𝐂𝐡.8: 𝐋𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐍𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐚 𝐂𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐒𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐞

3rd pov

Well, say goodnight to his sleep, he supposed.

Still, that won't stop him from going to a convenience store in the middle of the night. Not just any convenience store, but the store where the MC's original body works as a part-timer. But since it isn't nearby his house, he took a bus towards the nearest station across the store.

Not like he cares about being sleep-deprived anyway. So much for having insomnia.

It was easy to find the store thanks to its signature colors of blue, white and green. He was actually shocked that it was a GaJang store, as he thought all of their stores were rebranded as 'C.U'. How the hell did Daniel gets to work at one of the rarest convenience stores in Korea? Like hell he knows!

Once he enters the store, his eyes were focused on a short chubby boy with glasses that stood behind the cashier counter. So focused that he ignored the chiming bell that came before him. With his mint shirt and his long sleeves, Min Joon could absolutely tell that he was indeed the person that he mentioned. All alone on his night shift, ain't that sound depressing enough?

Nevermind, that sounds way too much like himself. But Min Joon has something to escape his problems. Daniel, on the other hand, not so much. That's one difference between the two of them.

Seeing Daniel in his original body got him feeling pity for the little guy

Seeing Daniel in his original body got him feeling pity for the little guy. Despite all the bullying he went through, he mostly doesn't treated others the way that he was looked down upon by others. Sure, he would take out his anger on his mother, but that'd undoubtedly changed in the future.

Perhaps his sympathy toward the guy is what prompted him to waved at him before walking through the aisles of the mart. Something he wouldn't normally do whenever he isn't trying to put on a facade. Then again, who wouldn't want to greet the protagonist anyway?

Plus, eyeing on Min Joon may look stalkerish, but the latter knew better that it was for good intentions. Daniel's earnest smile should spell out any doubts. Too bad that his appearance was what people pay attention to. The usual fucked-up beauty standards in the home that is South Korea...

Makes you wonder how people could cope with these kinds of bullshit.

Hearing his stomach rumbling, he grabbed a pink-colored ramen cup from the ramen isle. Carbonara-styled chicken ramen, eh? Just the mention of it sounds appetising enough, especially when it comes from a brand like Hamyang. And accompanying it with a can of orange juice help elevate his basic meal. Not that he minds it, he just wanna not get bore by the routine. Y'know, to spice things up a notch?

But before he left the drinks section, a sudden thought appeared in his name. He could do a nice favor for the little Daniel, that'd give a good impression. With that in mind, he took an energy drink from the chiller and make his way to the cashier counter.

"W-Welcome." greeted Daniel.

"Hi, Daniel." he greeted him back.

"Daniel?" confused Daniel before pointing to his name-tag. "I think you're mistaken. I'm Hyungseok, not Daniel."