14

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

*************

Rose's POV

************

"So he said he already gotten home?" I asked Ciara as I sat down on the dark brown cushion chair.

"Yeah." She replied simply.

"So…" I said trailing off for her to continue and pursed my lips.

She heaved a sigh and said, "I know where he stays. I can direct you to the place tho."

"I know you know where he stays but please follow me." I begged her.

"I cannot follow you. Damien won't let me leave." She said with a sad smile. I scoffed loudly and looked away.

"Are you guys the only one that are mates? My mate is on the bridge of rejecting me. I know the Alpha won't want that to happen." I said again, hoping I could convince her.

"Yes, I wouldn't want that to happen to one of my pack members." A masculine voice said. I swallowed hard and hit my head. I cringed my face and turned towards the Alpha. There, he stood clad in his usual formal attire. A suit.

"Good day, Alpha Sir." I greeted while Ciara had a smile plastered on her face. She walked towards him and side hugged him.

He pecked her on her forehead and turned towards me.

"You are trying to coerce my mate and your luna into leaving me and your Alpha?" He warranted.

He will definitely make me look like I am the one at fault now.

"No, no, no… Not really, Alpha." I said, smiling nervously.

I have never had a real conversation with him after I was made a member. It was only Hudson I was close to.

"I was just thinking if she could just like, you know.." I said trailing off.

"Like I know what? Rose?" He asked laying more stress on my name. I squeezed my eyebrows.

"You are my Alpha and I guess you will always want you pack member to be happy?" I asked as I walked towards him.

"Definitely." He said as he sat down on the couch. Ciara went into the kitchen.

"And Ciara is my Luna, right?" I asked.

"Yes." He simply replied and then Ciara came out with a tray in her hands. She bent a little and placed the tray on a stool next to Alpha Damien.

"Thanks." He whispered. "Go on, I can hear you."

My nose twitched in annoyance.

"She will definitely want me to be happy too, right?" I inquired again.

Ciara turned towards me and smiled, "definitely." 

I returned with a little smile of mine.

"Then why don't you want to help me get my mate?" I asked.

"Because we are not in any position to interfere in your life." Alpha Damien spoke up before Ciara could talk. I pouted and scratched the back of my neck nervously.

"Ciara said she knows where he lives." I tried again.

"I said we are not in any position to.."

"I know Alpha, but I am putting you in the position."  I said. He sighed and turned towards Ciara.

"I am so tired right now that I want to rest. Maybe we can talk about it next time, Rose." He said and stood up. He left for his room.

"Why are males so heartless?" I thought aloud.

"I can hear you." I heard Alpha Damien's voice in my head. I jumped up in fear and hit my elbow against the table besides me.

"Ouch." I winced out in pain. Double pain.

"Alpha Damien, you are being unfair." I cried out childishly.

Ciara only smiled at me.

"Stop smiling, please." I begged and rubbed my elbow.

"Rose, you are behaving like a kid." She said.

"You don't want to know the feeling. Did Alpha Damien tell you anything when you were gone? How he behaved and interacted with people and mostly especially us?" I asked. She turned to look at me and with her facial expression, she questioned me.

"Well, I would only tell you if you agree to follow me." I said and looked away.

"Well, I guess you will only tell her if I permit you. I forbid you Rose…" Alpha Damien said through mindlink.

"Wait, what is your surname?" I burst out laughing immediately.

"You want to forbid me and you don't even know my surname." I said aloud and Ciara looked at me as if I had done crazy.

"Ciara, Alpha Damien wants to forbid me from.."

"I forbid you, Rose Adams from saying anything about what happened during the time she was not with me to her." He cut me off and I stopped laughing immediately and frowned.

"Why do you all treat me this way?" I cried out and left without talking to Ciara.

I could see her stare at my retreating body.

                   <~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•>

"Was there any need to forbid her  from saying it?" Ciara asked through the mindlink.

"I don't like remembering it. It is disheartening." Damien replied.

"How do we help her?" She asked again.

"Give her Leo's home address and they will sort it out themselves." He replied simply.

"Do you perhaps know why Leo called her a slut?" She raised a question as she placed some things inside the cupboard next to her. He sighed and rolled his eyes.

"Because she sleeps around." He said with a smug look on his face.

"Yeah, I know she sleeps around but do you know why?" She asked again.

"Nope, I don't know. See, Ciara, I am quite sleepy now. I need to sleep so please let me off this interrogation." He pleaded with her. She shook her head at the voice with which he spoke and blocked the mindlink.

"I just feel like there is some thing more to Rose sleeping around." She said aloud. Maria stepped in and Ciara turned towards her.

"I did not know you're already came back." She said and Maria smiled a little.

"Just came in now." She said.

"Oh, okay. I will leave you to continue then." She smiled and exited the kitchen.

She strode outside and saw Hudson talking to a little girl with smile on his face.

"Hudson." She called out. He turned towards her direction but the smile did not drop.

"Baby girl. Luna calls for me. I have to attend. See you later, okay?" He asked and she nodded her head positively.

"Go play." He urged her and she ran off.

He turned around and walked towards Ciara who seemed to be immersed on what she was doing on her phone.

"Hey." He said.

"You kept me waiting." She complained while he looked at her with furrowed eyebrows.

"Anyways, can you get me the personal file of Rose!" She asked.

"Which Rose is that? Because they are so many Rose's here. " Hudson said.

"Rose Adams."

"Okay, sure. Will bring it to you later in the evening." He said and left.

"Okay."