𝐂𝐡.16: 𝐏𝐚𝐩𝐫𝐢𝐤𝐚𝐓𝐕

3rd pov

Well, the results weren't what he was expecting. Call it a double-edged sword, if you will.

Sure, the video went viral enough to amassed a total of 500 thousand views on the platform. The producer who rejected Duke for his looks was under scrutiny for his comments, getting cancelled from international users on Tweeter. Hell, it was so bad that the agency had to announce in a statement that he choose to retire from the industry as a whole.

Despite feeling pity for the guy, part of him noted that he got his comeuppance for his actions. Even though said action wasn't a great justification for such intense backlash. Good thing he chose to keep his online identity a secret, that's a smart move.

However, the media circus surrounding it sadly overshadowed the performance as a whole. The hope of Duke getting more recognition only resulted in a small fanbase instead. And that's considering the fact that most of them were from international viewers, not local ones.

As for Daniel... Does he even need to explain it? Your guess was good as his.

So in short, Duke still ended up being underappreciated like his canon counterpart. A small fanbase was created, but not necessarily for the talent.

That being said, it was an amusing start to his Newtube career. His channel met the requirements to start monetization, leaving him an opportunity to earn some money. But for now, time to focus on going through the hellhole that is school.

Speaking of school, he saw a girl going over to Daniel's seat, praising his performance before offering a beige wallet with patterns belonging to some expensive brand. Being the generous person he was, Daniel rejected her offer before she went back to her seat. Needless to say, he has fallen in love with her, much to the chagrin of Min Joon.

He can't completely fault his classmate for falling for her; his naivety stems from his lack of social interactions, afterall. And who wouldn't fall for the beautiful girl with long hair and adorable eyes. Too bad that underneath her sweet exterior lies a personality that could only be described as a two-face bitch.

Not like he has any better way to describe Yui Kim. That's literally her in a nutshell.

Yui Kim, a classmate of his in the Fashion Department

Yui Kim, a classmate of his in the Fashion Department. She's a popular streamer on PaprikaTV, the most popular in the whole department. But don't let her pretty looks fool you; a false impression won't be enough to cover her mean personality, fortunately.

Of course, it was ideal to refrain himself from telling that to Daniel. It's better for him to discover the truth than risking a potential loss of friendship. It may come off as

Still, he can't help feeling sympathy for Zoe, who was cast aside from her classmates thanks to Yui's influence. Like a queen bee controlling her hive of bees to do her bidding. That...actually makes a lot of sense, to be perfectly honest.