15

CHAPTER FIFTEEN

***********

Leo's POV

***********

The car is  right in front of my apartment. I paid him and stepped out with my suitcase in my hands.

I looked around and saw someone come out from Ciara's former house. I smiled and walked inside. Pushing the door open, I dropped my suitcase on the floor beside the couch and collapsed on the chair.

I pulled at my tie recklessly and unbutton my shirt. I inhaled and exhaled.

Grr! Grrrr!

My phone rang and I forced the phone out of my pocket and saw who the caller was. My troublesome sister. I sighed and hit the green button.

"I just checked your location now and it shows you are already in Florida." She said almost immediately.

I shook my head and said, "Yeah, just got back."

"Will come see soon." She said and hung up.

I threw my phone to God knows where and bent slightly. I pulled off my shoes and socks. I placed the socks into my shoes and struggled to get up. I took the shoes in my hands and was about to go when I remembered that my suitcase was still lying on the floor, I turned back tiredly and went to carry it. I dragged it with the shoes in my hands and then saw my phone lying just in front of the lampstand, I sighed and bent down to pick it. I looked at it to see if it was broken and thank goodness it wasn't. I dragged my legs and went to my room.

Dropping the shoes on the racks and pulling out the socks and flinging them into the clothes basket. I finally pulled off my shirt completely and threw it away on the bed. But it did not stay on the bed instead it fell on the floor. I uttered a snort and slumped on bed. I rolled over on my back and gazed at the ceiling.

With time, my eyes started closing. I tried keeping it open but failed miserably. Spending a total of four hours and some minutes in the plane without closing my eyes is exhausting.

Just as I was about dozing off, my phone made a sing-song tone snapping me out of my sleep. I sprang up out of frustration and picked my phone angrily only to see a message popping on my screen.

It was Ciara's message.

"Have you gotten home?" She texted. I unlocked it and clicked few letters then I pressed the 'send' button.

"Yeah, just arrived."

"Oh, okay then." She texted back.

"Take care." I texted back and turned my phone off to prevent further disturbance but I guess fate was against me today as my friend who was an Alpha, picked this time to call me.

I scratched my hair, contemplating whether to pick it or ignore it. After a while, the phone stopped ringing and I hurriedly switched off my phone.

I threw my body back on the bed and soon dozed off.

********************

I found myself in a very deserted street and stood there.

"What am I doing here?" I thought as I turned on heels to see what this place was. I looked down at my toes and tried moving them. They moved. I walked down the street looking around for any living thing but there was none.

"Anyone here?" I shouted and I could hear my voice echo throughout the place. No reply.

"Anyone here?" I yelled again.

Then suddenly I heard gnashing of teeth. I whirled around and came face to face with a wolf-like animal who had saliva dripping down its mouth.

I swallowed hard and beads of sweats started dripping down my face. I dabbed them off with back of my palm.

The animal started taking slow strides towards me. I stared at him as he took the steps. He took a step forward, I took a step backward. Forward again, backward again. I tried morphing into my wolf but the change did not happen.

I closed my eyes again and opened it. I saw my body has not change it's form.

"You fvcking wolf, damn it." I yelled.

Then I picked on my heels and darted into a run. The wolf soon started chasing after me.

"Help!" I yelled out as I was running. My clothes already gotten soaked in sweats.

"Help!" I yelled again.

I was running in a way that I have never ran before. Each and every step the wolf takes shook the ground to its cores.

I was still yelling out for help that I didn't see see a stone just right before me. In a blink of an eye and without thinking, I stumbled upon the stone and fell flat on the floor.

"Ouch!" I winced out. Then I remembered that I was being chased by a bloodlust wolf. I scrambled and turned around, still on the floor. Fear crossed my face.

The wolf screeched to an halt and in the process of doing that, some stones had moved and breeze blew. I shaded my face away.

I felt some liquid drop on my arms, I gulped dryly and brought my hands down slowly and saw the wolf standing right in front of me with fangs elongated and tongue salivating.

I looked straight into his dark brown eyes and then the realisation hit me.

He was me. I was being chased by myself. He was me and I am him.

He was my wolf. My wolf.

He opened his mouth. Then everything went blank.

**************

I jerked up immediately breathing heavily. I was also sweating profusely. I touched my chest trying to regulate my breath.

I finally did. I stood up and staggered my way to the table. I carried the jug and drank water from it.

Some poured on my body. I dropped it and walked tiredly towards the bathroom.

I stared at myself in it and saw just how tired I looked.

I went into the shower and stood under it. The water was so relaxing and soothing in its own ways.

I exhaled and closed my eyes.

"What kind of dream is that?"