35

CHAPTER THIRTY FIVE

**********

Leo’s POV

**********

My happiness knew no bounds the moment she agreed to come with me to the pack. So right now, I am standing in front of my mirror, placing my tie properly. I dusted off my suit and wore it before bending to buckle my shoes. I stood up with an exhale and smiled at my reflection pleasingly. My pack would very happy to meet their Luna. I sprayed some perfumes and picked my phone and car key. I looked around see if I missed something… I shrugged and stepped out of my room.

I got to the living room and saw that the TV was still on, I took the remote and switched it off. Rose is yet to be out. I breathed out and fell on the couch. I might as well buckle my shoes properly then. No need to be in a hurry.

Beep! My phone’s message alert rang. I looked at it and saw Blake's ID.

“Where are you?” – Blake

I scoffed and dialed his number. He picked it up almost immediately.

“Hello, man.” He hollered.

“Hey.” I replied gruffly.

“Where are you? You have not been to the pack house since morning. The pack members are anxious and they are thinking you are not coming.” He rushed the words at once.

“It is just 6.37 PM, Blake.” I said checking the wristwatch.

“We will be on our way soon and will get there in some minutes.” I said.

“okay, okay. We will be expecting you.” He said.

“We?” he already disconnected the call. I snorted and dropper my phone. If it wasn't for him, would I have to go to the extent of bringing my mate to the pack?

My stupid and crazy Beta.

************

Rose's POV

************

I am really nervous right now. Like I am going to face more than 500 people. That is if they are not more than that.

So anxious. We have not even gotten to the car yet and I am already sweating. I breathed out and closed my eyes.

I can do this.

I inhaled and exhaled again. I really need to calm down.

I am clad in just towel. I don't have the guts to wear the clothes at all. Breathing out, I turned towards the hanger and picked my gown that was hung on it. I exhaled again and strode towards the mirror slowly. I pulled off the towel, letting it fall and I wore the gown over my head.

I can do it.

I can do it.

I kept chanting to myself.

I pulled the zipper up and adjusted the gown properly.

I packed my hair and used some pins to hold it in. I smiled nervously as I looked at myself, stewing in anxiety. I stepped into the wedges that Leo had bought for me and I chuckled as I remembered what happened there earlier this noon.

*Flashback*

"Erm...Leo." I called out and he turned towards me.

"What?" He asked as he sat down on the couch. We had just finished eating breakfast.

"I... I don't have a presentable dress to wear." I said and he seemed to think about it.

"Let's go to the boutique and get you some cool dress. Leticia is really naughty, she spent all the money I gave her to get you clothes on herself." He said and I chuckled.

"Go wear some dress. Will change now and we will leave since we will be going to meet the pack this night." He said and I nodded my head.

"Lest I forget, Blake said that the pack is really anxious about your arrival." He said and my heart skipped a beat.

Are they really expecting me that much?!

He smiled lightly and left for his room while I stood, rooted to the spot.

After some seconds I walked to my room and came out dressed a pair of brown sandals and a knee length yellow gown. He also came put in a pair of joggers and designer top.

"Let's go." He urged me and I walked ahead of him.

We both walked towards the car and he as a gentleman opened the door for me gracefully. I smiled and entered. He jogged and got into the car. He ignited the car engine and soon zoomed off.

*Few Minutes Later*

He drove straight into the parking lounge. We both got down and headed towards the glassy door. He pushed the door open for me and I went in with a smile of gratitude. I was so lost looking around when I suddenly  felt jolts of electricity run through my hand. I flinched and jumped back in panic. I looked at Leo who was just standing close to me and giving me the what-is wrong-look.

I shook my head negatively. Gosh, I need to get used to the sparks.

"Are you sure you are fine?" He asked worriedly.

"No... Just that..." I trailed off.

"The way I held your hands?" He asked.

Ohh, so he actually held my hands. I smiled and he stretched out his hands again. I took it and we had our hands intertwined.

We walked through several rolls of dresses and picked some gowns. We also went to the shoes section and got few pair of shoes too.

While we were at it, a guy walked up to me, smiling charmingly at me. I pretended not to see him and continued going through the clothes. I stylishly looked around for Leo but he was no where close to me. I sighed and looked back at what I was picking.

"Hi." He greeted.

"Hi." I muttered in reply with indifference as I deliberately skimmed through the dressed.

"I am Andrew by name." He said. If it were a sensible person, he would have seen that I was not interested in whatever he was about to say but no, let him speak the gibberish and leave me the hell alone.

"Rose." I said hesitant, still had my eyes on the gowns before me.

"Wow, Rose. What a beautiful name." He said with that fake, stupid smile.

"So... Can we be friends? You look too pretty to be alone." He said as he eyed me. I looked at him this time.

"Sure, we can." I said even though we could never be one. Not in this lifetime.

"So, can I have your contact?" He asked as he stretched out his phone towards me.

"She already given someone else her contact." I heard a masculine voice say behind me. A lips curved into a knowing smile and at that moment I knew it was him. I blushed at the statement and turned around. I saw him with some clothes in his hands while he stared at Andrew menacingly. He walked towards us and pulled me closer to him.

Then he did something even more surprising, he slammed his lips on mine and I gasped. He used this opportunity to slip his tongue in and he raised an eyebrow at Andrew who stood there, gobsmacked. He blinked his eyes and shook his head before walking. Guess he did not expect this to turn out like this.

I pulled away from Leo without letting my gaze close to him. He chuckled and walker ahead of me. Guess he is giving me my privacy to be shy and blush. Then suddenly he stopped making me bump into his large back. I jerked back.

He raised my chin up to look at him in the eye.

"Blushing?" He asked with a smirk. I forced my chin out of his hands and snorted.

"Let's go." He said and grabbed my hands.

That kiss was perfect

Even though it was brief.

*End of Flashback*