33

CHAPTER THIRTY THREE

**********

Leo’s POV

**********

Blake is so stupid and crazy, to be honest. Like why would he do something like that?

Okay, I am so pissed right now.

I am frustrated to the core. I told him that I would announce the fact that I was mated already soon to the pack but my stupid and crazy beta decided to declare it before me.

After going for several meetings, driving in different cars, and coming back to the packhouse to clear things and return to Rose but then I met some of my pack members with weird smiles on their faces. Don’t get me wrong. Every Alpha would want his pack members to be happy but these were weird and disturbing.

*Flashback*

I was amazed at what was going on. Then a little girl walked up to me and said that when was there Luna coming to see them. To say I was shocked is an understatement. Like I was astonished. I mean how could they have known they had a Luna if not for my stupid Beta. I will keep calling him that. I faked a smile and looked at the eagerly waiting pack members I did not know when the next word escaped my mouth.

“Tomorrow.” And they all cheered happily and they *Yayyed*. They drank a few toasts and also offered me some which I gladly took. Not like I had a choice. I looked around searching for my stupid Beta and guess what, he was nowhere to be found. He must have run off when we came back.

“Blake, you are so dead,” I said through the mind link. I heard a chuckle.

“Did you just chuckle?” I asked as I smiled towards a little boy who was tugging at my leg to carry him.

“Let me tell you something, earlier this morning. The pack members came to me and told me that they suddenly felt connected to someone else by bond. I also felt it like I told you earlier on. So, someone suggested, it was just a guess, maybe you had marked someone. And guess what? it is true so… they kind of figured it out themselves. And also, when you went to the kitchen, they saw your neck and your mark so don’t blame entirely on me. You also had a hand in it.” He said. I uttered a snort and blocked him.

“Don’t you want our mate to be the Luna of our pack?” Jeff asked me.

“It is not like that. She is recovering, remember?” I said to him.

“She will soon get healed. Let’s give her the honor she deserves.” He said and I nodded my head.

“Hey guys, you all should go to bed early. I will take my leave.” I announced.

“Bring our Luna.” Someone yelled and the others shook their heads in agreement. I smiled half-heartedly as I visualized the amount of work I would be doing tomorrow.

*End of Flashback*

Like I don’t believe that flimsy excuse Blake told me. I turned right and drove straight into the garage. I switched off the car’s engine and stepped out of the car before locking and cross-checking again.

I looked at my wristwatch and saw that was already 12:38 AM. And I was going to be at the pack by 11:37 AM tomorrow or today. I laughed lightly. Time can be confusing at times. I walked towards my apartment and inserted the key into the keyhole before twisting the doorknob. I pushed the door and went in. I switched on the light because I know Rose must have switched it off before going to bed. I silently walked to my room. Pulling off my clothes, I walked to the bathroom to have a cool bath. I was really tired, and I need a massage badly. Not to add that my supposed masseur is asleep. I turned on the shower and had a quick bath before stepping out in a towel wrapped around my waist. I quickly my pajamas and walked out of the room. I had no shirt on.

I needed to go check on Rose, I gently opened the door of her room so as not to wake her up. She was sleeping so peacefully. I smiled satisfactorily and closed the door back gently.

I went to the living room and switched off the light. Time to go to bed. I stretched out and a willful yawn escaped my mouth.

************

Rose’s POV

************

*NEXT MORNING*

I squeezed my eyebrows. I don’t want to wake up. I want to keep sleeping. No, please don’t open it. I tossed around on the bed drowsily. I finally settled on my back and my eyes went wide open.  “why do you have to open?” I asked my eyes rhetorically.

I slowly sat up and placed my head on the headboard. I could hear birds chirp and a huge breath escaped my nostrils. Time to start a new day, I guess. I stood up from the bed walked out of the room. My sense of smell has heightened. I sniffed in the air and the aroma of a sumptuous meal found its way into my nostrils. I grinned and jogged to the living room. I walked to the kitchen and saw Leo clad in just a see-through singlet and a pair of shorts. Who else if not he would be cooking?

“Good morning.” I greeted him as I walked towards the place rack.

“Good morning.” He replied as he poured what seemed like macaroni into two plates.

“Do you ever sleep?” I asked and took a seat on the stool close to him. He turned to look at me.

“I am a man. So, sleeping will be hard as I have got loads of responsibilities but it is also very essential.” He said as he placed something that looked like a leaf on the macaroni. He is good at this. So enthusiastic.

“Why didn’t you go for a cook job?” I teased him. I saw his lips raise into a smirk before he chuckled. He was so focused on placing the things on the food. He looked at me, I took my gaze away timidly.

“My mom left us at such young age so I had no choice but to learn to take care of basic things like cooking and cleaning.” He explained and I nodded my head.

“And besides when I applied for the job of being an assistant cook, they told me I was too handsome and sexy to be one. They also said that they don’t want their male customers to turn gay overnight all because of me.” He teased and I burst out laughing.

“You look pretty when you smile and laugh.” He said softly and I fiddled with the hem of my top, suddenly nervous while our eyes locked.

Okay, this is going awry and becoming awkward. It was not meant to be a romantic moment but anyways it’s fine. I like the feeling.

“I am done.” He said, breaking eye contact.

Oh…” I trailed off and he passed mine over to me and sat down right in front of me. We soon started eating.