𝐂𝐡.33: 𝐀 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐮𝐭

3rd pov

"Welcome to my house, Jiho. Make yourself at home, I guess." 

Just like his greeting, Min Joon didn't expect his classmate to arrive so soon. A hint of surprise wasn't visible on his resting face, but he could feel it in his heart. He expected Jiho to come to his house today. He wasn't expecting to arrive around the lunchtime.

"Woah, this is a nice house. Didn't expect your apartment to be quite spacious."

Min Joon nodded in agreement. "Be careful of the couch. My laptop's nearby and I ain't gonna buy a new one soon." 

Jiho ignored his advice and jumped onto his couch, with its cushions feeling soft and comfy from its lengths. Min Joon was thankful his laptop didn't break from the impact of his classmate, otherwise he would've given him a fine. Still, he placed it at another table before walking to the kitchen.

"You haven't eaten lunch yet?" he asked him, hearing the growling sound from his stomach. Jiho responded with a sheepish nod, resulting in Min Joon judging him through a silent stare.  "And here I thought you ate some late breakfast. Guess I was wrong."

Jiho rubbed his head in embarrassment. "I woke up late today. Ate a piece of bun on the way out."

"You slept late yesterday?" Min Jon asked in amusement.

"Too much videogames." he responded, sounding like a liar. Min Joon raised his eyebrows in suspicions, leading Jiho to sigh before confessing the truth. "More like we had a family event last night. Nothing special."

Min Joon smiled gently before opening the fridge. His classmate, for the better or worse, have a habit to lie about his life to sound more interesting. All just to fit into the crowd of approving peers. With that fact in mind, Min Joon could see through his claims and determine if it was a lie or not. Exactly similar to the length of Pinocchio's nose whenever the puppet isn't truthful.

There isn't other metaphors he could think of.

"Would you rather help me out for lunch then? You're my classmate, but I assumed you know how to cook. Right?" he asked him.

"Min Joon, I'm a teenager. You think I'm a baby?" he chuckled in bafflement.

"No, but some are." he responded before cracking an egg into a bowl.

It wasn't long until they served a meal. A meal consisting of fried rice with luncheon meat on the side. It was a simple dish coming from two adequate cooks, but nobody could mess up such a dish whenever a wok get involved. By the time the meal came out in its delicious state, the two dig into it to their delight.

"That's some pretty good fried rice." muttered Jiho while chewing on his food. Min Joon nodded in response, chewing on the luncheon meat. It was a good thing he had an airfryer, for said meat wouldn't have turned out perfectly greasy without it. As they chew into their lunch, their conversation was engaging enough to not distract himself with Newtube.

An unexpected outcome for him. He would usually watch something to ease through the act of eating, but a conversation turned out to be a nice alternative to his habit. Color him stoked, as Heather Chandler once said.

"So Jiho, there's something I want to ask. Why do you want to continue the taekwondo lessons?"

Jiho paused, holding his chopsticks while looking at him. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, I paid for my lessons with Taehun. You could've stopped coming after I brought you there the first time, but you didn't."

"You're asking me to not go?" he asked, chewing on a luncheon meat.