𝐂𝐡.27: 𝐈𝐥𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐥 𝐓𝐨𝐭𝐨 𝐏𝐭.2

3rd pov (Soo-Yuen's side)

Soo-Yuen felt nothing short of confusion over her current circumstances. What was supposed to be a simple trip to the convenience store have turned into a hacking ploy to get someone's money back from a gambling website. And all of that because she just wanted to buy a quick snack.

In all honesty, she wasn't surprised that Jiho was the one who got the short end of the stick. Not that she doesn't feel sympathy for his situation, but she recognised he received karma from his own actions. Who in the right mind thought gambling away millions of won was a good idea? Its addictive nature could convince anyone to do such idiotic choices.

While waiting for more people to arrive, she looked around to get herself used to the surroundings. Seeing her schoolmates in the same place felt like a high school gathering, with a few people she only just met. It didn't help that Min Joon left the place in a panic shortly after her arrival, but at least he texted her some much-needed context behind Jiho's situation. 

Even though she recognised Jiho and Ha Neul, she doesn't consider herself close enough to call them friends. To her, they're nothing more than her cousin's classmates even after their sleepover during the retreat. Besides, she's too busy dealing with her school life to bother investing entirely into a social one. No matter if it makes her sound like a 'pick-me' girl.

In all honesty, the closest friend she had was Min Joon, but that's counting the few interactions they had. Family relatives outweigh friends in her social group, afterall.

Other than that, she also isn't familiar with the other three. She only recognised the girl from her visit to the school, since her beauty did cause a minor shock within the guys alongside being a sister to Crystal. The short guy beside her does make an impression on her, despite being their first encounter. Something tells her that Kouji is smarter than what his look implies. As for the store worker, she genuinely found him to be a nice person underneath his ugly facade.

Not to be mean or anything. Just an observation.

"Ahh, why aren't they here yet?" whined Kouji.

"They will be here soon." she told the whiny kid. You can guess who she was referring to.

Almost immediately, a bell rang as the door opened to let someone enter into the store. The person in question was a blonde guy whose long coat covers his entire grey hoodie and his barely visible hands. The moment she noticed the long bangs that cover his eyes does she immediately recognise the guy as another one of her cousin's classmates.

She may not be close to Jaeyeol, but she isn't clueless on his reputation within the school. The top of his class until the other Hyungseok took that position, while also being an extremely quiet person. Not to mention, his status as a chaebol was evident from his clothing alone. Which makes it funnier when Kouji started acting like a dog after sniffing his scent of richness.

Damn, didn't expect him to be down bad for money. 

"He's here." Jiho shouted as the bell rangs again, leading to Kouji turning around in excitement like a puppy. 

"Jiho, how you've grown, summoning me like this..."

"Sorry..."

Alas, somebody close to her was standing near the door with his streetwear hoodie and his cap. That familiar scowl face was enough for her to open her mouth.

"Hey, Jin Sung. Didn't expect you to be Jiho's friend."

The guy noticed her voice and widened his eyes at her direction. "Soo-Yuen? You're here too?"

"Obviously."

"Is she-"

"No, Jin Sung. Mi-Jin isn't with me."