17

CHAPTER SEVENTEEN

************

Rose's POV

************

"Seems you have forgotten that you are going somewhere." Ciara's voice spoke through the mind link making jerked up from sleep in fear. I looked around for any sort of threat.

"Hey, be careful. It is me." Ciara said again. She must have felt my heartbeat quickened.

"And what do you mean by 'I have somewhere to go'? I asked her.

"Come over and we will talk." She said and cut off the mind link.

I sighed and slumped back on the bed. She scared me.

"Why so early in the morning?" I asked and rumpled my face.

I forced myself up and rubbed my eyes sleepily. I craned my neck and it made some sounds. I stood up and dragged my feet to the bathroom.

I forced myself to put the toothpaste into my toothbrush. I looked at myself and slumped my shoulders. I am so tired right now. I brushed my teeth and went straight into the shower.

I came out of the bathroom wrapped in my white towel. I walked over to my mirror and brought out the ointment. Rubbed my body with it and placed it back.

I went to my wardrobe and pulled out some underwear and a green gown that was knee length.

I wore them and went through my shoe rack. I took a golden pair of wedges. I took a gold purse that was hung just right beside my shoe rack. Went towards my mirror and used some lipstick. I clamped my lips together and placed the lipstick back. I smiled at myself, satisfied.

I looked around to see if I had forgotten to do something. I heaved a sigh of relief and opened the door and stepped out. I locked it and placed the key in my purse.

Then I looked forward and started walking towards the pack house.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

I stood outside, waiting impatiently.

"Come in." Ciara yelled. I shook my head and pushed the door open and went in.

I looked around and found no one in the sitting room.

"I am over here." Ciara signaled to me from the kitchen. I sighed and went into the kitchen.

"Good Morning." I greeted as I sat down on a stool beside the table.

"Good morning." She replied and put some salad into a plate. She passes it to me.

I grabbed it and started eating it. She watched me devour it.

I cleaned my mouth as soon as I was done and drank orange juice.

"Thanks." I said with a little smile.

"You are welcome." She said with a smile.

"You were talking about me going somewhere." I asked as we both walked out of the kitchen and sat down gently on the chair. I rubbed my stomach and belched.

"Sorry about that." I apologised.

"I already prepared a plane ticket that will be taking you Leo's place in Florida." She said and I looked at her instantly.

"When?" I asked.

"Tonight. So that you can arrive early tomorrow." She explained.

"But I am not really yet." I said with worry and fear.

"Is still until he takes another lady to be his wife and mother of his kids that you will be ready?" She asked and scoffed. I shook my head.

"Then the time is now." She said.

"When Hudson arrives, I will send for you and hand over the tickets and passes to you." She said.

"Now go home and pack some things you will need." She said and stood up then she walked towards and engulfed in a sister hug. I smiled and she patted me on my shoulders.

***********

Author's pov

***********

Ciara hugged Rose. She started whispering some things into her ears and Rose tried keeping herself conscious but then whatever Ciara was saying was really affecting her.

She shook her head to get rid of the sleep but failed. Ciara was going through her memory. She walked through several places. She got to a place and saw several boxes. Some were barely closed while some were opened.

Then she looked around and saw a box with a spell surrounding it. It looked like a very old box. She narrowed her eyes to read the inscription on it but could not see it clearly. It has a lightening spell and a lot of protection spells around it. She walked slowly towards it and examining it with her eyes.

"One of the most difficult spell to break is the lightening spell. It is usually used to seal someone's fate or ability." Laura's voice rang in her head. She stood before it and slowly brought her hands to touch it.

This activated the spell formation and the light brightened so high that it almost blinded her. It repeled her and she got thrown out of her memory.

She got pulled away from it and fell backwards on the floor. She coughed out blood. Rose opened her eyes suddenly and saw Ciara lying on the floor.

"Oh my goodness, Ciara." She yelled and hurriedly lifted her up.

"I am okay." Ciara assured her.

"But you vomited blood." Rose said worriedly.

"I am fine. It's nothing much." Ciara said and tried to stand up. Rose helped her up and walked her to the couch.

She ran into the kitchen and brought her a cup of  water. Ciara sipped a little.

"Thanks." Ciara said and Rose placed the cup down.

"What was that?" She thought.

"What happened here?" Damien barged in, growling with his body shaking in anger and in fear. He felt what had happened to Ciara. He ran in an inhumane speed on his way here.

Rose flinched in fear as her hands were trembling in panic.

He looked around and saw blood on the floor. His eyes kept changing colors. Cayden was at peak of snapping Rose's head off. She is obviously the only one that could hurt her.

"Damien." Ciara called out. He trotted to her place and held her.

"What happened?" He asked.

"It's nothing." She replied and pecked him. This made him calm down a bit.

"I just need to rest." She said and Damien helped to their bedroom.

<><><><><><>

"What did you try doing?" He asked her as he stared at her.

"I tried going through her memories." She said and he looked at her with eyes wide open.

"What? Do you know how dangerous that is?" He asked almost angrily.

"It's nothing, Damien. I'm good now." She said and laid down on the bed.