23

CHAPTER TWENTY THREE

************

Rose's POV

************

"So tell me, whose dresses are these?" Leo asked as he went through the bags.

"Hmm, they are for Rose." Leticia said hesitantly.

"Oh, really." Leo asked as he picked a crop top and checked it.

"And is this for her also?" He asked with a raised eyebrow. Leticia yanked the top away from his hands and snorted.

"I told you to get clothes for someone and you got yours?" He asked.

"Hey.. Brother.. Erm… I am your sister… Even though she is your girlfriend. At least don't be partial." She stuttered and squeezed her face.

"Girlfriend?" He asked with a scoff. I looked at him and carried my bags. I passed by the both of them and walked to my room.

I pushed the door open and slumped on my bed.

"Can things get any better?" I thought.

Knock! Knock! Knock!

"Come in." I said and rolled over my back.

"Rose." Leticia called out softly. I slowly sat up and saw her with a sad face.

"I am really sorry. I should not have done what I did." She apologized but then I saw a hint of a mischievous smile on her face. I knew she must be up to something. I tilted my head a little bit and saw a leg outside my room.

Leo must be standing there.

"I am sorry." She repeated again. I smiled at her and stood up.

"It is nothing. And besides, you are his sister." I said and opened my arms. She glimmered and hugged me.

"I don't know why. You just came this morning and I am already attracted to you." She said. I only smiled.

Then I heard Leo walk away.

"How was that?" Leticia grinned.

"Perfect." I said and gestured to her. She smiled.

"I don't know. I am his sister yet he treats like some trash." She muttered. I pursed my lips.

"And yes by the way, erm.. What is the relationship between you two?" She asked. I looked at her.

She does not know?

"Hmm, I…" I definitely don't know what to say.

"Erm, you see. Some things happened between him nd I. I just came here to apologize." I said truthfully.

"Ohhh.." She trailed off.

"My boyfriend is always listener to my plans and also makes sure we end our quarrels. What kind of quarrel is that that he does not even recognize you as his girlfriend?" She asked.

"Wait.." She cut in.

"You cheated on him?" She asked. I swallowed hard and scratched the back of my neck nervously.

"Some thing like that but not it." I said slowly.

"Then what?" She asked softly.

"You can't seem to understand." I said and stood up. I walked towards the window. The sun was about to set. I blinked back the tears.

"I will talk to him, okay?" Leticia said and placed a hand on my shoulder. I sniffed in and turned to look at her.

"Thanks." I said.

"Do you perhaps know how to cook?" She asked. I squeezed my face and shook my head gently.

"No." I said.

"Well, I guess. I will start from there." She said and dragged me out of the room.

I have always watched Maria cook. The only thing I did at the pack house was clean dishes and eat. That's all.

***********

Leo's POV

***********

"Hey, Leo. Where are you off to?" I heard Leticia ask. I picked my car key and turned towards her.

"I have some work which I need to attend to." I said simply and was about to leave when she spoke up again.

"Have you told Rose? I mean she is your girlfriend and she knows nothing about where you are going." She asked. I stopped on my heels and heaved a sigh. I turned towards her. She stood there with Rose. They were holding hands.

"Didn't she just arrived today?

How come they have become so close?

"I will say this and will keep saying it. She is nowhere near my girlfriend." I spat and was about to jerk the door open.

"Wait." She ordered and stepped forward.

"Brother, I know she might have offended you. She might have cheated on you. But I am a lady and I know how it feels. Forgive her, please. I don't know how it feels to be cheated and I don't wanna to ever feel it but please, forgive her." She said with pleading eyes.

"You can't understand this. Don't interfere." I said after I had calmed down a bit.

"I don't understand but she came all the way here for you. To explain herself. Isn't that enough for you to look over her mistake? She even got robbed." She said.

"I never asked her come in the first place." I said and shrugged.

"But.."

"Erm, Leticia. As you can see, he has some work to do. And besides it is getting late already. So that he will arrive there early enough." Rose spoke up first cutting Leticia off.

Leticia removed pulled her hands away from her and marched angrily towards her room. Rose watched her leave. She took side glances at me.

"Can you please stop giving her the wrong impression of us?" I asked and yanked the door open. I exited the house and walked towards the garage and switched on my car. It made some clicking sound. I opened the door and got in. I pushed the key in and ignited the car's engine. I closed my eyes and exhaled. I threw my head back on the seat and opened my eyes. I licked my lips.

What feelings is this?

Why do I feel like going back to her and pulling her close to me?

Why do I feel like cuddling her and cleaning the tears off her teary face?

What exactly is this feeling?

Get over yourself, Leo.

Damnit! I hit the steering wheel and it honked. I placed my head on the steering wheel and closed my eyes.

I looked back at the door of my house. I opened my door and walked back to my house. I was about to knock on the door but I dropped my hands.

"It is not necessary." I said and exhaled.

Not like there was anything between us.

I entered my car and ignited the car engine. I serviced it and drove off.