27

CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN

**********

Leo's POV

**********

"Hey, bro, when are you coming home?" Leticia asked as soon as I placed the phone beside my right ear.

"Soon." I said.

So I have been in this office since morning and going through paperwork. All thanks to Jeff, I am now an Alpha of a pack.

"You are welcome." The dummy said. I scoffed.

I never knew it was this fun to have a little voice in your head, whispering things to you.

"We have lots of things to discuss." He said and I could feel seriousness in his tone.

"But first, it's evening already. Mate will be worried about us." He said.

"Are you going to accept her?" I asked as I dropped a file.

"We. Are we going to accept her?" He said and uttered a snort.

"Isn't she your mate?" I asked, teasing him.

"She is our mate." He replied.

"You know I am tired of your teasing, now let's go home." He said and I could no longer hear him.

How does he do that?

I packed some files in a drawer close to me and stood up. I stretched out my bones and yawned lazily.

I looked around to see if there was anything I was missing or so. I shook my head and headed towards the door.

Just as I was about to open the door, the door was pushed open that I had to move back a little. I looked at the person who had opened the door.

Blake.

"Good day, Alpha." He greeted as he walked past me to the desk.

"Good day." I replied and turned around.

"Where are you going?" He asked when he saw his I already packed everything back.

"Home. I am going home." I said.

"Oh. But you have a room here." He said and sat down.

"I know but that does not mean I should abandon my house." I explained and checked my wristwatch. It was 5:33 PM already.

"Guy. You know what, see you tomorrow." I said and hurriedly walked out of the office.

I opened the door of the pack house and walked out.

"Good evening, Alpha." I heard people greet me. I waved my hands at them with a little smile stretched on my lips.

I dipped the car key into its hole and pulled the door. I sat down in the driver's seat and exhaled deeply before igniting the car engine.

                       <><><><><><><><>

************

Rose's POV

************

Leo had been out since yesterday. I don't know why. Maybe he is avoiding me. 

Stupid me. I hit my head and snorted.

I was so silly to think he would love me. But at least he has not rejected me yet.

That's quite good news.

Then suddenly I heard the honking of a car. I sat up in sudden anticipation.

That must be him. He has arrived. I dropped the clothes that were in my hands and hurriedly ran out of the room. I got to the living room and stood beside a chair.

Then the I heard footsteps coming towards the door. The door opened revealing no one else other than Leticia. My anticipating eyes fell in disappointment as I slumped my shoulders and fell on the chair.

"Hey, babe." She greeted as she closed the door and walked joyfully over to me.

"Hi." I replied with no tone of enthusiasm.

Stupid her. She went out since morning, leaving me all to myself.

"What happened?" She asked with worry lacing her voice.

"Nothing actually. What have you got?" I asked cheerfully, changing the topic.

"My boyfriend will be coming over today to pick me." She announced as she brought out her phone that has been vibrating in her purse. She smiled when she saw the caller ID and clicked on the green button.

"Hello, honey." She said smiling. So sweet.

"I'm outside. You can come." I heard a masculine voice say. Her boyfriend.

"Okay, on my way." She said and quickly packed some of the things she had brought. She hurried into her room and I saw some clothes hanging out of the bags she was carrying as she walked out.

"I called my brother earlier on and he said he will be coming home soon." She explained packing the things into her bags properly and licked her lips. I furrowed my eyebrows at this action.

"Don't be like that. What if he wants to kiss me?" She said with my eyes and a smile.

"You kiss almost all the time so what?" I asked and looked away.

"Don't worry when my brother gets back, sort everything out with him and you will see how many kisses he will give you." She said and carried the last bags.

"I don't want to keep my boyfriend waiting. See you later." She ran towards the door and opened it. She stopped and looked at me.

"Thank you." She said and before I could ask her what she meant by that. She ran out. I scoffed and relaxed my body on the chair.

I stood up and went into the kitchen. And this reminds me, I cannot cook.

Bad. I need to learn how to cook.

What if Leo wants me to cook one day?

What if he likes his woman to be able to cook all kinds of dishes?

Won't I be embarrassing him with the stupid culinary skills that I do not have?

I hit my forehead. I am thinking too much. My breath became heavy. I inhaled and exhaled deeply but that does not stop my heart from beating faster.

There are no what-ifs. I muttered to myself. I exhaled deeply again and walked towards the freezer. Opening it, I brought out a jar of mayonnaise and took just five slices of toast bread. I went through the spoon basket and picked one.

I placed some mayonnaise on one slice and clamped it together. Before I put it in my mouth, I remembered I needed juice to gulp it down with.

I stood up and went towards the freezer and carried a jug of orange juice out. I took a cup and poured a little into it. I sipped a little and as I was about to take a bit out of my bread.

I heard someone knock. I looked back at the door from the kitchen and dropped my juice. I went to the sitting room.

"Who's there?" I asked.

No reply.