31

CHAPTER THIRTY ONE

************

Rose’s POV

************

I kept pacing to and fro with my phone jingling in my hands. I wanted to do something with it but I forgot the instance I thought about it. Crazy.

And not to add that I was also waiting for Leo to come. Then I heard a car honk and drove into the garage. I hurried towards the window and pulled the curtain to the side. I smiled knowing full well he was the one. Soon after I heard the door jamming and the sound of locking the door. I heard footsteps coming towards the door. I happily jumped and left the window. I did not wait for him to knock, I twisted the doorknob and pushed it open. Leo stood there with his attention on his phone before he finally looked up. I smiled and paved the way for him to enter. He nodded his head and walked in. as he got to the couch, he slumped down on it without thinking twice and closed his eyes.

“seems you are really tired,” I said as I closed the door and walked towards him. I bent down before him and started unbuckling his shoes. He seemed to notice this, he opened his eyes and looked at me.

“Don’t worry, I will do it myself.” He said tiredly.

“Don’t bother, I will help you. You are very tired.” I said softly and raised his foot a little bit then I pulled the shoe out. I did the same to the door.

“Thanks.” He mumbled.

“I can massage your body for you,” I suggested with a pouty smile.

“Really?” he asked and I nodded

“Okay.’ He said and slowly stood up. As he was about to pick the shoes, I already bent down to pick the shoes. He looked at me and I smiled sheepishly. He shook his head and headed towards his room while I trailed behind him. He pushed the door to his room open and we walked in. I closed the door. He started by pulling off his shirt, revealing his back.

“So sexy,” Halona whispered. I scoffed and looked away. He removed his belt and was left with a pair of trousers that seemed to want to fall but he held it with his hands and fell on the bed.

“There is oil in that drawer,” he said, pointing towards the drawer. I walked towards it and opened it. I saw it and walked back to him on the bed. He laid on his stomach so I just went on my knees with him beneath and between my legs. I opened the bottle and let a few drops on his back before closing it and placing my hands on his back. I rubbed his shoulders giving him a tiny squeeze. He groaned and I smiled. I continued rubbing his back and massaging.

“Touch here.” He pointed to his ribcage.

“Okay,” I said and slowly trailed my palms there and continued rubbing.

“Thank you so much.” That was the last word I heard before he dozed off. He must be exhausted.

***********

Leo’s POV

***********

*Next Morning*

The ray of sunlight seeped through the curtain. I tossed to another side of the bed but I felt like I was sleeping on something or rather someone. I slowly opened my eyes and looked out of the window. The sun was beginning to rise. My mouth went wide into a yawn, I looked around and saw Rose lying with her hair all over her face and one of her legs on mine. I gently carried her legs and put them down slowly. She groaned and turned over. I saw a clearer image of my mark on her neck. My lips curved into a smile, my hands slowly moved towards her neck and caressed my mark. She shuddered slightly and moaned subconsciously. I smirked, liking the way I was affecting her. Then I saw a locket on her neck. I creased my eyebrows. As I was about to touch it and have a proper look at it, she held my hands and the locket with another hand.

“Don’t touch it.” She muttered and released my hands sleepily.

“Why?” I asked her.

“It is what I have left of my real parents.” She muttered drowsily. I nodded my head and slid down from the bed. My trousers dropped on the floor. I looked down and giggled. I must have removed the belt yesterday and forgot to zip it up or even button. I picked it and held it in my hands as I walked towards the bathroom. I stood before the mirror. My hair was disheveled then I noticed something on my neck. It looked like… a mark. My hands moved on their own and they touched my neck. I kind of twitched and shook my head.

Wait, she marked me?

I pushed the door of the bathroom open. “Rose,” I called out as I went ahead to tap her. she grumbled incoherently.

“Rose,” I called again. She slowly opened her eyes and sat up. She placed her head on the headboard as she exhaled.

“Good morning, Leo.” She said with a yawn. I did not even reply to her as what was doing me was urgent.

“You marked me?” I said, more like questioned. Then she looked at me with a dazed expression. She gulped nervously and placed her legs straight.

“Hmm… about that… erm… I did not mean to… I… hmm… I don’t …. Like..” she stuttered that even I could hardly make a word she said.

“Explain,” I instructed her.

“Last night, when I was massaging you, my gums started itching me like they were beginning to ache. I did not what happened but  I found myself bringing my head closer to your bare neck after that I can’t remember what happened  All I saw was blood coming out of your neck before I blacked out.” She said, not looking at me in the eye. She was really scared and I could feel it somehow. Guess this was how the mate bond works.

“Don’t be scared. I am not going to get to hurt you.” I said to her. she nodded carefully.

“Besides, I am your mate so it is nothing. It is just I never… like I was not ready. But anyway, I have to go somewhere very important so I must be quick.” I said and hurriedly went into the bathroom.

I forgot to take the clothes I would be wearing. I should ask Rose.

“Rose,” I yelled out.

“Yes.” She replied.

“Please, help me with some pair of trousers and a shirt,” I said.