

"I understand but no matter what quarrel a couple might have, they should resolve it," I said softly and continued mixing the dough.

"Do you know what a mate is?" She asked and I stopped mixing the dough instantly.

"Mate, what is that?" I asked. 

"You.. don't know?" She asked again. I shook my head negatively.

"How come you don't know?" She asked. I grimaced and shook my head.

"Like one's associate?" I asked.

"No." She said.

"You know what? Don't worry. When your brother returns, we will sort it out. I don't want to be the cause of quarrel between siblings." She said with a little smile.

"Can you please pass me that pan?" I asked politely as I pointed towards the pan that was just two steps away from her. She took it and passed it to me.

"Thanks," I said.

"I thought you said you were going to teach some cooking?" She said and sat on a stool.

"Oh, I forgot, and besides for someone that wants to learn how to cook the person is sitting." I teased. She dropped the apple she was about to eat and rolled her eyes.

She walked over to me.

"So what am I gonna do?" She asked.

"Watch me," I said and continued mixing things.

************

Rose's POV

************

If I said I was not heartbroken with what Leo uttered earlier. I would be lying. He clearly said I was nowhere near his girlfriend.

What am I to him then?

I don't seem to understand his attitude. First, when he saw me, he killed the men and left without a word.

Second, I am here now and he let me stay in his house. Isn't he attracted to me?

Like how could he even be okay?

I was thinking I would be some depressed person but to my utmost disappointment, he was alive and seemed okay. Maybe it is just a facade. Who knows.

"Hey, Ros," Leticia said waving her hands in my face.

"What is it you are thinking about?" She asked. I nodded my head.

"I have been talking for the past twenty-seven minutes, did you hear what I said?" She asked and I could see her squeeze her hands in fake anger.

I smiled nervously. Before she could say anything, I zoomed out of the kitchen.

"You.." She picked the turning stick and started running after me.

"So I have been wasting my saliva all this time." She yelled as she kept chasing after me.

"I am sorry, okay?" I said as I ran past the chairs and entered the kitchen. 

Oops, now there's no way out.

She stopped running and took slow strides towards me, hitting the turning stick repeatedly on bet palm with a mischievous look.

Then suddenly I sniffed in the air. She looked at me weirdly. I sniffed again and saw that the food she was cooking was burning.

"Oh my goodness." I hurriedly ran towards it and turned off the light. She also dropped the stick in her hands. She pushed me away with her side and carried the pot off the cooker.

"Oh my goodness. My food is burnt." She lamented. 

"Sorry about that. If you had not chased after me maybe it would not have burnt." I said slowly. She turned to me with a murderous look. 

"Be careful what you utter, lady. If only you had focused more on what I was saying and not thinking of my brother who won't be eating tonight, maybe, just maybe we would have started eating." She said almost like yelling. I flinched and walked gently towards the entrance of the kitchen.

"My food." She cried out.

"Guess we will just do with bread." She said and walked over to the freezer. She opened it and brought out bread and mayonnaise. 

"Sorry." I apologized.

She looked up at me and smiled.

"Oh, please. Not like you will be eating another food tonight. There are only five loaves of bread here so…" She said and ran out of the kitchen.

"You.." She jammed the door of her room shut.

"You.." I hit her door.

Stupid girl.