25

CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

***********

Jeff's POV

***********

"I will lead the pack." I declared.

"What?!" He yelled surprised. I let it a snort.

"You need an Alpha and here I am or… Do you know want to challenge me?" I asked. Knowing fully well that he stood no chance.

Even though I don't practice. I know so much.

"You know nothing about being a Beta not to talk of Alpha, tell me how will you lead the pack?" His mate blabbed. I looked at her and raised an eyebrow.

"You had better watch your tongue, woman." I warned. She flinched and took two steps back.

"And besides, Leo.."

"I am not Leo." I said and flashed my golden eyes.

"You… You…" He stuttered with eyes wide open.

"Yeah, I am his wolf, Jeff and also nice to meet you." I said and stood up. I extended my hands but he was scared to take it.

"So what do you think?" I asked and walked towards the window with hands in my pocket.

"Step down from the Alpha's position and be my Beta." I said.

"I will." He declared. I whirled around immediately.

"You will?" I asked, astonished by what he said. He wants to step down from his position. How weird and impossible.

"The very moment I became the Alpha, the pack do not believe in me. All they wanted was an Alpha. I will not be so selfish towards my pack. I will give them all they need." He said.

I shook my head and looked away.

"Summon them." I ordered.

*********

"Good day, every one." Blake's voice echoed. People were whispering among themselves while some were quiet and unminding.

"I know you all must be surprised about calling you this late but there is no need to worry. No call for alarm." He started out.

"Since the very day, the former Alpha stepped down due to his inability to birth a child and we, the Beta's family took over. I have noticed that the things in the pack have not been going well. I have even overheard some people saying they would challenge me for the Alpha position." He side glanced at me and I looked straight forward with shoulders squared.

"So thankfully, I met a friend and guess what he has the Alpha blood running in his veins. So therefore, I will love to step down for a better person to rule us. What do you think?" He asked as if he was expecting them to oppose what he said.

"Are you sure he has the Alpha's blood running in his veins?" A feminine voice asked.

Blake chuckled.

"You guys would have noticed since you came here, you feel safe and also feel like submitting to me. Well, I am not the one making you do that. He is." He said and pointed towards me. Everyone turned their heads towards me. I scanned through their faces. I could everyone trying their best not to bare their neck in submission. I had a minuscule smirk on which was unnoticed.

I have not even released my Alpha's energy yet. Ridiculous. I cleared my throat.

"So, fellow pack members. I hereby step down as the Alpha of the pack and go back to my normal position which is the Beta's position." He announced with a loud voice.

"Leo Stones hereby becomes your new and ruling Alpha." He yelled. And with that he stepped down. I walked up to the place. I looked at every one's face. Different reactions.

"I go by the name Leonard Stones. The son of the former Alpha of Silver Moon Pack." I announced. Their faces was filled with bewilderment at revelation.

I hardly would not have said that but since I am going to be their Alpha, I have to be truthful.

"If you are his son, how come you are not the Alpha there?" A man asked. I smiled at him. I was expecting it.

"Fate was so unkind to give me this kind of life." Was all I said. Whether they understood what I said or not is definitely none of my business.

"I, Leonard Stones accepts to be the Alpha of Ash Woods Pack. I pledge to protect and secure you all with my life." I shouted with hands on my chest. Then I felt the energy move through me. I was already connected to the pack through the mind link.

I smiled. They all looked at me and soon they bowed.

"Welcome, Alpha." They all greeted.

"Arise." I said with my Alpha's voice and it blew like breeze across the people. They all bared their neck in submission. I could see Blake try his best not to but failed eventually. He smiled satisfactorily with his mate by his side. She does not look satisfied that her mate had stepped down.

"And also, Blake is my Beta." I announced and they all smiled.

"Prepare for a feast tonight." I ordered and they all cheered.

"Thank you so much." Blake said from behind. I turned towards him.

"I actually thought we were gonna fight it out." I said and looked at his mate. Zhe walked towards me and bowed.

"I am really sorry, I should not have spoken to you the way I did." She apologized.

"It's nothing." I replied.

"Let's go enjoy." Blake urged us. And we all smiled.

"Cheers." They shouted. They all looked happy. It was true they needed an Alpha.

I smiled. At least I did something good.

"Alpha." I heard a childish voice call. I looked down to my feet and saw a girl with tiny ponytails. She was smiling. I carried her in my arms. She giggled.

"Alpha, when are we having our first run?" I heard someone asked.

"Now." I said and they all cheered.

****

We all walked towards the field. Some went behind the trees and stripped off their clothes. I also did same to mine.

I morphed into my wolf. Sharp sightedness, enhanced hearing and boldness was all I felt. Each and every step I took forward held dominance. 

I have always shifted but it was Leo that has always been in control.

I have never felt this free in my form. I howled and then my pack howled in acknowledgement. I walked forward and we stood ready for a run.

I barked and started running. The ground shook to its core at each steps we took.

After a while, we all came back to the pack house. Some changed back to their human forms while some did not bother. I walked behind somewhere and changed to my human form. I took the clothes I had kept there earlier on and wore it.

I can't go home this night. I need total rest. I walked into the pack house.

"Your room has been prepared." Blake's mate announced.

I don't know her name.

"And besides, may I know your name?" I asked.

"Martha." She said. I smiled and hurried up the stairs.

I pushed the door of the room open and saw that the room was indeed prepared.

A king-sized bed. Paintings of different kinds. I sighed and walked towards the bed.

I slumped down and soon dozed off. 

I gave Leo back the control.