32

CHAPTER THIRTY TWO

************

Rose’s POV

************

Stupid.

Stupid wolf.

Stupid Halona.

She pushed me to mark him and left me the moment I needed her to defend me.

“I am not stupid.” She said in a duh tone and rolled her eyes.

“You… if you had not pushed me to mark him, would I have done it?” I asked her as I exited Leo’s room.

“Oh, please. If you did not mark him last night, you would still mark him in the future, so what?” she asked with a scoff.

“And besides Jeff says he loves it.” She added and I uttered a snort as I walked into my room.

She and her prince are charming.

I went straight to the bathroom.

**Some Minutes Later**

I came out of the bathroom, wrapped in a towel and I had my hair covered in a shower cap. I went towards my wardrobe and brought out an orange flora design gown which will probably reach my knee since I have not worn it since the day Leticia and I bought it. I wore my underwear and finally wore the gown. It reached just where I said it would. I zipped it up from the side and went towards the mirror. I pulled off the shower cap and my hair fell freely. I combed it and left. I was not going anywhere so I was not feeling like packing it. I saw it somewhere on the internet that guys like girls with their hair poured down, maybe Leo will like it. I also was not wearing make-up. It's not like I am used to it anyways.

I stepped into my pair of slippers and walked out of the room. As I got to the living room, Leo already got there and was clad in the clothes I had picked for him. A blue shirt and a pair of grey trousers.

“Hey, come over.” He looked up at me and urged me to come towards him. I smiled a little and strode towards him. It was fruit salad. Gosh, this guy is a great cook.

“Eat up.” He said and I took my fork. I started eating.

“I have a lot of meeting to attend today so I might come late.” He informed me and I nodded my head in understanding even though I was wondering I was a bit sad. Then I heard someone chuckle in my head.

“So what now?” I asked her. my annoying wolf of course.

“Jeff just said Leo wanted to say he will miss you,” Halona said with a chuckle. I did not know when I laughed out. Leo looked at me before taking his gaze away from me. He must have known that Halona told me.

“Sorry,” I muttered as I swallowed the rest of the laughter. I continued eating.

Leo sipped some juice and cleaned his mouth with a tissue before placing it in the tray. He was about to carry it when I stopped him by holding his hands.

“I will do it. You can leave it to me so that you won’t be late.” I said with a polite smile.

“Okay, thanks.” He said, he pushed his chair back which made some noise before standing up. He picked his phone and car key.

“Bye,” I said. He nodded and waved his hands without looking back at me. I scowled. He should have at least looked back.

“Take care.” I heard his voice in my head and my lips curled into a contented smile. He just mind-linked at me.

There is progress slowly.

Progress in our relationship.

A lone tear dropped down from my eyes. It was not sadness but happiness. The happiness of being accepted.

**********

Leo’s POV

**********

I did not know why but I felt really bad for leaving her alone at home but what can I do? I’ve got responsibilities too.

I drove straight into the garage.

“Good morning, Alpha.” I heard and waved at them with a little smile.

They all walked off. I went straight to the packhouse. Well, in the packhouse. There is my office, rooms, and all including the kitchen which was just on the last floor. I pushed the door without knocking and I saw my beloved Beta on his mate on the couch. They both stopped whatever they were doing and looked at me. They were looking at the door, like who had dared to barge in on them like that.

“Oh, it’s you, Alpha,” Blake said as he stood up from her while she sat down properly and arranged her dress. It turns out they were only kissing as I could see Martha’s lipstick on his cheeks. I would have fined him for making out on my couch.

“Yeah, it’s me,” I answered with a scoff.

“Ready to go?” I asked as I walked up the stairs.

“Yeah.” He replied, following me.

“Okay,” I said. I pushed the door of the office and we both walked in.

“Don’t you think this packhouse needs an elevator?” I asked him as I pulled out files while he put the curtains up.

“Yeah, I do.” He said and I looked up at him.

“What’s with the gruff replies?” I questioned him with a glare.

“I was busy doing something.” He said with a snort.

“Doing what?” I teased him, pretending not to know what he was doing and he sat down.

“Stop it.” He said out of annoyance and I chuckled.

“You don’t need to be angry. Not like she is leaving you or something.” I said and picked a pen.

“Whatever, what have you got?” he asked as he took a seat opposite to mine.

“We’ve got loads of works. And I wonder if you always work or make out with your mate. Like seriously?” I said and passed him his share of files. He rolled his eyes and collected it from me.

“Concerning the elevators, I will contact my dad’s Beta.” He said and I looked at him, not getting what he meant.

“I mean he was the one that was always in charge of the repair concerning the packhouse.” He clarified. I nodded.

“I will love to meet him,” I said and he nodded his head.

“Okay. I will tell him to come over.” He said. “ and you will also meet my dad.” He added.

I turned my chair around and picked a file that was just right beside him.

“Wait, what is this on your neck?” he asked. He must have seen my mark.

“my mate’s mark,” I replied.

“Wow, congratulations. Man, no wonder I felt like I was now protecting someone new. When are we meeting here?” he asked.

“We? Who are the 'we'?" I asked with arched eyebrows.

“The pack and I,” he answered and rolled his eyes.

“I will tell you, it is kind of complicated. You cannot understand.” I said and he nodded. But I should have known him better.

“We have meetings to attend to, right?” I asked and he nodded his head positively.

“Then let’s get moving.”