39

***********

Leo's POV

***********

"Leo," Rose called out as she entered the room.

"Huh?" I answered and watched her walk towards me. I was sitting on the couch.

"Don't you think that Austin of a man is quite weird?" She said and sat down comfortably in between my lips. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Why do you say so?" I asked her as I twirled her hair with my index finger.

"I don't know but I felt like... you know, really self-conscious around him, and not to add the way he looks at me makes me have goosebumps." She said.

"Really?" I asked her.

Why would he give her such a reaction by the way?

"Have you met him somewhere before?" I asked her.

"No, not really. Not like I can remember." She said.

"Okay then. Will keep an eye on him." I said to her and she nodded her head.

"What about we go for a run?" I asked her after a while. She sat up and faced me with a smile on her lips.

"Sure." She agreed with excitement. We stood up and exited the packhouse. As we walked through the pack land, the pack members kept greeting and waving at us. A child ran towards us with a grin on her face.

"Hey, Carly... You don't run from your mother like that." We heard a woman yell. I chuckled and crouched down to the girl's level before lifting her. She giggled. Rose smiled at her behavior.

"Good afternoon, Alpha and Luna." She greeted with a bow. We both nodded our heads.

"Sorry about her misbehavior. She can be childish at times." She said and I could sense fear in her voice. She is scared of me but her daughter isn't. Well, the little girl is childish.

"May I know your name?" Rose asked the little girl.

"I am Anna by name." The girl replied with a smile showing her yet-to-be a complete set of teeth.

"See you around, Anna," I said as I handed her over to her mother. We watched them walk away.

"Still in for the run?" I asked Rose who had her eyes attached to the child's retreating figure.

"If you want a child, we could have a quickie." I teased her with a wink. She looked at me and a blush crept on her cheeks.

"You are crazy." She said.

"Crazy for you, baby," I said with a smirk. She blushed.

"I said are you still in for the run?" I asked her again. She nodded her head positively and I had my hands intertwined with hers as we proceeded to the woods. She pulled away from me and walked behind the tree.

*************

Rose's POV

*************

Gosh, when did Leo start affecting me like this?

I pulled off my clothes and closed my eyes, envisioning myself in my wolf form. My bones soon started cracking and reforming. I stood on all fours. My eyesight was very sharp and even my hearing was enhanced. I heard Leo pulling his clothes also. As I stepped out, I saw his black colored wolf with white dots on it. I noticed this wolfy grin on his face. He used his head to urge me to move forward. I walked towards him and he kinda smelled my rear.

"Let the fun begin." He said in my head and we began the race.

*

*