19

CHAPTER NINETEEN

*************

Rose's POV

************

I squeezed my eyes shut. The sleep was starting to wear off. I sat up and took my phone.

It was 2:30 PM. I sighed and stood up.

"Rose, you can come over now. Your documents are ready." Ciara said through the mind link.

"On my way." I said and cut it off.

I walked over to my bag and hauled it out with my purse in my hand.

I walked to the entrance and saw Ciara and Alpha Damien standing there. I also saw Beta Hudson.

I increased my pace and finally got there.

"Ciara, how are you feeling?" I asked her.

"I'm fine." She replied with an assuring smile.

"Here—" She passed the document to me. "– This is the document. Your flight is three hours from now." She said smiling.

I collected it and went through it.

"Thanks." I said after I was done with checking it.

"And yes, this is his address." She handed a paper over to me.

"It's nothing. Wish you success." She said and patted me on shoulders.

"Thanks, Alpha Damien and Beta Hudson." I said with a little smile.

"You are welcome." They both replied.

Then car drove straight before us. I turned on my heels and saw a black limousine. I turned back to look at Ciara and hugged her.

"Thanks." I said again.

"You are welcome." She said again.

"Always remember to call me for feedback." She said.

"Sure." With that said, I walked to the car and dropped my bag in the booth before entering into the car.

"Drive." I ordered. I waved at them with a bitter smile on my face. Ciara waved back.

The driver started the car engine and drove off.

The scenarios as they drove by the busy roads were attractive. As we got the highway, I unwind the window and let the breeze blow in. I gleamed and relaxed. I closed eyes.

"We have arrived, ma'am." The driver announced. I opened my eyes and looked at him not getting what he meant.

"I said we already arrived." He repeated again.

I nodded and he parked. I hopped out and he helped me bring out my bags. I smiled and turned towards the airport.

"Let's move." I said and hauled my bag with me. Then slowly I felt like something started wearing off from my body.

I shook my head and I suddenly became down. Like I was sad.

                     **************

Ciara went in alongside Damien and Hudson.

"This spell will wear off soon." Ciara thought.

"We did all we could, dear. I mean if it wasn't for the spell, she might have committed suicide out of pain and depression." Damien said and held her hands in her.

"I just can't get what I saw in her memories off." Ciara said.

"Hey, Ciara. This is Rose's battle. Let her fight it. I know that she would win." Hudson said.

"She will feel the pain." Ciara said.

                          *****************

****

Leo

****

"No?" He asked.

"No. I mean like I don't know how to be a Beta and besides I have never done something like it before." I explained.

"You will learn all of this as time goes by, Leo." He said.

I don't know why but the way he was saying that I should be his beta kind of enraged something within me. Like I felt insulted.

"Please think about it. My pack needs you. The reason I had asked you to be my beta is because you carry this sense of authority. And you know you have what is takes. Please." He begged.

Sense of authority? I scoffed.

"I will but I can't assure you." I said.

"Honey, I made lunch." His mate shouted from tye kitchen.

"Let's go before she eats me." He said silently and hurriedly stood up. I smirked and followed him. We sat down in the dining room and served ourselves.

****

Jeff

****

Stupid!

I should be his Beta?.

The Alpha blood runs in me.

What else can I do with this stupid human that the moon goddess has given me?

I tried telling him about me but the stupid fool is just too dumb to understand.

**************

**At Night**

****

Leo

****

My phone vibrated beside me. I looked at it and saw that it was ringing. I picked it and clicked on the green button.

"Hey, bro." Leticia's voice came through.

"Hey." I said.

"Ain't you coming home?" She asked.

"I am not. Maybe in a week time." I said.

"Week?" She asked.

"Yes." I simply said.

"But.."

"Leticia, it is already late. Got to bed early." I said cutting her off.

"Okay." She mumbled and I disconnected the call.

I dropped my phone.

"Sir, the guest room is ready." A lady declared. I turned to her and nodded my head.

I stood up and packed my phone and car key. I pushed the door open and saw that everything was in place. I walked towards the bed tiredly and collapsed on it.

I laid on my back and started dozing off.

****

Rose

****

"Ma'am." I heard a distant voice call. I shrugged and placed my head properly.

"Ma'am." It said tapping me again. I mumbled incoherently and pushed the person's hands off me.

"Ma'am, we are told to get down." The voice said. I opened my eyes immediately and saw that the person was the man that had sat beside. I smiled a little and yawned.

"We already arrived at Florida?" I asked and stretched.

"Yes." He said and joined the others who were also going out. I stood up sleepily and staggered towards the entrance.

I walked down the stairs and saw that it was already night.

I yawned sleepily and walked into the airport to get my bag.

After so many examining and checking. I finally got my bags and went out.

"It will be quite difficult to get a cab by now." I thought aloud.

Then suddenly a car drove before me.

"Ma'am, where are you going to?" He asked.