16

CHAPTER SIXTEEN

***********

Leo's POV

***********

"What kind of dream is that?" I thought as I pulled off my wet clothes. 

My wolf running after me. And that too in my dream.

I sighed and went through my wardrobe. Bringing out a short and a sleeveless top, I wore them. I picked up my phone and switched it on.

25 messages. 101 missed calls.

From my friend. Alpha Blake.

I called his number. He picked it almost immediately.

"Hello." He spoke up.

"Hello." I answered back.

"I have been calling for the past one hour." He complained.

"I'm sorry. Just came back back from Washington." I said and walked out of room.

"Are you busy?" He asked.

"No, not really." I said as I poured wine into the wine glass. I sipped a little and dropped it.

"I need your help. Come over, let's talk." He said in a pleading tone.

"Okay. I will come over tomorrow." I said.

"Thanks." He replied.

"Bye." I said and disconnected the call.

I carried my wine and went to sit on the couch. I turned on my TV and started watching a show.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

My doorbell rang.

I stood up and went to open the door. Leticia's head popped in. I moved away and she walked.

"Oh my gosh. Look at how you have become." She said,  cupping my face. I dropped her hands and walked back to the couch. I sat down.

"Leo, I know something is wrong. You look like you have not eaten for the past two weeks." She said worriedly.

"You know what? Let me prepare some food for you then you can explain what happened to me." She said and went into the kitchen.

After some minutes, she came out of the kitchen and placed the food before on the table. She smiled and sat down.

"Eat up before it gets cold." She urged me. I looked at her questioningly and started eating. She watched me eat. It was kind of spicy so I couldn't finish it. 

After I was done with it, I cleaned my mouth with a tissue and dumped beside the tray.

She stood up and carried the tray. After a while she came out cleaning her hands with a towel.

"Leo, yesterday when we were talking, you kind of growled." She said gently picking the right choice of words.

"Leticia." I called out.

"I have told you. My throat was dry and I had a blockage." I explained.

"But you.."

"Leticia." I said almost shouting. I was really tired of her questions.

"Maybe we could go see the doctor." She suggested again.

"Leticia, I am fine. Thank you." I said relaxing a bit.

"What of your boyfriend?" I asked her changing the subject.

"He's good. He went out of town." She said and slumped down on the couch.