𝐂𝐡.1: 𝐌𝐨𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐧 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬

TW: Mentions of su*c*de. Don't worry, this isn't as angsty as you think it is..

3rd pov

A boring white ceiling was the first thing that he saw after opening his eyes. A conveniently-sized bed was the first thing that his body felt, one that felt more uncomfortable even with the addition of a plus-sized blanket covering it. The only thing that felt close to comfort was the white pillow that lays under his head.

Observing his surroundings, he soon realised that his suspicions were indeed correct. Several empty beds, the overbearing presence of the color white, a tall wooden shelf that only have a box of tissue. On top of all that, he was wearing a white patient gown that doesn't suit his liking.

'Yep, this is definitely a hospital.' the boy concluded.

But that also comes with various questions. How did he end up in this hospital? How long was he here? How much does the medical bills? How is he gonna pay it back?

His brain was overwhelmed with spiraling questions that he let out a sneeze on accident.

"Oh. Looks like you're awake." said a gentle voice that catches his attention.

He turned around to see a girl with wavy black hair that have a slight blue tint. Noticing her blue uniform, he deduced that she is a nurse working in this building. Alas, someone that could give him some much-needed answers.

Beside her was a brown-haired woman whose extremely pale complexion caught the boy's attention. He was pleasantly surprised about seeing her, since he was absolutely certain that he was the only one in the ward. Still, that fact alone calms his anxiety down a notch regarding his loneliness in the situation.

But something hit him over the reason for believing that earlier. The woman had fallen asleep on her bed. Gosh, no wonder the room were quieter than expected.

"Are you okay?" the girl asked her out of curiosity. "Do you need anything?"

"Yeah, but can I have some water first?" he replied. The girl then filled an empty mug through the drinking dispenser, placing it on the shelf. The boy then drank it like their throat depends on it.

"Hm, this is some good water you got there." he spoked in delight. As he sips through his water, he discovered that the window was displaying a ray of sunlight on the sleeping woman. He also notices that the hot pink sky was ablaze by the glowing sun.

"Is it sunset?" he asked the nurse.

"Yes. Around 7 p.m." she responded before closing the curtains of the woman. "Is there anything you wanna ask?"

"Where am I? What day it is? How do I end up here?"

"You're at Hanguk University Hospital. You were admitted to the hospital last night."

"How though?"

"Someone found you on the pavement in an unconscious state." she explained. "The ambulance were called to bring you here. The doctors concluded that you suffered minor injuries, hence why all of them were busy doing their own task."

"And before you ask, they did want me to relay you such information in case you woke up." she mentioned.

Ignoring the fact that she knew what he wanted to ask, the weirdest part was that they didn't even find out the reason for his state in the first place.

"Can you tell what my name is?"

"Huh?" the girl wondered in confusion. "Did you suffer from amnesia or something?"