22

CHAPTER TWENTY TWO

***********

Jeff's POV

***********

Why can't I feel her wolf?

She is my mate. I should feel her. Right?

I am so confused right now. Is she wolfless?

But she is not human. Gosh, her scent was so soothing and relaxing. Though I am still angry with her for not waiting for me.

I am also at offence. My stupid human have slept with countless humans so I cannot blame her. More so my human does not know that he needed to look for his mate as soon as he shifted.

But wait, why can't I reach into her mind?

At least I should talk to her.

***********

Leo's POV

***********

I don't know why. But I felt kind of happy when Leticia suggested that Rose should wear my clothes. I pushed the door of my room open and she followed me.

I walked to my wardrobe and started searching for clothes that will look comfortable on her even though it is quite weird for her to wear my clothes.

I brought a dark blue shorts and a round neck yellow top. I passed it over to her and she collected it.

"Thanks." She said with a little smile. I nodded and she exited room. I looked down at the bulge in between my legs.

"Why did I get hard?"

I sighed and went to take a cold shower.

************

Rose's POV

************

I collected the clothes from him and walked back to the sitting room.

"Leticia." I called out. She was busy preparing the meal, she turned around and looked at me.

"I was thinking that which room will I take me bath in?" I asked innocently.

"The first room by the left." She directed. I forced a smile and left to what she was doing.

I pushed the door open. The room seemed nice and well arranged. I sighed and sat down on the bed. I sniffed and cringed my nose.

Gosh, I stink. I stood up hurriedly and ran into the bathroom. My sex drive has not been triggered for some time now. That is good.

I ran a bath and did the usual. I looked around and saw a green towel hung just right over the wall. I stretched my hands and took it.

I wrapped it right round my body and hopped out of the bathroom.

I started whistling as I hurriedly wore my clothes. My hair was wet. I left it like that. There was no lotion or maybe my ointment. 

What if my sex drive activates?

There's no ointment that could help me. I am surely doomed. I let go of the thoughts and walked out.

I saw both the brother and sister seated in the dining room. I walked slowly towards them and pulled out a chair then I sat down.

"You are done already?" Leticia asked and I nodded positively.

"You may serve yourself." She said politely. I smiled a little and served some pasta into a plate, added some salad and started eating.

I was growing nervous.

I took side glances at Leo with every spoon he takes. I watched the way his Adam's apple kept moving up and down any time he swallows some thing. I shook my head of any naughty thoughts. I can't get horny right now. Not in front of him.

I heard someone pushed the chair back and stood up. I looked up and saw Leo cleaning his lips with a tissue.

"I will be in my room." He said and dropped the tissue. He licked his lips and left. I watched how he walked so gracefully. 

Someone cleared her throat. I slowly took my gaze away from Leo and looked at his sister.

"I know my brother is so handsome that taking your eyes off him will but give him some space, okay?" She asked and looked away not getting what she meant.

I continued eating my food.

**Afternoon**

"Brother, we are about it go get new dress for Rose." Leticia announced.

"Okay. I will send you some cash." He said. We pushed the door open and saw him busy with his laptop.

"Oh, okay then." Leticia said.

"Car key?" She asked.

"Over there." He pointed without looking up from his laptop. Leticia went to take and bade him goodbye.

"Get into the car, babe." She said with a little bit of happiness.

"You don't know me, yet you are friendly towards me." I said softly. She looked at me and smiled. She ignited the car engine.

"I don't see any threats from you and besides my brother knows you and I also know that both of you share a very intimate relationship." Leticia said.

"Intimate?" I asked. She looked me and kept one hand on the steering wheel. She said, "After three years, a lady comes searching for my brother and he did not push her out. Shouldn't I be happy for him? He finally found one." She smiled.

Wish that was true. I scoffed.

"So tell me, who are you to him?" She asked.

"I also don't know. Ask him." I said.

"Okay and that is weird. You don't know who you are to him and he lets you stay at his house." She said.

"You know sometimes, relationship can be messy and complicated so I understand." She said.

"Have a boyfriend?" I asked.

"Yes. He's out of town at the moment." She explained.

"Oh, okay." I said dismissing the conversation.

She parked the car right in front of a boutique.

"Yippy, finally going to add to my wardrobe." She clapped her hands happily. I smiled and followed her in.

*

*

We have been going round in circles in this boutique for the past half an hour. And do you know what was even more annoying?

We have only picked six clothes. Each and every dress I picked, Leticia will be like, 'this is not pretty'. I picked another one, she will say, 'it won't look good on you'.

Was she the one we were getting the dresses for?

I am really exhausted right now.

"Leticia." I called out tiredly.

"These dresses will do. Let go back home. Really tired." I said. She looked at me.

After another round of going to get more dresses for 'her'. We left after paying.