20

CHAPTER TWENTY

*************

Rose's POV

*************

So right now, I am stuck somewhere in Florida that I don't even know.

Well, you must be guessing what happened after that stupid driver asked me where I was going.

**Flashback**

"Ma'am, where are you going to?" He asked me. I looked at him. He had the most polite smile. I smiled and gave him the address. He nodded and urged me to get into his car.

I opened the door and carried my bag in. I sat down and he drove off.

Not knowing anything and being new in a place can make someone silly or lost rather. I noticed that he was going in another direction. Notice I knew the direction. The more he drove in, the darker it got. I was starting to become scared.

"Sir, are we almost there?" I asked.

"Yeah." He said simply without looking back.

We have been driving for one hour and we are yet to get to Leo's place. 

Is his place that far?

"Sir.." He screeched to a halt and switched off the engine. At this time my heart was starting to beat really fast, you could even hear it. I gulped dryly and watched him as he scattered some things. Then through a ray of light, I saw him bring out something that looks like… A pistol.

My heart skipped a beat and I started sweating profusely. He turned back at me. I blinked my eyes and trembled in fear. I was already shaking. He smirked and got off. He opened the passenger door and pointed the gun at me.

"Get down." That was all he said that took me to hurriedly open the door. I made sure to take my purse. I ran as fast as my legs could carry me.

I kept running till I got to the subway. I looked back, breathing heavily, and calmed down a bit when I did not see anyone suspicious. I walked while looking around to see if anyone was following me. I sat down and dabbed the sweats off my face. I was soaked in sweats.

I brought out my phone and saw that it was 10:30 PM. I threw my head back and relaxed.

Wait, my bag?

I forgot my bag in that man's car.

My clothes…

I squeezed my eyes shut.

"Gosh, what kind of shit is this?" I thought.

I may just stay here for the night. I looked through my purse and saw the paper that contained Leo's home address there. Thankfully I collected it.

**Next Morning**

I felt something liquid dropped on my face. I clutched my eyes and shook them off.

I felt it drop again. I slowly opened my eyes. Looking around, it was morning already. I yawned and stretched. Then I remembered my purse, I searched my body and saw that it was still with me. I smiled and stood up.

I looked around and saw people getting in and out of the train.

I need to ask someone for direction.

"Good day, ma'am." I greeted.

She looked like a woman that could still be in her early forties.

She looked at me.

"Ma'am, do you perhaps by any means know how I can get here?" I asked handing the paper over to her.

She collected it and scanned through it with her eyes.

"You are not that far from there. Just go over to the garage and give the driver. He will take you there." She suggested.

I scratched the back of my neck. I did not like the idea one bit.

**End Of Flashback**

It's just 6:30 AM and I have been walking around. I got to a driver and smiled nervously at him.

"How may I help you, miss?" He asked.

"I am actually going to this place." I said and handed the paper to him.

"Okay, miss. It's just thirty minutes drive from here." He said.

"Ermm, sir.. Something happened to me and I will not like it to happen again." I said and he faced me.

"Last night I got into a cab and was duped. So please, hope you are not going to…" I trailed off.

"Ma'am, getting into a cab that just parked in front of you out of nowhere is really dangerous. And besides, I have been driving in this bus station. I can show you my driving license and you can take a picture of it. In case I do something like that, you can report me to the authorities." He said.

I relaxed a bit. He sounds quite convincing.

"Okay, if you say so." I said. I hesitated before entering his cab.

"Will like me to play you music?" He asked.

"Huh? No. Not really." I said looking out of the window.

I placed my head on the window and my imagination started running wide.

What if he is not home?

What if I catch him with another lady and he rejects me on the instance?

What if…

Several what ifs kept infiltrating my head. I sighed.

"Ma'am, we have arrived." He declared. I looked at him. I did not hear what he said.

"We have arrived." He said politely.

"Oh, thanks. And by the way, here is your pay." I said scanning his code. When the alert sounded, I smiled.

"Thank you, miss." He said. I nodded my head and came out of the car.

So which one among these houses is Leo's?

I walked towards one narrowing my eyes on the address written on a plate that was placed on the wall.

"456." I read out. I looked at the papers in my hand and it read "447".

I moved away and walked down a little bit.

Then I saw another read " 440". I smiled and started trailing the numbers. I finally got an apartment with a brown door.

My palms had become sweaty. I was getting anxious and at the same time nervous.

I strides towards it slowly and was about to knock but I stopped. I dropped my hands and turned back to leave.

I turned back and raised my hands to knock. I dropped it and turned to leave again. I could take a step further. Like I was under some spell.

I turned towards it again and exhaled deeply. After some much hesitation, I knocked.

No response.

I knocked again.

No response. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Who's that?" I heard someone call out sleepily. I heard footsteps coming. I closed my eyes tightly and the door clicked open.

I slowly opened my eyes and before me stood a lady…